Dec 15, 2017
Germany
You can join our discord and have your own channel (for your own guild) if you don't mind that most our members are German. There are a few other internationals and we sometimes talk in English and it's okay to use English in general. We got 5 guilds, 2 very active and 3 lower ranked ones which are not very active. We can't immediately help with filling the ranks but it would raise the chances in the future when new members join the server or old members want to switch guilds. I also asked a more international guild cluster but haven't heard back. So, it's up to you.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
You can join our discord and have your own channel (for your own guild) if you don't mind that most our members are German. There are a few other internationals and we sometimes talk in English and it's okay to use English in general. We got 5 guilds, 2 very active and 3 lower ranked ones which are not very active. We can't immediately help with filling the ranks but it would raise the chances in the future when new members join the server or old members want to switch guilds. I also asked a more international guild cluster but haven't heard back. So, it's up to you.

Whatever does or does not happen I appreciate the help, thank you!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Here is the poll to decide our new guild name. If I messed anything up.... please let me know, hah. https://strawpoll.com/e7ZJGN5qYy3 I made it so anyone can vote.... so people outside this thread may click the link too. Hopefully, it attracts visitors or something.

RNGesus blessed me today with probably the best luck I've ever had (and will ever have) in this game. Although tbh, my gacha luck for VII events in every gacha game I've played has been great. Must be due to stanning VII since 1997 lol.

Got the vision card on the first step, and picked up Cloud on the second pull with the paid ticket. Only ~1300 vis spent I think? Should have enough for Seph now, and I was planning on skipping him.

As for the guild, maybe we can join another guild group as an affiliate? That way we keep our guild, but join a group of others for sharing strats, or recruiting members, etc. Idk how often guilds do affiliates though, just something I've heard some content creators mention now and then.

Congrats! Glad to see that VII love pays off... just like my love for Xenogears in FFBE! I am not sure about joining an affiliate.

That's also a great idea. Thanks for the help! If you're willing to help us then we should go with this.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to finishing the final Another Story chapter yesterday, since I don't have to hammer raids constantly anymore. All in all I really liked this story. The "cutscenes" are all certainly a little too lengthy, but seeing as how it's the last time we're getting voiced content for a lot of these characters I didn't particularly mind.
The ending was unfortunately super predictable and a little underwhelming. The highlights of this story were absolutely all the flashbacks showing Mont's journey from his Ardra with Kitone and Volke, to meeting Oldoa, and their plotting and world-hopping. I thought that as far as villains in this story go, this was the most compelling group of them we've seen in either the main story or the side story, and they did a really good job of making you empathize with their experiences. I loved all the alternate versions of characters.. especially those we never got enough time with in the main story - Dario and Lynx. On the flipside, the most disappointing part of the story, as is the case with much of the "Another Story" content, is the Warriors of the Crystals. They're just impossible to empathize with seeing as how they're not even human and have never lead human lives(besides Astrius, after the fact). So it's very hard to consider them the protagonists, or even root for them at all, seeing as how we can't even tell if they have free will or not. They're products and tools of a strange and priveleged caste of external interlopers that exist purely to keep the shitty status quo in check. I don't mind any of them in particular, and they're likable enough, I guess. I just don't find them to be compelling heroes. There is nothing at stake for them on a personal level. Good voice acting from all of them though, given some of the cheesy and esoteric dialogue in the script lol

Aaaanyways.. it's just crazy how many voices they had to get for this last chapter - even Jayden who we haven't heard in forever. I'm curious if this chapter in particular, with its massive cast billing and longwinded recording sessions, factored into the decision to kill English VAs. Who knows... but I'm glad they at least finished this part of the side story before ending the localized dialogue. Papenbrook went ****ing ham as evil Mont and I loved every second of it!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Alright it appears the poll is over so we will be going with my choice which was Spira's Aeons! I'll be changing the name in game shortly and posting a notice that we are aiming to recruit more people.

Okay notice is done. Now we just need the discord link in the notice and everything should be good. Unfortunately, Spira's Aeons met the character limit so we will be going with Spira Aeons.

