What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 126 28.4%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.1%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.7%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I liked what I played of that game in a demo on steam, but the art style puts me off

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Not sure if they changed it, but I played the first one on Steam and it's a really great Tower Defence, with interesting mechanics and cool characters. Didn't know it was coming out so soon, hopefully I'll have some time to play it.
Edit: I thought it was the second one that was coming out, nevermind that. Still, anyone here who likes the genre should pick it up.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is Tokyo Xanadu unplayable?
Just to echo the previous points, Xanadu is perfectly fine on the Vita. I've played it through twice (once on hard, once on the hardest difficulty) and in the actual battles it runs perfectly fine bar maybe a couple of attacks (and even then any drops are fairly small and infrequent). The only time the frame rate notably drops is in story scenes when a certain character appears, which is really weird as otherwise the game runs perfectly fine, its strange that a story scene with nothing much going on is where the game struggles!

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just to echo the previous points, Xanadu is perfectly fine on the Vita. I've played it through twice (once on hard, once on the hardest difficulty) and in the actual battles it runs perfectly fine bar maybe a couple of attacks (and even then any drops are fairly small and infrequent). The only time the frame rate notably drops is in story scenes when a certain character appears, which is really weird as otherwise the game runs perfectly fine, its strange that a story scene with nothing much going on is where the game struggles!

I'm on the verge between playing it on vita or ps4. I know that ps4 has more content, but feel like I will not enjoy it that much there.

In the other hand, I could still gran a collector edition from vita

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Is Utawarerumono worth getting into? I like visual novels but only if the story is compelling for example I loved Danganronpa and Steins Gate. But I'm also not interested in overly sexualised characters, stuff like Senran Kagura is off-putting for me, so if this game has that sort of thing going on I'll just skip it. I do love me some SRPG but from what I read it's only a small portion of these games right?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is Utawarerumono worth getting into? I like visual novels but only if the story is compelling for example I loved Danganronpa and Steins Gate. But I'm also not interested in overly sexualised characters, stuff like Senran Kagura is off-putting for me, so if this game has that sort of thing going on I'll just skip it. I do love me some SRPG but from what I read it's only a small portion of these games right?
Incredible story in the series. There's occasional ecchi stuff toward the beginning to the new games but once it gets serious it tends to stay serious.
The original game is great as well, not AS good IMO, though, and os a straight up eroge. The remake will likely be way better though and remove the unnecessary sex.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Atlus brings over the remake for the original.

That's honestly making things slightly complicated for me. I was planning on just watching the anime then diving into the games, but I kinda want to see what's happening with the remake.

Means I'm happy not playing them for a bit while I wait.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the verge between playing it on vita or ps4. I know that ps4 has more content, but feel like I will not enjoy it that much there.

In the other hand, I could still gran a collector edition from vita
Hard to recommend. PS4 version also has an improved frame rate, but the format of the game really does work with a handheld - playing the social/side stuff on and off when you have a few minutes, then hitting a story dungeon when you unlock them.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
They're all based on the PS3 versions rather than the PS2 versions and Vita is a hell of a lot less powerful than a PS3.

PS2 architecture was also a mess so many games were built specifically for the hardware which made it difficult to port.

Awww. All this time I'd assumed that they'd have been based off of the PS2 versions instead, and then tweaked to gain whatever extra was needed / wanted. Makes sense that they'd have been based off the PS3 versions instead though (presuming making them an releasing them at the same time and not wanting to split work too much)...

I really hope Atlus brings over the remake for the original.

Same.

Oct 26, 2017

The srpg parts make up maybe 20% of the main story, while there's significantly more in the post game (post game is also where the majority of the difficulty comes for it). There are a few ecchi cgs and some pretty lewd dialogue, but for the most part it's all largely few and far between. I'd say there's enough there to where if ecchi is a turn off for you at all, this probably isn't a series you should look into. But if you don't mind the occasional comment or lewd cg, there's quite a bit to like with the series.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK

A local store is selling the limited edition of YS ORIGINS and I don't have money

I don't have faith that the copy will still be there by the end of the month

Last edited:

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
This has been a good year so far. :3

VVKYff7l.jpg

nypc4dXl.jpg

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
How come? Can't imagine it being any worse than buying a used Vita from your home country.

I did and it was fine. Better than the used Vita I got in the US.

Only if you can't stand backwards buttons, which can always be changed in games (or at least the majority of them).

Otherwise, Japan always have the good Vita models, so would be a waste not to. :*(

Appreciate the input guys. Now I gotta decide between a Khaki Black or Neon Orange. I want both colors eventually though.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Edit: That was quick. Found my answer in the Amazon Q&A section.

PlayStation 4 Mini Wired Gamepad

Q: Does this work with the playstation tv?
A: No

Last edited:

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I keep meaning to get the muramasa complete collection since it's cheaper than buying the DLC by themselves. How is the DLC?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I keep meaning to get the muramasa complete collection since it's cheaper than buying the DLC by themselves. How is the DLC?

It's well worth it imo.

All the new characters play differently, so there's variety in gameplay. Each one have a skill tree much like the sword tree for Momo/Kisuke, but to unlock abilities and buffs.
Each DLC one has 3 new bosses, and you can - and need, to get the true endings - play the whole OG game with each DLC character, so there's quite the playtime to be had.
And iirc they're harder at the beginning than the OG game. The DLC characters get pretty broken once fully upgraded though.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, guys.

I was playing Zen Pinball 2 and I discovere dthat not only can you hold the system vertically and play in that orientation but you don't have to use the touchscreen to flip, you can use X & Triangle!

It's also way more comfortable than holding the Switch vertically.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Same, especially Konosuba and Saekano. :*(

What's Saekano like? I'm surprised to see it got a Vita adaptation though that probably shouldn't be so surprising...

So, I finished a new article (it's been a while!) looking at my 10 favourite open-worlds on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/the-10-best-open-worlds-on-vita/

Not the easiest article I've written since I didn't have a lot of choice lol! But there's some fun sandboxes available on the console.

Great article as always :D. I've wanted to play Most Wanted for a long while now, but seem to have missed the window on it being super cheap. Also a bit annoyed as I got a Vita from someone that was supposed to include it and Uncharted: Golden Abyss physically but the seller never wound up shipping the package and I wound up having to cancel the sale. One day soon, hopefully...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

IMHO, considerably better than the base game. Both of the base characters play identically, while the DLC characters all play much more uniquely. It really shows the DLC was made years after the base game, with VW having Dragon's Crown' experience under their belt.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd put the latter 2 Muramasa DLC on sale already. Bought the first 2, and now it seems it's either full price $10 for the latter 2 DLC or $11 for the whole package on sale (which goes on sale often) which just sucks for someone in my situation with the first 2 DLC.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I dont like how the Neko girl plays in muramasa, like I hate the monster cat head, at least with Momohime and Kysuke I had a lot of fun trying to select the most optimal blades on Fury Mode

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
I always believed!
Shit, I thought it was going to be cross-buy, now I have to buy it for the 3rd time despite never putting even an hours in?