• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 126 28.4%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.1%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.7%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this 2 weeks I managed to pick 2 games that I always wanted on LE. Ys Memories of Celceta and Cold Steel 1

89YvWS6.jpg

Ys Collector Edition is amazing, must be my favorite LE all of time, all the extras are cool, from the 3 cds, to the map and the compass, and the artbook that was actually an strategy guide that would help me get all the chest while trying to platinum the game. Sadly, I bought it used since the game is impossible to find on stores here, the box is banged up, but all the extras are in perfect state

Cold Steel was a game that I saw in a store 10 months ago and that I could never purchase until now. This LE has a beautiful box, and the artbook is better, but compared to YS. is very lacking

Also, with my extra copy of ys I got operation tokyo. And found danganronpa and xonic for cheap. Also I grabbed axiom verge alongside cold steel since I thought that it was the perfect time

Now Im on the drug of collecting vita games lol

That's awesome, YS Memories of Celceta CE is one of those Vita CE's I'd like to own one day. What CE/SE for Vita do you plan on getting next.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Well, this 2 weeks I managed to pick 2 games that I always wanted on LE. Ys Memories of Celceta and Cold Steel 1

89YvWS6.jpg

Ys Collector Edition is amazing, must be my favorite LE all of time, all the extras are cool, from the 3 cds, to the map and the compass, and the artbook that was actually an strategy guide that would help me get all the chest while trying to platinum the game. Sadly, I bought it used since the game is impossible to find on stores here, the box is banged up, but all the extras are in perfect state

Cold Steel was a game that I saw in a store 10 months ago and that I could never purchase until now. This LE has a beautiful box, and the artbook is better, but compared to YS. is very lacking

Also, with my extra copy of ys I got operation tokyo. And found danganronpa and xonic for cheap. Also I grabbed axiom verge alongside cold steel since I thought that it was the perfect time

Nice pick ups! Collecting gets really addicting with Vita games. I ended up buying some games that I ll probably never play and I normally don`t do that.

How many games have you collected so far? I think I have like 85-90 physical but it`s not much compared to some people on this thread, lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does the collecting bug seem to bite Vita fans so much harder than other consoles/handhelds? Is it just the weird niche that the Vita holds that attracts those types? I know I buy way too many Vita games for collecting purposes and the only other two people I know of in the real world that own a Vita are hardcore into the collecting aspect too.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Why does the collecting bug seem to bite Vita fans so much harder than other consoles/handhelds? Is it just the weird niche that the Vita holds that attracts those types? I know I buy way too many Vita games for collecting purposes and the only other two people I know of in the real world that own a Vita are hardcore into the collecting aspect too.

I'm another, I have years worth of gaming on the Vita backlog and I would like to have more if I could afford more... for me the Vita represents (arguably) the end of "traditional" hand held consoles (the 3DS is still kicking along, but even that is in the same boat)... but again, it's the best damn portable I've played, it feels great in the hands, controls well and has a sexy screen... so I want as much as I can, because I don't see myself investing in "what comes next", as I don't think it will be for me...

Dream world would see Vita 2, compatible with all Vita games, then I am all in again.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Its certainly odd. I never intended to collect for the system, I just bought games I was interested in which turned out was almost every release on the platform so I just went one better and just started getting everything. I just love the handheld that much!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome, YS Memories of Celceta CE is one of those Vita CE's I'd like to own one day. What CE/SE for Vita do you plan on getting next.

I want to pick tokyo xanadu (which I can still purchase in my country) and then go eBay and buy ys origins, ys viii and muramasa rebirth. I'm thinking on fate extella which is also on my country but don't know how good the game is. Also, would love to have la mulana ex on collector

Nice pick ups! Collecting gets really addicting with Vita games. I ended up buying some games that I ll probably never play and I normally don`t do that.

How many games have you collected so far? I think I have like 85-90 physical but it`s not much compared to some people on this thread, lol.

