• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Yeah I keep saying the wall kept becoming pretty climbable within a day or two, but now after trying the new Dungeon and reaching Falstad (roughly 49 Sigils) as someone who has only purchased with real money the GOAT Arclight Booster, I really doubt this is gonna be a Campaign any F2P can beat within even a month.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I keep saying the wall kept becoming pretty climbable within a day or two, but now after trying the new Dungeon and reaching Falstad (roughly 49 Sigils) as someone who has only purchased with real money the GOAT Arclight Booster, I really doubt this is gonna be a Campaign any F2P can beat within even a month.

Probably will take longer, yeah. Which, also isn't the worst thing since content will not come out at the pace players can consume it.

I find myself enjoying the PVE more than the PVP which is weird for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Got to imagine they will do some type of expansion drops. One new mini is not enough content every month and a half. They're rooted in vanilla, can see a BC outland update in a few months (hopefully) with demon or naga faction and blood elves/draenei.

Expansions are likely but the only content that's setup for the next few months is another dungeon, Scholomance, another zone, Moonglade, and the raid, Molten Core. Plus the extra mini for each season, I think they only showed two new minis.

JasperMyst

Powered by Friendship™
Sep 25, 2023
This game heats up my phone unlike any other.

Even when playing dead by daylight mobile it doesn't get this chaotic.

Playing on an iPhone 12 Pro Max btw.

Optimization is a must and I've heard of similar experiences on Reddit… one expects better from a company known for polished releases.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Expansions are likely but the only content that's setup for the next few months is another dungeon, Scholomance, another zone, Moonglade, and the raid, Molten Core. Plus the extra mini for each season, I think they only showed two new minis.

We definitely won't see Outland until the raid comes out, since it would clash thematically.

But I do think they wouldn't be talking about the expansion...the day after launch, either.

They showed Ragnaros, Fae Dragon, Chimera, and Thaurissan.

My hope is they surprise us with the content cadence, but I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Oct 27, 2017
We definitely won't see Outland until the raid comes out, since it would clash thematically.

But I do think they wouldn't be talking about the expansion...the day after launch, either.

They showed Ragnaros, Fae Dragon, Chimera, and Thaurissan.

My hope is they surprise us with the content cadence, but I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Thaurissan was the one I couldn't think of and of course Ragnaros from the raid.

Cores are used to upgrade units past level 20 but they only mentioned that briefly at BlizzCon. Is there anything substantial that showed the overall unit upgrade path? I've only seen some general tips from articles so far.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Thaurissan was the one I couldn't think of and of course Ragnaros from the raid.

Cores are used to upgrade units past level 20 but they only mentioned that briefly at BlizzCon. Is there anything substantial that showed the overall unit upgrade path? I've only seen some general tips from articles so far.

Like you're asking in general how the system works? I can explain it to you if that's what you mean.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
I'm mincing upgrade systems together. Cores upgrade rarity but XP is capped at level 20. Is there an upgrade path past level 20 or is it simply fixed?

30 is the max mini level.

20 from straight xp.

4 from upgrading rarity. (uncommon rare epic legendary....this is where the rare/epic/legendary cores come into play)

3 from buying each minis talents (1 each)

and 3 from the leader bonuses you get from dungeons.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get to 3k on pvp rating for two heroes, but pvp at 3k+ feels dead. Took 2-3 mins to matchmake against someone who had units 2 levels higher than me (6 extra pve levels). I figure they have to do something about this cliff sooner or later.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Removed an inactive from Resetera 2, if you join, lemme know and I'll prioritize your application. (Filled)

Last edited:

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Managed to get to 3k on pvp rating for two heroes, but pvp at 3k+ feels dead. Took 2-3 mins to matchmake against someone who had units 2 levels higher than me (6 extra pve levels). I figure they have to do something about this cliff sooner or later.

In time people will move up. Low rankings are full of silly cheese builds where everyone trades wins so they all stay in the same spot until they get traits.

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
Eugh, anyone else have issues with their grid/store not updating? I think like half my store rotations don't happen, making it a lot more annoying finding the upgrades I want. I have four minis at 2/3 stars. And five hundred gold. Upgrading them and buying talents would be reeeeally helpful in progressing in both pve and pvp.

The store update at midnight doesn't change the entire grid. It just moves everything down one row at a time.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
I kicked 2 inactive members. Resetera XI has 2 open slots. Sylvanas is already unlocked so you get a free Sylvanas right away. Must do weekly surges to stay in the guild.

TheRizza7

Oct 30, 2017
Hey all! We just had to boot a inactive in Resetera IX, message me if you want in. Everyone seems pretty active so we'd want someone fairly active as well

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
My wall was at around 48 Sigils and now I'm at 50. I think we will be hitting lots of walls from now on. Heroics are hard! This game is a marathonthat can take years. It's not a game to complete in a week.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Bought the Arclight Booster. I didn't realize that was account wide forever.

Managed to finally beat Falstad, currently at 52. I probably need a few more levels as enemies are 11+ and most of mine are still level 10.

