• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
re rolling is long. Still haven't got Mediena and i'm about to give up after 6 tries. The tutorial is long, re rolling includes restarting the app completely after deleting and reinstalling it zzzzzz I want to enjoy the game but come on.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for this game until I saw the home screen:

91217525_2635279840090531_5263910346019569664_n.jpg

I played the tutorial and I swear the made gacha games more annoying than before with a myriad of useless systems and mechanics. For not to talk it feels like doing chores with all these challenges, daily loggins and all that stuff.

Is a shame, because I find the actual game to be rather interesting.

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
I'm wowed by the production values but overwhelmed by all the systems. Not to mention the lack of FF characters that I like that are available so far (haven't played FF14 enough to care about Y'shtola)

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
fuck sakes SE, just give me this game on PS4, charge $40, remove the MTX and call it Tactics and we're set.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I know nothing of FFBE.

Can I get Agrias/Alma/Gafgarion/Ramza/Delita/Ovelia/Mustadio/Meliadoul/Reis/Orran in this tactics mobile game?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
pDNnf62.png

hey guys did you know you can get big rewards for spending money on 5 different days

(lmao)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
curious how Fina is a unit here if this takes place tons of years before FFBE. Pretty sure she's not even born yet..... like what. I know Mediena story wise is around at this time and Gilgamesh is
veritas of the frost
in FFBE.

edit: 7th re roll now and still nothing good. Why couldn't they have a delete data button!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
The thing about Gacha games for me is always the overwhelming resources and UI. There is often just too much crap going on at any given time.

Oct 27, 2017
Gaia
WUT?! Is having a paid and unpaid versions of the sake currency a new low for Gachas? I was so confused when I couldn't use my visiore for certain summons. Damn...

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
I got SUPER lucky with my tutorial and first couple gem pulls from the pre-reg gifts. Got Mediena, Egelbert, Xiza, and Aileen. Didn't even have to reroll. Definitely locked that account in.

Now I'm just getting super lost in all of these menus and enhancements, but I like the general gameplay. My friend ID is 1235882670 if anyone wants to add me.

Oh, and does anyone know how to change the friend unit? Is that the same as your home unit?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
WUT?! Is having a paid and unpaid versions of the sake currency a new low for Gachas? I was so confused when I couldn't use my visiore for certain summons. Damn...
It has definitely become the new normal in most gachas and it's scummy trash. Last Cloudia had entire banners that you could only pull on with paid currency so I ditched it pretty quick. Pokemon Masters also differentiates between paid and unpaid currency, but in my month or so of playing I've only seen it used for single discounted daily bonus pulls

IMO this entire genre should be illegal. Whether or not it's considered "gambling" it's exploitative, and evil. I watch enough content creators that cover these games that I see first hand how they manipulate the people with enough disposable income to patronize them. I've seen grown men literally sobbing on stream after pulling a unit they are chasing

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It has definitely become the new normal in most gachas and it's scummy trash. Last Cloudia had entire banners that you could only pull on with paid currency so I ditched it pretty quick. Pokemon Masters also differentiates between paid and unpaid currency, but in my month or so of playing I've only seen it used for single discounted daily bonus pulls

IMO this entire genre should be illegal. Whether or not it's considered "gambling" it's exploitative, and evil. I watch enough content creators that cover these games that I see first hand how they manipulate the people with enough disposable income to patronize them. I've seen grown men literally sobbing on stream after pulling a unit they are chasing

To be fair if done "normally" I hope paid and unpaid currency stays the norm in mobile games. Since Fire Emblem Heroes only has one unified currency I'm pretty much locked to play it on iOS forever or I have to spend my orbs till I have exactly 0. And even then, I play many games on my Android phone and iPad alternating and unified currency doesn't allow to take over your currency between OSs at all.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
The prices in the shop are disgusting. I've been playing Knighthood (King / Midoki) lately, and i feel like i really get treated like a king there when I drop $5 or $9. I've only done it twice.

Now I see here we need to spend closer to $15 for enough currency to make a 10-pull, and that's with the one-time discount. C'mon man...

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
The prices in the shop are disgusting. I've been playing Knighthood (King / Midoki) lately, and i feel like i really get treated like a king there when I drop $5 or $9. I've only done it twice.

Now I see here we need to spend closer to $15 for enough currency to make a 10-pull, and that's with the one-time discount. C'mon man...
Sounds like Dragalia. The game was super fun and they give a ton of stuff for "free" most days, but god help you if you want to actually use their "premium" currency. I'm supposed to be excited about paying 20 dollars for a CHANCE to MAYBE get something I want? Get outta here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got my Mediena finally and also my tutorial pull came with two UR's. Sadly no Ayaka but i'm done re rolling. Mediena is all I wanted and from what i'm seeing she's top unit right now anyway. Can finally see if I enjoy this now!

