Blindside

Jan 23, 2020

Here's the thing.

There is a tendency in this community (and really, social media at large) to label things as a way to not have to engage with any of it. That's why you can just call something "anti" or "drama," and people will just go along with it -- it's just easier that way.

And fine. Everyone has their own lines of what they consider acceptable. No one's making you go anywhere that you don't want to.

But I don't like it. In fact, I think it's dangerous, because that is what the community did to Sayu. And if I'm being honest, I think this continued tendency to label things as a way to dispose of them, kind of guarantees that future Sayus are inevitable -- because no one wants to do the work to critically engage with something they don't like.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the thing.

There is a tendency in this community (and really, social media at large) to label things as a way to not have to engage with any of it. That's why you can just call something "anti" or "drama," and people will just go along with it -- it's just easier that way.

And fine. Everyone has their own lines of what they consider acceptable. No one's making you go anywhere that you don't want to.

But I don't like it. In fact, I think it's dangerous, because that is what the community did to Sayu. And if I'm being honest, I think this continued tendency to label things as a way to dispose of them, kind of guarantees that future Sayus are inevitable -- because no one wants to do the work to critically engage with something they don't like.
If this kind of thing displeases you, then be prepared to continue to be displeased. I'm not going to stop calling a spade a spade. I can look at 4chan and decide that this site is a piece of shit I don't want to engage with. I can look at Free Republic and decide that this site is a piece of shit I don't want to engage with. I can look at r/kurosanji and see literally this survey posted by the mods to find out which slurs would be acceptable to this community, and I can feel comfortable in labeling the fucking subreddit a hate subreddit, and if you don't like it then fine, you don't like it.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Goodsmile announce Hololive talent figma Sakamoto Chloe

4370613.jpg

4370614.jpg

figma 沙花叉クロヱ|グッドスマイルカンパニー公式ショップ

人気バーチャルYouTuberグループ『ホロライブプロダクション』より、ホロライブ6期生「沙花叉クロヱ」がfigmaになって登場! ・表情パーツ:「笑顔」「泣き顔」「ぐるぐる顔」 ・オプションパーツ:二種の「マスク」「フードあり頭部パーツ」「コートオフ用腕パーツ(左右)」ほか

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Sad news for.Live The live event on 5/26 has been canceld, because of numerous bomb and death threat that has been received by the place where the event is taking place.

For the safety of the fan, staff and talent, it has been decided to cancel the event
And because of the cancelation of the event, the origional planned merchandie and other are canceled, and ticket will be refunded, the company will announce in the future.
And in order to prevent and solve this issue, the Appland(The company that own .Live) will be working with local authority to solve this and prevent this from happening again.

4370466.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/dotLIVEyoutuber/status/1793205168777081196?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1793205168777081196%7Ctwgr%5E36bc08163ec2fa52e75a27b7b7c462b87bd4910e%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.gamebase.com.tw%2Fnews%2Fdetail%2F99423437

The talent have also tweeted out that they are sad, and in order to make up to t heir fan, on the day of the concert. they will be hosting a special stream together and invite their fan to watch.

4370471.jpg

4370478.jpg

koga88

Sep 25, 2022
Sad news for.Live The live event on 5/26 has been canceld, because of numerous bomb and death threat that has been received by the place where the event is taking place.

For the safety of the fan, staff and talent, it has been decided to cancel the event
And because of the cancelation of the event, the origional planned merchandie and other are canceled, and ticket will be refunded, the company will announce in the future.
And in order to prevent and solve this issue, the Appland(The company that own .Live) will be working with local authority to solve this and prevent this from happening again.

4370466.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/dotLIVEyoutuber/status/1793205168777081196?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1793205168777081196%7Ctwgr%5E36bc08163ec2fa52e75a27b7b7c462b87bd4910e%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.gamebase.com.tw%2Fnews%2Fdetail%2F99423437

The talent have also tweeted out that they are sad, and in order to make up to t heir fan, on the day of the concert. they will be hosting a special stream together and invite their fan to watch.

4370471.jpg

4370478.jpg

I'll admit that I know absolutely nothing about this group or whatever circumstances around them would even cause such things to be called in other than trolls and "antis" but I always see these things and wonder why people can't just let others enjoy things in peace. I mean, again there might be some bad blood around this group for all I know but even if there was that doesn't excuse these actions in any way. I hope they'll be able to come back around out of this. It always seems to be getting worse that people can't let others just "enjoy" a different form of entertainment without hassling them.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California

4370466.jpg

4370471.jpg

4370478.jpg

I'll admit that I know absolutely nothing about this group or whatever circumstances around them would even cause such things to be called in other than trolls and "antis" but I always see these things and wonder why people can't just let others enjoy things in peace. I mean, again there might be some bad blood around this group for all I know but even if there was that doesn't excuse these actions in any way. I hope they'll be able to come back around out of this. It always seems to be getting worse that people can't let others just "enjoy" a different form of entertainment without hassling them.
It hasn't really been talked about in this thread, and I am certainly not an expert on the issue, but there have been a series of bomb/mass stabbing threats to many vtuber (and other anime adjacent?) events. I know at least a handful of vtuber concerts received them and some of them did cancel their events

