• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking through the posted schedules I'm surprised to see that Gura isn't collabing with any of the Council right off the bat. Seemed like she was excited to a few weeks back.

Oct 25, 2017

pretty fascinating setup to do a pc build. Green screen + green sleeves or something.

unknown.png

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This has probably been asked, but why isn't this thread on the gaming side? These streamers main content is playing games.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
This has probably been asked, but why isn't this thread on the gaming side? These streamers main content is playing games.

I don't think it fits on the gaming side because it's not about about games per se, they're entertainers who happen to play games among other things.

Also this site has a huge hate boner about anything remotely related to Anime that's outside of their "containment" threads. Have you seen what happens when there's a thread about Vtubers on the general forums? A bunch of people will shit the thread saying "I don't understand this and thus shouldn't be allowed" if not outright attack the people that like them.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017

I think the reason is (this is my opinion) because despite most of vtuber discussed here usually stream games, there also a segment of vtuber who don't stream game or their main focus is something else like karaoke or funny skits. Not to mention the discussion here also don't always focus on their gaming content.

We have several posters here who like Vtuber produced by Riot Music or Kamitsubaki studio, and their content is mostly music

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Let's not forget gaming side generally abhors "Anime Shit"

I don't think avoiding shitty behavior is a solution, especially for this forum.

All other gaming streamers/youtubers are on the gaming side (and yes some of those people also have random other content).

These streamers are getting very large and deserve to be part of the gaming discussion. The people who don't get it can get the appropriate moderation.

It just seems like a missed opportunity based on fear that people will be shitty rather than OT being the actual best home for these great content creators.

Edit: I guess what gets me even more is this is more diversity that gaming desperately needs and these women (large percentage of vtubers) are separated from the gaming community.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Last time I subjected myself to a VTuber thread on Gaming Side I saw people calling some members pedophiles for enjoying Gura's content, fun times

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
I don't think avoiding shitty behavior is a solution, especially for this forum.

All other gaming streamers/youtubers are on the gaming side (and yes some of those people also have random other content).

These streamers are getting very large and deserve to be part of the gaming discussion. The people who don't get it can get the appropriate moderation.

It just seems like a missed opportunity based on fear that people will be shitty rather than OT being the actual best home for these great content creators.

Edit: I guess what gets me even more is this is more diversity that gaming desperately needs and these women (large percentage of vtubers) are separated from the gaming community.
I don't think it's worth it. A lot of the content vtubers put out that isn't directly gaming related can be pretty problematic and will just be used to attack vtubing as a whole.

Just look at today's Hololive Fantasy stream and how it was full of sexual stuff. Can you imagine how people on the gaming side would react to that? Let alone the loli and shota stuff that some vtubers really like.

It's honestly just asking for trouble.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And the VShojo girls, while they do play games, a lot of their content is just chatting and reacting to videos.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's worth it. A lot of the content vtubers put out that isn't directly gaming related can be pretty problematic and will just be used to attack vtubing as a whole.

Just look at today's Hololive Fantasy stream and how it was full of sexual stuff. Can you imagine how people on the gaming side would react to that? Let alone the loli and shota stuff that some vtubers really like.

It's honestly just asking for trouble.

Being 100% real about it, the fact that there's a lot of vtubers doing stuff that would get them side-eyed by people speaks a lot more about them than it does the people calling it out.

Dumb shit like "liking Gura means you like pedophile stuff" aside, examples like Noel with her young boy sex jokes, Marine generally acting like a predator and Pikamee loving erotic loli stuff is kinda sus on the people playing them IRL.

Like using Era as an example, if someone made a thread about people in the game industry championing that stuff they'd get put on blast and rightfully so.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
Being 100% real about it, the fact that there's a lot of vtubers doing stuff that would get them side-eyed by people speaks a lot more about them than it does the people calling it out.

Dumb shit like "liking Gura means you like pedophile stuff" aside, examples like Noel with her young boy sex jokes, Marine generally acting like a predator and Pikamee loving erotic loli stuff is kinda sus on the people playing them IRL.

Like using Era as an example, if someone made a thread about people in the game industry championing that stuff they'd get put on blast and rightfully so.
Yeah, I don't disagree. Something like Comic LO is quite popular amongst a lot of vtubers. People like Pikamee, Matsuri, and Flare just openly post about that on Twitter. Gura has no problem liking ecchi loli art of her on Twitter either. And Nene had a whole meltdown in one of her gacha streams about how erotic the loli-looking girl she got was and how much she loved her.