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
This game is frankly awful. Even the tutorials missions for beginner let you win without doing what is asked and event then sometimes you will defeat enemies before doing what they want. Ugly UI filled with garbage with some insane currencies buyable.

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Accidentally linked my account to a trash pull with intentions of rerolling. I can't delete that account linked to my Apple ID correct?

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
So far this is good game-adjacent.

The core gameplay loop itself doesn't even feel suited to a mobile game? Like it mechanically is so similar to FFT it feels like it was made to play on console.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm that reroll guide seems to be wrong that unless you root your phone you need to reinstall to reroll.

I was able to just go into Settings > Apps and Notifications and then clear Storage and Clear Cache to reroll.

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Well after an hour of rerolling got an account with Mediena, Engelbert and Ayaka that should do o.o

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
After re-rolling for a bit, I finally got an account with Mediena in the first multi of the step-up. Since it was a guaranteed UR at the third step, I went and completed the other two steps. It worked out in my favor, getting three UR in the third multi-pull, but one of them was an equip. Those two ended up being Ayaka and Macherie.

I'm not sure how much I'll play the game just yet, since I plated TAC for years before I had to drop it (doe to the grind) and this one is apparently even worse, but I'll give it a try and see if it sticks. Regardless, I'll be completely F2P, since I know how Gumi tends to be...

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say they did a bang up job on the localisation. Great dubbing too. We'll see how long I stick with this game. I got a Ayaka + Horne account but I guess I'll still try to reroll a Mediena + extra.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
so.... is this more generous than the infamous JP version?
heard it's P2W to the extreme

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This game just feels throwing tutorial after tutorial at me. There's so many different kinds of enhancements to do, it's a little overwhelming.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Tried rerolling about 8 times and the only rainbow I saw was a card, not a single rainbow unit so I just uninstalled it. It's irritating that all the normal FFBE content creators are going to be dedicated time to this.
Still very grindy but not as P2W from what I can see so far. A little greedier than I prefer but no VIP system like in JP is a big aspect to note when evaluating it.
Pretty sure this system is still in. It's like Royal points or something. You get very very limited access to it as a f2p player. Am I hearing right that you need dupes of units to power them up too like in FFBE? With the rates in this game, have fun with that. Sorry to be a downer in a thread if people are looking forward to playing this but I can see the future of this one and it's not gonna be fun times

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Is it true that you can only pull on a banner once? Like whats the point of having currency if i can only use it once?

The only banners left for me are the ones i have to pay real money for and even those are 1 time.

There is a featured banner, but it only has 2 UR units and none of them are ones I want.

I can't see myself playing this for more than a week or so due to the 4545045930022435 menus and 3459458928439 amount of different rescources i need to manage

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Played for a little bit today after seeing that it's live. The artwork is really strong and I wish I could just look at all of that whenever I want. 14 missions of tutorials feels like way too much.

There's some cool stuff this game is doing but it all feels bogged down by a lot of the menus. Feels like everything is 1 or 2 extra presses than it should be. Game itself is quite overwhelming with mechanics, but I'm not even referring to the gameplay stuff since that is pretty standard. It's all the crap outside of the gameplay that bothers me.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Me trying to figure out all the menus in this game.

My god just get rid of all the bullshit gacha and make a real FFT square!!

Lunoir

Aug 31, 2019
Massachusetts
Managed to get Mediena & Gilgamesh after a few rerolls. Now I can play the game!! Gacha games are weird, huh?

My biggest concern is the same as with all other cool gacha games that have fun gameplay: will I ever be forced to actually play the game, or is the auto play so good that the fun gameplay might as well not exist? Let's find out!

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, you have to reroll or you are fucked or something? Also I thought we were getting Y'shtola as a freebie? I was too hopeful, I guess

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
So Mediena is good? Got her in the pull I got using the ticket from finishing all the tutorials.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Gotta say this is some of the dumbest autoplay AI I've ever seen. My long range fire nuke sorceress just runs straight up into melee range of enemies to cast her fire spell and rarely retreats even if she's only at like 10 HP.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
tfw a faster auto speed is more or less practically paywalled behind being a vip lol

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
There are way too many moving parts here, why is there about 3 ways to power-up every single thing in game?

Lunoir

Aug 31, 2019
Massachusetts
Gotta say this is some of the dumbest autoplay AI I've ever seen. My long range fire nuke sorceress just runs straight up into melee range of enemies to cast her fire spell and rarely retreats even if she's only at like 10 HP.
This is actually really encouraging for me, haha. I hate mobile RPGs that can just play themselves as optimally as a human could--takes out all incentive to play the game yourself, and at that point it may as well be an idle game. IMO, auto should only be usable for grinding stuff you're way over-leveled for.