• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...cfd62dbb0a8_story.html?utm_term=.7d66afb95772

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladimir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump did so after a meeting with Putin in 2017 in Hamburg that was also attended by then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. U.S. officials learned of Trump's actions when a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought information from the interpreter beyond a readout shared by Tillerson.

The constraints that Trump imposed are part of a broader pattern by the president of shielding his communications with Putin from public scrutiny and preventing even high-ranking officials in his own administration from fully knowing what he has told one of the United States' main adversaries.

As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump's face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.
It continues to be Fuckery O'Clock

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladimir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.
Hiding the details from his own administration.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It is not clear whether Trump has taken notes from interpreters on other occasions, but several officials said they were never able to get a reliable readout of the president's two-hour meeting in Helsinki. Unlike in Hamburg, Trump allowed no Cabinet officials or any aides to be in the room for that conversation.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
The constraints that Trump imposed are part of a broader pattern by the president of shielding his communications with Putin from public scrutiny and preventing even high-ranking officials in his own administration from fully knowing what he has told one of the United States' main adversaries

469.gif

Oh golly gee, I wonder why that would be.

kittenbreath

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and last night's story about the FBI counterintel investigation, it feels like someone is pulling a fire alarm

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe Mueller wouldn't subpoena that interpreter.

Or they're hanging from the ceiling somewhere with a blowtorch and popsicle on their back.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
The Democrats have wanted the interpreter questioned since Helsinki but the GOP refused. Time to get shit done.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
"Vladimir, do you have my pee pee tape?"
"Maybe."

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly I'm surprised there's even an interpreter in these meetings. There's clear evidence of Putin being fluent enough in English and Trump has blatantly done everything in his power to keep them as private as possible

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised that the House and Senate aren't calling on the interpreters to testify and using the article on basis of impeachment. I mean, they tried to impeach a President over lying about a BJ, so actual high crimes and misdemeanors they do nothing.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
Is there even a remote chance that Mueller's report isn't damning at this point? Imagine what we still don't know.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shocking stuff but surely the intelligence agencies are always snooping, even things like this. Would Putin even be stupid enough to play puppeteer in a room with Trump that might be listened in on.

Also, wouldn't it be really easy to communicate through encrypted messaging services?

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
We're at a point where it's not just about Trump being a russian plant, we have to find out how much he's told Putin.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait until this is all over, and I hope the next president sanctions the ever loving shit out of Russia.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017

Not suspicious at all. Not even a little. Nope.

>.>
<.<
>.>

Hey, how about those illegals, huh? 1000s of murders a day! 500 billion a year! #BuildtheWall!