Including those in the pic, I have 11 games, so my collection is smaller lol

I can't speak for everyone, but this are my personal motives.
  • For some reason that I can't explain, I have a big romanticism for niche japanese software, like my biggest regret as a gamer wasn't being able to play japanese games in the 90's with software like the pc engine, saturn of pc98, and what's worst is that even to this day, finding this games and being able to play them is very hard, either for scarcity or language barrier. In that sense, the vita really feels like one of these consoles which later will maybe be harder to play (But I doubt it honestly since most of these games are already avaliable on ps4 and steam, which is great since games shouldn't be lost in history)
  • Like it or not, the vita is an incredible niche console in the west, so their games are way more scarce than the rest of the hardware in the market, so buying the physical games of the console I actually feel like my games has some kind of rare value, even though objectively getting vita games is very easy for now, specially in my country were since vita owners are so rare, that you can go to a store and find some games, but I feel that sooner that is going to stop
  • The vita is the house for some of my favorite companies like falcom, vanillaware or the dj max series, so is cool to own these games physical, also, with the vita I discovered other companies like experience, spike chunsoft
  • And the last point leads to another great thing for me, the vita community is incredible nice, like, I can go either here or reddit and discuss games in a really open way, people talk about niche games that no one else with recommend, and also praise positives on games that will be solid 6's on metacritic or things like that, is cool to feel part of a community like that in places were console wars are so toxic and exhausting

Last edited:

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I have begun playing the Ys games in order and I have a little question. Can someone confirm Celceta (US version) is PSTV compatible ? I would have played it on Vita but I have a fan watching me play the games ^_^
Are there touch based commands ? Are they emulated well ?

The other option is to wait for the rumored PC port but as it has not been announced officially yet and I would like to continue my playthrough...

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I have begun playing the Ys games in order and I have a little question. Can someone confirm Celceta (US version) is PSTV compatible ? I would have played it on Vita but I have a fan watching me play the games ^_^

The other option is to wait for the rumored PC port but as it has not been announced officially yet and I would like to continue my playthrough...

I remember that celceta was patched to work on pstv. Dont know if the touch commands are emulated well, I hated them on vita

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
FBS4Jmp.jpg

My first 2000 arrived like an hour ago and this thing is a beauty. Much more lighter than I expected as well. Will try some of my games on it to compare with my OLED.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I can't speak for everyone, but this are my personal motives.
  • For some reason that I can't explain, I have a big romanticism for niche japanese software, like my biggest regret as a gamer wasn't being able to play japanese games in the 90's with software like the pc engine, saturn of pc98, and what's worst is that even to this day, finding this games and being able to play them is very hard, either for scarcity or language barrier. In that sense, the vita really feels like one of these consoles which later will maybe be harder to play (But I doubt it honestly since most of these games are already avaliable on ps4 and steam, which is great since games shouldn't be lost in history)
  • Like it or not, the vita is an incredible niche console in the west, so their games are way more scarce than the rest of the hardware in the market, so buying the physical games of the console I actually feel like my games has some kind of rare value, even though objectively getting vita games is very easy for now, specially in my country were since vita owners are so rare, that you can go to a store and find some games, but I feel that sooner that is going to stop
  • The vita is the house for some of my favorite companies like falcom, vanillaware or the dj max series, so is cool to own these games physical, also, with the vita I discovered other companies like experience, spike chunsoft

These are a big part of it for me. I don't "collect" per se, but if something interests me I pre-order it for Vita for fear of it disappearing before too long.

nnex

Oct 27, 2017

I can only really speak for myself, but when big American retailers like Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart started putting all things Vita on clearance, I started grabbing games because I enjoyed the system and wanted to have stuff to play after the system was gone. Of course, games kept coming out after that, and I kept buying more until one day I realized I had more Vita games than games for any other system I've ever owned.

