• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
hersheyfan

hersheyfan

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Ace OT!

Any news if there will be a GOG or other DRM free release? Thinking of getting this for my father (last game he got into was Advanced Wars on the GBA) so not having any account setup required would be perfect.

Thanks! Sadly, no DRM free release announced as of the moment, the official page specifically says Steam... heres hoping they get around to it soon!

Didn't see it in the OP, but afaik the game will have mod support on PC.

I'll add that detail in, thanks for reminding me! =)

hersheyfan Right on, I guess I meant Skirmish mode and map editor. I love the tinker and inventor design behind the Heavensong!
Yeah, it's really unique. Ancient technology mixed with Asian influences, the soundtrack for the Heavensong CO's have a really Japanese sound. I'm also big on Tenri's Groove: being able to transport units long distance is just begging for some creative abuse. =D

One nice touch in the game is that dogs don't die, they just turn around and run away!
Yup! Chucklefish clearly love dogs, which I respect.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Fantastic OT. Would never know it's your first. Can't wait for this to unlock. Going to be an amazing weekend between this and KH3

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I'm hyped for Kingdom Hearts III and all, but this is the most exciting game release of the week. Come on, Friday!

May 4, 2018
I never pre-order games, but it's Advance Wars with a commander dog wearing armor. I'm willing to throw $20 at the idea sight unseen; the execution is a nice bonus.

OP
OP
hersheyfan

hersheyfan

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I never pre-order games, but it's Advance Wars with a commander dog wearing armor. I'm willing to throw $20 at the idea sight unseen; the execution is a nice bonus.

Exactly! Once you have dog wearing armor, you can't lose.

1-fb5i9p4q-YYTNRYMVX7zvbw.png

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Preordered on Switch! I think it's the only game I've preordered in the past 10 years.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
The only thing is missing (or I haven't read about it yet) is General traits. In Advance wars each General have an specialization. One was good with close encounters, other wit air units, other with expensive units... it really changes how you play.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing is missing (or I haven't read about it yet) is General traits. In Advance wars each General have an specialization. One was good with close encounters, other wit air units, other with expensive units... it really changes how you play.
I'm hoping for a total conversion Advance Wars mod. You know it's coming.

OP
OP
hersheyfan

hersheyfan

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Thanks! From 2017: https://www.pcgamer.com/were-making...bitious-branching-narratives-and-mod-support/
I hope it is still true, couldn't find anything on the steam page tho.
Thanks for providing me with the link! I added it to the top of the page, cheers!
As I understand, they wanted to differentiate the COs using their CO powers ("Grooves") this time out without giving them drastic specializations, in order to make the game more balanced. Like, if a certain bunch of COs were dominant on sea-based maps, youd basically be forced to pick them or you'd subject yourself to a massive handicap.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Very much looking forward to this, but I do kind of need some good reviews to push me over the edge. It looks great, but I hope the gameplay holds up as well.

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
Great OT! Now I have to decide weather I get the Switch or PC version. Portability vs mods. Difficult choice...

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for providing me with the link! I added it to the top of the page, cheers!

As I understand, they wanted to differentiate the COs using their CO powers ("Grooves") this time out without giving them drastic specializations, in order to make the game more balanced. Like, if a certain bunch of COs were dominant on sea-based maps, youd basically be forced to pick them or you'd subject yourself to a massive handicap.

Thanks for the clarification. I think it's a good idea once you explained me why they took that decision. I find cool that COs are actual units and the Critical hit system looks great. I can't wait to try this game.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Caesar might be the best unit of all time.

Waiting on reviews tho.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
This game totally flew under my radar until de Nintendo Indies presentation.

Pre-order done!

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Got it pre-loaded. It seemed good enough to me when I played it, and I loved Advance Wars.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
amazing OT

also I don't know how I never knew this but this is a chucklefish game?? that's fucking amazing! this whole time I was just jazzed for a really good looking advance wars style game and now I'm even more jazzed

OP
OP
hersheyfan

hersheyfan