The Hololive gamers event this weekend also got a bomb threat to which Korone was informed by fans and korone informed management (and iirc there was another holo concert affected but wasn't cancelled. Can't remember which it was)

View: https://x.com/inugamikorone/status/1793105279732846887?s=46&t=Z5kBzKLAwVooKHrZdThFNg

As far as I know, none of these threats were ever acted upon. Though it is a little unnerving since I'll be there too lol

I don't know where they are coming from or motivations and I assume neither do police since it's been going for like half a year at least

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Kurosanji has been trying to get someone fired for being "anti white", that alone shows you the kind of people the sub attracts.

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, r/kurosanji has been a cesspool of awful people for a while already. Most of the users are just part of a mob of shitposters desperately looking for reasons to shit and harass people, and the mods are pretty much encouraging it. Even the dramatubers know better, most of them ignored the Ryoma "drama" because the source wasn't that reliable and there wasn't any real evidence to support the claims.

That's not to say that you can't find worthwhile info once in a while, but there's no need to give exposure to that place in its current state. All the legit news will be eventually reported, anyway.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGkBsZY-UI

The street doog is back

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
oh nice GQ Japan actually has English closed captioning for Suisei's interview.

IRyS made pretty good progress last night in Elden Ring for someone so rusty. Bae too is doing well in Sekiro.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
The beautiful thing about the internet right now is you DON'T need to use sketchy sources for how bad things are/were, when you can get them from the sources itself.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuQBHkEgw8&ab_channel=RainbowRetirees

Not sure if I'd put this as better or worse than withholding the youtube awards, I'd just say it's equally shitty. :|

So this might be a misunderstanding. Sounds like niji has had a no gift policy since 2021, just fan mail which she said she got. Holo has the same policy do you to an incident with Coco.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
New VWP original song mv

View: https://youtu.be/eJUiS9YSuSM?si=w9N0X7hHJ7GC9tJY

New JJK cover from Kasuka of Vesperbell. Amazing voice as always from her

youtu.be

青のすみか - キタニタツヤ (Cover) / VESPERBELL ヨミ

青が棲んでいる————————————◆ オリジナル / Original 「青のすみか」 - キタニタツヤ  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuoVd2QNxJo ◆ ヴォーカル / Vocal  YOMI / ヨミ◆ イラスト / Illustration  KU様 http...

View: https://youtu.be/FpwY1tsABck?si=bW_9Ss29n71Or4xr

So this might be a misunderstanding. Sounds like niji has had a no gift policy since 2021, just fan mail which she said she got. Holo has the same policy do you to an incident with Coco.
Official Cover policy afaik says no gifts but multiple members the past year have said gifts are still accepted as long as they are sensible

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The Cover rule had to do with them unable to handle the sheer volume of gifts being received. Air tags were a part of it because they didn't have the space nor the manpower to sift through and secure everything. All anyone has to do is watch Kson's gift opening streams from a few years back to see the massive amount of boxes she had to go through and that's just one vtuber. I remember some Holomem getting a life time supply of toilet paper lol.

That doesn't really excuse Niji telling Mint she would get the gifts that were likely sent to her before the 2021 policy since she was around before then and then never following up. Its always "misunderstandings" with them even when it comes to important shit like tax.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think Capcom gifted her a PS5? A few members got PS5s through game companies when it was having stock issues but idk if those were just loaners. Some even borrowed staff members' PS5s lol

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think Capcom gifted her a PS5? A few members got PS5s through game companies when it was having stock issues but idk if those were just loaners. Some even borrowed staff members' PS5s lol

That could be it, I remember everyone being surprised when some holomem got a PS5 out of the blue lmao

Chrysoberyl

Feb 24, 2024
Yeah, he keeps making them. This is the guy that got squished by the 20 foot Ironmouse cutout. He also has a Sayaka Maizono wall for some reason.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
If this kind of thing displeases you, then be prepared to continue to be displeased. I'm not going to stop calling a spade a spade. I can look at 4chan and decide that this site is a piece of shit I don't want to engage with. I can look at Free Republic and decide that this site is a piece of shit I don't want to engage with. I can look at r/kurosanji and see literally this survey posted by the mods to find out which slurs would be acceptable to this community, and I can feel comfortable in labeling the fucking subreddit a hate subreddit, and if you don't like it then fine, you don't like it.

It's literally a community founded on their hate for Nijisanji. When a community only exists to foment hate it's pretty obvious which direction they'll end up going. I'm not surprised by this shit at all.