Also, I'd guess that back when the retail presence for the system dried up, a lot of collectors saw that a complete set (for many, this specifically meant an American retail set) was attainable and started collecting then.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

89YvWS6.jpg

That Ys collectors edition looks incredibly sexy.

I believe it was added to the whitelist for pstv in a update. Not sure how it controls on pstv since I play it on my vita.

Is the oled really that much better tan the LCD?
OLED > LCD for screen and that's about it. Having owned both I think the the advantages of the OLED screen aren't worth it compared to everything else the slim model has going for it like micro USB and longer battery life.

For me, it is. Unless the newer Slim models don't come with the piss filter, I'd never use the Slim if the OLED is an option.
Pee filter for a issue for the early slim models I believe. Using my slim and there's no pee filter

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
My first 2000 arrived like an hour ago and this thing is a beauty. Much more lighter than I expected as well. Will try some of my games on it to compare with my OLED.

Congrats! The silver model is a beast.

Side by side the LCD will look like washed because of the bad calibration/oversaturation of the OLED - some colors might look "more vivid", but they're innaccurate. You need to compare them to properly calibrated screens, not to one another.

User Toadthemushroom posted a lot about this on the old forum (not sure if he/she made over), but not sure if I can link the thread here. I can PM it or something.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
These are a big part of it for me. I don't "collect" per se, but if something interests me I pre-order it for Vita for fear of it disappearing before too long.
I do this as well these days. Its just all a bit mad now, Vita print runs must be super small as they are getting harder and harder to find. So I just go for stuff on day 1, rather than taking a more relaxed approach to things.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a place where I can find a cheap God Wars copy? I ordered from Amazon.de but apparently they ran out of stock and it probably won't be restocked either, same issue in co.uk. Weird, it probably had a really low print.

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
FBS4Jmp.jpg

Congrats. Where did you get it from?

I've started to use my aqua blue model. So light. It's the perfect size for a handheld. Would love to get my hands on all 2000 model versions one day

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
So this is a little off-topic, but I got zero response in the metal gear thread so it's worth a shot.

Has anyone used the transfar feature in the MGS2/3 HD games? Basically I transferred (excuse me *transfarred*) from PS3 to Vita and most of the trophies unlocked, but not all. Is there anyway to fix this and get the other's to pop or am I fucked and I'll have to shoot all those kerotan's again?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Got another interview up, with Feline Arts - devs of Suki and the Shadow Klaw:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ew-with-feline-arts-suki-and-the-shadow-klaw/

It's a cute little puzzle-platformer that looks pretty great imo. It originally made my list of Vita games to look forward to in 2018, but after they sent me these answers I realised it's going to be hitting 2019 at the earliest.

Who knows if that'll actually happen, but they sent me screenshots of the Vita build so I'm hopeful.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats. Where did you get it from?

I've started to use my aqua blue model. So light. It's the perfect size for a handheld. Would love to get my hands on all 2000 model versions one day

Yahoo Auctions. If you don't want to deal with that you can find it on Solarisjapan as well I think. I agree it feels weird after 1000 but I still like the build.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Was browsing the Switch store when I saw Ambition of the Slimes and was reminded of PSM games. It was such a great idea but handled so poorly. Tucking them away separately and treating it as an inferior store just killed the idea. Maybe I'll boot up some PSM games this weekend and take a stroll down memory lane.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA

I wish I could tell you. I'm not really looking to collect every Vita game under the sun, but I am a lot more gung ho about getting games for it compared to all the other systems I own. I'm even thinking of buying a third Vita just to keep it on standby in case my 1000 and 2000 break/malfunction. I love the damn thing so much.

Is the oled really that much better tan the LCD?