Maybe I also should just take a look at Heroic, but my Undead and Alliance are severly lacking.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
It's entirely possible this gets a million times worse in the end-game, but I've been pleasantly surprised by how non-intrusive the monetization seems to be. This is for PvE anyway, I'm sure PvP is a P2W nightmare.

You really only need to get your minis to uncommon rarity, which seems to be fully within the realm of possibility and reason as F2P, and be judicious about buying the best talents and you're basically set. I ended up buying the Arclight Booster since it seems to be the best monetary investment possible and at no point have I felt pressured in the slightest to whale out. This is in stark contrast to my first and only experience with Diablo Immortal where the monetization felt as naked and ugly as possible.

$20 feels like a completely reasonable investment into the game and I don't think I feel like I need to put another dime into the game. I just beat Falstad and basically feel like I'm set to finish the entire campaign so far.

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah people just need to learn to be more creative with their deck before crying P2W. I've seen so many complaints this week about how Deadmines is super difficult even though Sneed is a joke and Living Bomb solos Cookie.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the main campaign (well, aside from Onyxia) and cleared the first two areas on Heroic. This game is so fun. I have no problem spending money on a great mobile game so I've bought a couple bundles, I put $5 a month into Mario Kart Tour for 4 years and don't regret it. I really enjoy checking the subreddit and various other sites to see how the community keeps coming up with new strategies and arguing over which mini is best. I feel like some are really underrated, Meat Wagon with the +2 range talent has come in clutch quite a few times.

I also found this talent spreadsheet if anyone wants some help on which talents are best, there are a lot of guides to help but this is the only one I've seen that actually explains why they chose one talent over another and shows how other picks can be viable.

Last edited:

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Never played clash royale, but at some point they're going to have to increase the level cap in Rumble arent they? So the new zones can continue to get more difficult?

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Between the Vanilla WoW setting and the RTS gameplay, this game is triggering my Warcraft 3 nostalgia hard.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Feels like this OT died pretty fast; anyone still playing this? I play a bit here and there but the load times really kill the ability to quickly pick it up to play a round while waiting for something for 2-3 minutes. That and the occasional crashes that requires a full 2 minutes or more of load screens to get back into a game.

Overall I'd say I still enjoy it but I suspect I'll hit a progression wall soon and will drop it if it is gonna require $$$. It's just not fun enough to make it worth more than the first $20 or whatever it was for the Arclight booster.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Feels like this OT died pretty fast; anyone still playing this? I play a bit here and there but the load times really kill the ability to quickly pick it up to play a round while waiting for something for 2-3 minutes. That and the occasional crashes that requires a full 2 minutes or more of load screens to get back into a game.

Overall I'd say I still enjoy it but I suspect I'll hit a progression wall soon and will drop it if it is gonna require $$$. It's just not fun enough to make it worth more than the first $20 or whatever it was for the Arclight booster.

Every day lol.
They desperately need a patch that cuts into loading times/crashes/bugs.

Beyond that, I'd very much like to know about their content cadence. One mini every 6 weeks will not keep me around. Surprisingly, the PvE content is more engaging than PvP to me too.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I still play, but I'm no longer playing every day. Sometimes I turn it on and it crashes and I just play something else. I wish they were more actively trying to fix the bugs.

I hit a wall and I have a bunch of units upgraded, but I'm never seeing any of the good talents in my shop for them. So I'm kind of just waiting until that happens to really try pushing content again.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I play everyday. I have a newer phone and load times aren't too bad for me. Probably about 25s for initial load in. But I mainly just do my quests and get the free xp every 4 hours. They make non arclights surges days not worth playing. Also our guild just maxed out the warchest.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I haven't logged in for a few days really, don't think there's enough to the game at the moment to get me to log in daily or even really want to play more than once every now and then. Really need to know what their content plan is otherwise i will just forget this game

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
According to a bunch of devs on the Rumble Discord, they're working on content updates for the game beyond what was shown at BlizzCon, but they can't talk about them yet. Thanksgiving also means we're gonna have to wait until Monday for any update or announcements of any kind.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a spot in any resetera guild. Any inactive members that can be let go?

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
Make sure to be doing arclight surges weekly. It helps yourself get gold and helps the guild. Not doing arclight surges shows that you are inactive.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Finally reached 100 sigils to unlock Onyxia's Lair and... yeah I'm not doing this any time soon! Even my highest level team gets shredded in the first 30 seconds. Not sure why they even bother letting you unlock it so early when it has a recommended level of 30.

Now I just gotta wait until Alliance and Horde weeks roll back around so I can do their dungeons and push more heroics. I've been having fun wtih the current dungeon, playing Murk-Eye and getting the buff that makes raptors spawn whenever you put down a Beast mini is nuts.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
God, the second level of blackfathom deeps is kicking my ass consistently. Sometimes I just get absolutely blitzed by gargoyles and air on that stage and my huntress and any other AA i choose can't keep up. Or I might have to try swapping to murkeye so I have more AA units rather than hogger.

I might have to try to have the firehammer throwing with the anti-air talent just for the sake of not having a gargoyle fly up to my base and kill it in a single life.