• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yellow bandana with ninja claws. Cool idea or no?

• Yeah, seems cool to me

Votes: 556 71.2%
  • No, there should only be the four main turtles.

Votes: 225 28.8%

• Total voters

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So did the IDW Turtles. Well, not quite yet, but soon:
mighty-morphin-power-rangers-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cover--1178771.jpeg

These Turtles also met Batman.

61oHXP%2BuqAL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to check out these comics but it's like $100 for three volumes and there's ten. Comics are expensive.
They go on sale all the time on CMX. Make sure you buy the IDW Collections, not the individual tpbs. They have all the issues and the spin offs, and collect them in the proper reading order. Think I got mine for like $6 a piece last Christmas sale.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Wait...the Turtles and Ghostbusters had a run together? My child self would be dying right now.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute, it's been a bit since I was through the full run. But I'm not sure the utrom gave them the psychological profiles rather they were reincarnated, Splinter and his sons.

The Utrom were definitely fucking around with Shredder though and the source of the mutagen originally and trying to develop exo armor based on turtles.

Can debate on the crazy or notness of reincarnation but otherwise.

They believe it's reincarnation (and from where I stopped they never learned the truth) but after Shredder's death there is a flashback to some panels of the Utrom (Krang and his men I believe) collecting the consciousnesses of Hamato and his boys after their death, talking about how they could be useful in the future since they elicit such a reaction from The Shredder.

Of course it's been years since I've seen this specific moment in the comics so maybe it happened in a different issue, but I vividly remember seeing it.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
They believe it's reincarnation (and from where I stopped they never learned the truth) but after Shredder's death there is a flashback to some panels of the Utrom (Krang and his men I believe) collecting the consciousnesses of Hamato and his boys after their death, talking about how they could be useful in the future since they elicit such a reaction from The Shredder.

Of course it's been years since I've seen this specific moment in the comics so maybe it happened in a different issue, but I vividly remember seeing it.

Now I gotta track down this issue. You know round abouts which one it is?

Edit: God bless the IDW collections. It's Issue #50, they harvest DNA and QNA from the bodies. Though there doesn't seem to have been anything revealed after that about what it is or does exactly. Interesting

Last edited:

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I gotta track down this issue. You know round abouts which one it is?

Edit: God bless the IDW collections. It's Issue #50, they harvest DNA and QNA from the bodies. Though there doesn't seem to have been anything revealed after that about what it is or does exactly. Interesting

I want to say there's another issue about Slash and how he needs the QNA in order to not be all crazy violent I believe. This one is from much earlier on if I'm not mistaken, before slash becomes the eloquent and somewhat composed ninja turtle he is now. It pretty much talks about how QNA gives animal mutants an actual personality, intelligence, judgement, etc.

This could be a different substance, but I'm like 90% sure it was QNA and slash somehow didn't get it during his initial mutification.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh wait the character is based on the 5th female turtle from various past series? Cool if so
Man i ahould carch up by next year @o@

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ninja turtles doesn't get enough credit for yellow not being one of the original colours. blue and red were of course safe picks, but orange and purple were inspired choices. it's obvious why they didn't go with green, but leaving out yellow was a brave move.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The design is pretty cool, to be honest.
To echo a lot of people, I wish she had a painter name, but I understand why she doesn't.

I don't really know why people are upset at the idea though: I'd be very surprised if she ends up a permanent fixture in the team going forward.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Forget the turtle, whats with the dinosaur?

It is a protoceratops that raph meet in the comic version of the Turtles in Time story

ntmBOz2.png

nPuOTiR.png

Oh wait the character is based on the 5th female turtle from various past series? Cool if so
Man i ahould carch up by next year @o@

It is more based on the 5th turtle that one of the main artists of the series created in her fan stories before she became an official tmnt artist.
You can read the comic here

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Best thing that has happened to the TMNT. The samey reboot of the status quo every 4 years is getting stale for me.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to check out these comics but it's like $100 for three volumes and there's ten. Comics are expensive.
She looks amazing!
Am waiting for Comixology to make both Vol.9 and/or 10 on sale to dive back in.
They go on sale all the time on CMX. Make sure you buy the IDW Collections, not the individual tpbs. They have all the issues and the spin offs, and collect them in the proper reading order. Think I got mine for like $6 a piece last Christmas sale.

It's not $6 cheap, but Collections 1-9 are half off at $12.50 on Comixology. You can get them on Amazon too if that's your thing.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was against it on thread title alone initially but after clicking, nope... the design is sick! One of the best ones I've seen in a minute.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
Well crap, now that I know this exists I've gotta have it

Those IDW collections sure are expensive, though :(

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Hey, cool. :) As long as the TMNT brand continues I'm overjoyed.
But, uh...How did they get a female Turtle past Laird? Isn't he sort of vehemently against it and a fifth turtle?

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Her design is pretty dope and this art is looking fuuuuuckin great! Dig their style. Kinetic af.

Adding this one to my list - thanks for the heads up era

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the first time there's been a fifth turtle, right? I remember a light blue masked female turtle before.