I think the OLED screen looks way better than the LCD one. But as far as actually using the Vita, the 2000 is definitely the better one to use for playing games just because of its lighter weight. The boosted battery life helps a lot. Sleep mode especially is a BEAST.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Juat finished Danganronpa 1

Wow, is a great game, I should try other VNS on the system

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
So I took a gander at Heavy Arm's site and saw a few games that caught my eye. Are all the games with Japanese ratings purely Japanese, or are they Asian English releases?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I started Little Red Lie on Vita and damn. It's fuckin' weird.

Like, I thought I was some scion of pessimism but the dude who wrote this game must have like actual demons squeezing his nuts off. It's so dark and depressing and angry lol.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started Little Red Lie on Vita and damn. It's fuckin' weird.

Like, I thought I was some scion of pessimism but the dude who wrote this game must have like actual demons squeezing his nuts off. It's so dark and depressing and angry lol.
Played Actual Sunlight? That blew me away narrative wise. This one is way better. Im replaying it on Vita. Already finished it on iOS before.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X2
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines

It depends, there are asian releases with english subtitles for all those games, but the japanese releases don't come with english support. Final Fantasy X is available as a physical release in the West.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
It depends, there are asian releases with english subtitles for all those games, but the japanese releases don't come with english support. Final Fantasy X is available as a physical release in the West.

I know about X already, I just like the Asian box art better. It's a cleaner look.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Good news. Still hope we get Assault Gunners too.

Also:

We might get the HTOL#NIQ / Rose in the Twilight game I guess.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Played Actual Sunlight? That blew me away narrative wise. This one is way better. Im replaying it on Vita. Already finished it on iOS before.

Oh right, it's the same guy isn't it? Almost forgot about that. It's cross-buy too, so once I'm done with the Vita ver. I can replay on PS4 for another set of trophies. :p

Good news. Still hope we get Assault Gunners too.

Also:

We might get the HTOL#NIQ / Rose in the Twilight game I guess.

NISA already said they're done with physical Vita. After Penny Punching Princess I think they'll drop Vita for good. They're already super shit at localizing a fraction of their parent companies output, too busy chasing down former XSeed contracts.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
They're having another sale on JP PS Store (two sales, actually), with a lot of Vita versions missing again. I think PS3 versions as well, but I've never taken note.

Usually, when one version is on sale, so are the others. The only exception was the "Vita year end/new year" sale that ended two weeks ago, and that was a specific Vita sale which ran along other sales.

Just to note, none of these are specifically written as "PS4 sale" anymore. Even the SIE Winter Sale (different from the two above) has little-to-no Vita or PS3 versions.

This has been going on for the past 6 (months or more). >_____>

As a digital store, they need a better push than this kind of shit.

Oct 27, 2017
London
I got a nice new Glacier White Vita from Amazon.jp to complement my PS4 today. I have a 32 GB card, got Collar x Malice and Persona 4 Golden on it so far. Any other great titles I should play on it?

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got a nice new Glacier White Vita from Amazon.jp to complement my PS4 today. I have a 32 GB card, got Collar x Malice and Persona 4 Golden on it so far. Any other great titles I should play on it?
Glacier white one is great. Also Miu avatar + glacier white vita =
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
:P

does anyone have the rare AC liberationb vita steelbook?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Wow I'm really happy for Collar X Malice there, I hate otome games, but loved this one.

Also really surprised but at the same time not, that Fate outsold an FF and an established Vita series (danganronpa.) I bought DRV3 on Vita, but no way was I gonna settle for Extella on Vita.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked that God Of War is on the top 10 list. That series is more popular that I give it credit for, I guess. Still, I'm guessing that all of those sales numbers are very low especially compared to the more mainstream devices. Do we know how many copies a Vita game can be expected to move on average?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that God Of War is on the top 10 list. That series is more popular that I give it credit for, I guess. Still, I'm guessing that all of those sales numbers are very low especially compared to the more mainstream devices. Do we know how many copies a Vita game can be expected to move on average?

The Sony and Square Enix titles are only featured because they offer digital sales as well to the NPD and the rest are retail-only data.