Last edited:

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to finishing the final Another Story chapter yesterday, since I don't have to hammer raids constantly anymore. All in all I really liked this story. The "cutscenes" are all certainly a little too lengthy, but seeing as how it's the last time we're getting voiced content for a lot of these characters I didn't particularly mind.
The ending was unfortunately super predictable and a little underwhelming. The highlights of this story were absolutely all the flashbacks showing Mont's journey from his Ardra with Kitone and Volke, to meeting Oldoa, and their plotting and world-hopping. I thought that as far as villains in this story go, this was the most compelling group of them we've seen in either the main story or the side story, and they did a really good job of making you empathize with their experiences. I loved all the alternate versions of characters.. especially those we never got enough time with in the main story - Dario and Lynx. On the flipside, the most disappointing part of the story, as is the case with much of the "Another Story" content, is the Warriors of the Crystals. They're just impossible to empathize with seeing as how they're not even human and have never lead human lives(besides Astrius, after the fact). So it's very hard to consider them the protagonists, or even root for them at all, seeing as how we can't even tell if they have free will or not. They're products and tools of a strange and priveleged caste of external interlopers that exist purely to keep the shitty status quo in check. I don't mind any of them in particular, and they're likable enough, I guess. I just don't find them to be compelling heroes. There is nothing at stake for them on a personal level. Good voice acting from all of them though, given some of the cheesy and esoteric dialogue in the script lol

Aaaanyways.. it's just crazy how many voices they had to get for this last chapter - even Jayden who we haven't heard in forever. I'm curious if this chapter in particular, with its massive cast billing and longwinded recording sessions, factored into the decision to kill English VAs. Who knows... but I'm glad they at least finished this part of the side story before ending the localized dialogue. Papenbrook went ****ing ham as evil Mont and I loved every second of it!

I kept thinking about how great it would've been if they'd been ballsy enough to turn Mont evil in the main story. It was a better arc than the "goody-goody continually fails upwards" story he's gotten.

Dec 15, 2017
Germany
Here is the link to join our discord:

Tritt dem German WOTV-Discord-Server bei!

Sieh dir die German WOTV-Community auf Discord an – häng mit 114 anderen Mitgliedern ab und freu dich über kostenlose Sprach- und Textchats.

You're all welcome. You can also post it in your guild chat for those who don't visit Era.
We can figure out more details once you have joined. I'm Ramza_VIII over there if you want to ask me anything though the vets will probably be able to help you out more. I'll let them know for now that you are called "Spira Aeons".

Hope to see you guys later.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kept thinking about how great it would've been if they'd been ballsy enough to turn Mont evil in the main story. It was a better arc than the "goody-goody continually fails upwards" story he's gotten.
At this point he's seen enough bullshit(Macleod, noooo) that would make any normal king jaded and broken, but I guess that's offset by his and Macherie's newborn. Would be pretty badass if his character changed like that in the main story, but WotV sadly does not seem to be the sort of game that wants to take any narrative risks...

I was hoping, in true Final Fantasy tradition, Mont would actually attain Godhood in the side story and get a new form for the final battles, something similar in appearance to Innocence in ShB maybe.. even Dialdo got a gnarly-looking second form, and compared to that it was really deserved here. That's part of my gripe with the ending, there was so much build-up and potential(and the incredibly long-winded script for the side story added to this) for the final fight to just be against normal Mont, followed by a quick, predictable resolution. Very disappointing as I mostly enjoyed the ride otherwise.
Alright it appears the poll is over so we will be going with my choice which was Spira's Aeons! I'll be changing the name in game shortly and posting a notice that we are aiming to recruit more people.

Okay notice is done. Now we just need the discord link in the notice and everything should be good. Unfortunately, Spira's Aeons met the character limit so we will be going with Spira Aeons.
Here is the link to join our discord:

Tritt dem German WOTV-Discord-Server bei!

Sieh dir die German WOTV-Community auf Discord an – häng mit 114 anderen Mitgliedern ab und freu dich über kostenlose Sprach- und Textchats.

You're all welcome. You can also post it in your guild chat for those who don't visit Era.
We can figure out more details once you have joined. I'm Ramza_VIII over there if you want to ask me anything though the vets will probably be able to help you out more. I'll let them know for now that you are called "Spira Aeons".

Hope to see you guys later.
Thanks to both of you for setting up the transition!!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
We have our discord corner now. Let's make sure to use it for guild battles and stuff. If anyone has suggestions for other channels then feel free to suggest them!