A big part of the vtuber community tolerates, and even embraces, stuff like that. I'm sure most people here are against that as well, but we still tolerate it because we just like the other stuff about vtubers a lot. Now imagine how gaming side would react to stuff like that when they already don't like or understand the whole concept of vtubers...

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't disagree. Something like Comic LO is quite popular amongst a lot of vtubers. People like Pikamee, Matsuri, and Flare just openly post about that on Twitter. Gura has no problem liking ecchi loli art of her on Twitter either. And Nene had a whole meltdown in one of her gacha streams about how erotic the loli-looking girl she got was and how much she loved her.

A big part of the vtuber community tolerates, and even embraces, stuff like that. I'm sure most people here are against that as well, but we still tolerate it because we just like the other stuff about vtubers a lot. Now imagine how gaming side would react to stuff like that when they already don't like or understand the whole concept of vtubers...

Yeah, it sucks because there are vtubers I really enjoyed but once they showed their ass with that kind of stuff I had to stop watching.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue that the most popular and discussed content from Vtubers here are their non-game streams, so moving the thread to gaming doesn't seem relevant, at least in my mind. They also are more variety streamers than game streamers, so EtcetEra seems like the right place. I feel like there is a bigger discussion if this should just be a Hololive thread than a Vtuber thread honestly 😄

On the problematic stuff, that is something we should probably address here better in the first place. Like, should we be sharing content from some of them on this forum? It would go a long way to helping put Vtubers in a better position on this forum if we held ourselves to a better standard on who we discussed. Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm not regularly discussing here anyway. Just occasionally sharing thoughts.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
On the problematic stuff, that is something we should probably address here better in the first place. Like, should we be sharing content from some of them on this forum? It would go a long way to helping put Vtubers in a better position on this forum if we held ourselves to a better standard on who we discussed. Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm not regularly discussing here anyway. Just occasionally sharing thoughts.

This is honestly how I feel as well. We should hold them to the same standards we hold IRL folks and game industry people who do questionable things.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

Doesnt help that the fandoms dont really do anything to discourage that stuff. Like even stuff that shouldn't be related to that can get twisted. Calli says that she likes short people(well her words were that she likes 'small'), and suddenly people start trying to call her a shotacon or whatever even though she never implied liking kids in the first place.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
I think we should let that be up to each individual to decide whether they want to share someone's content or not. Like I personally completely ignore most of vshojo because a lot of their content is sex related and some of them have a problematic past, but if other people still enjoy them then I'm not going to stop them. To each their own.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Doesnt help that the fandoms dont really do anything to discourage that stuff. Like even stuff that shouldn't be related to that can get twisted. Calli says that she likes short people(well her words were that she likes 'small'), and suddenly people start trying to call her a shotacon or whatever even though she never implied liking kids in the first place.

Yeah this was some dumb shit, genuinely.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

The Vtuber community is really just another form of the anime community and everything that comes with that. Plenty of problematic content and people to go along with the actual good stuff.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I doubt it would do much of anything to change the perception people already have of them here. AnimeEra does its best to keep the bad/creepy shit out and anime is still shit on pretty thoroughly around here unless it's a 90's series that people here grew up with on Toonami or something. I will say that I usually try not to share clips of the repeat offenders on here like Matsuri.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a friendly reminder that it may not feel like it sometimes here, but there are vtubers outside of the big groups. Plenty of those aren't into lolicons or are especially horny either.

As with all media I feel like its never black and white. I still play and enjoy games/music/tv/anime that have documented problems from creators to content to other stuff. I dont defend the bad shit though. Once you start defending the bad stuff... maybe its time to rethink things.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Just a friendly reminder that it may not feel like it sometimes here, but there are vtubers outside of the big groups. Plenty of those aren't into lolicons or are especially horny either.

As with all media I feel like its never black and white. I still play and enjoy games/music/tv/anime that have documented problems from creators to content to other stuff. I dont defend the bad shit though. Once you start defending the bad stuff... maybe its time to rethink things.

Yep, much like Twitch with its bunch of toxic masculine alt-right assholes you have to dodge, since starting to look into this hobby I quickly became hella selective about who I choose to follow because a lot of them are genuine bad news, it comes with the territory of people pretending to be anime waifus/husbandos and the crowds that watch that. But not all of them are like that.

Oh, and as mentioned above Pikamee absolutely is on ultra-creepy predatory fuckboy tier, Iofi too as you can see in the tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.