Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Admittedly Calli is a lot calmer than I thought she would be.

She mentioned something about that?
Funny thing is, for a long while Calli foolishly thought that Rushia didn't like her (something about Calli's character design was basically Rushia but with boing boings?). But apparently Rushia was the one who called Calli up and asked "Hey wanna collab?".

So now Calli's thinking of making a Holo Deathsquad team with Rushia & Ollie and play Minecraft or something.

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Funny thing is, for a long while Calli foolishly thought that Rushia didn't like her (something about Calli's character design was basically Rushia but with boing boings?). But apparently Rushia was the one who called Calli up and asked "Hey wanna collab?".

So now Calli's thinking of making a Holo Deathsquad team with Rushia & Ollie and play Minecraft or something.
Well that's a nice story

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Marine stifle her giggles and squeals during the Umisea collab really is a mood. Marine has been talking about wanting to hang out with Gura for months now and she finally got her wish.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
man i feel bad for the TOs. Must suck having to fill/work around crashing servers that you have no control over

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Perfect imaging of Pekora in GTA

1kUbNoU.gif

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
"You have the pallet of a 6 year old" destroyed me with a gap moe sledgehammer, based Gura XD

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

Oof, I couldn't stay up to watch but it looks like AGP did badly and she was a bit down on herself

It was rough but not really for those reasons. Apex servers have been terrible since the patch so ReIgnite switched formats since Arenas were still somewhat decent. They couldn't push the tournament back since they booked a live venue and there were so many participants that might not be able to reschedule.

I felt like Selen and Bobon were putting SO much pressure on themselves despite the format change when in reality it was just a relatively small tournament with some good competition so it shouldn't be the time to think it's a do or die situation. People were DCing even with the format and while there was money involved this wasn't like TI or something.

The nail in the coffin for me was Bobon having some kidney (?)/health issues and Selen and Hada wanting to forfeit/cancel so he could go to the hospital and get it checked out. That lead to a series of weird/awkward games as they were just warming up where Bobon literally just didn't say anything while Selen and Hada were talking and kind of covering for him. I tuned in here and there but it was not a very good environment so I didn't listen to everything. They ended up playing at least another game but it didn't go great.

Overall I think Selen had way too much on her plate with the ShibuyaHal custom and this at the same time along with whatever activities she already had before that.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
It was rough but not really for those reasons. Apex servers have been terrible since the patch so ReIgnite switched formats since Arenas were still somewhat decent. They couldn't push the tournament back since they booked a live venue and there were so many participants that might not be able to reschedule.

I felt like Selen and Bobon were putting SO much pressure on themselves despite the format change when in reality it was just a relatively small tournament with some good competition so it shouldn't be the time to think it's a do or die situation. People were DCing even with the format and while there was money involved this wasn't like TI or something.

The nail in the coffin for me was Bobon having some kidney (?)/health issues and Selen and Hada wanting to forfeit/cancel so he could go to the hospital and get it checked out. That lead to a series of weird/awkward games as they were just warming up where Bobon literally just didn't say anything while Selen and Hada were talking and kind of covering for him. I tuned in here and there but it was not a very good environment so I didn't listen to everything. They ended up playing at least another game but it didn't go great.

Overall I think Selen had way too much on her plate with the ShibuyaHal custom and this at the same time along with whatever activities she already had before that.
Yeah, it was really clear that Selen being tired from being up at a really fucked time for her timezone, plus Bobon being in a lot of pain from whatever health issues cropped up in the past couple of days, was impacting on their performance - and the fact that they were doing poorly was putting even more stress and frustration on Bobon. On top of that, all of their matches were scheduled relatively late in their bracket, which meant they basically had to just wait (or do practice rounds) while Selen was audibly exhausted and Bobon was in a lot of pain. The atmosphere of the collab got pretty dire during that period, though it improved some at the end when it got to the real match and Bobon started talking again, but it was clear that even with the skill disparity that they had going in they were not playing at their best.

The fact that people were shitting on AGP ranking poorly after all that is pretty pathetic, and I think Selen did a pretty good job putting things in perspective (and telling people mad at her to touch grass) in her post-game stream. I hope this doesn't mean she won't get invited to tournaments in the future like she said was possible, and I hope Bobon doesn't beat himself up too much about this either. Almost everything involved in this was completely out of their control and every member of AGP made as much of a bad situation as they could.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

So basically, the guest list wasn't final and wasn't meant to be posted in the first place but one of the people behind the China account freaked out when they got spammed by the trolls so they made that reply without permission from the manager.

Seems like they even upset people behind the event with that original reply. Hopefully things calm down and Kson can still work with them in the future.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

ollie was talking about the holo death squad yesterday during her MK stream too. She hasnt interacted much with Rushia yet but wants to collab with her too

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, listening to it, they weren't exactly going for Mozart, but a fun song that establishes they're a group now, I'd also say the chaoticness was the point but I had a "rewind" to catch all the subs but that might have been solved if they organized it better

I imagine they'll have this song playing at the beginning of streams when they collab

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a lot of room for improvement if they want to continue to due cross branch unit songs. Which it seems like cross branch units songs seem like they are going to be in high demand now so....

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this was rough, they were playing against very skilled people sure, but they also had a ton of shit go poorly for them personally right as it was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.