• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
I know the books and cards are made in China etc, though the minis are UK made. Terrain was normally made in China, but with War Cry looks like its moved to the UK. Youtubers have been saying the quality of the plastic from the War Cry terrain matches the minis, rather than feeling 'cheeper' like the normal terrain plastic.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Books and accessories are China AFAIK, the minis are made in the UK. They opened their new factory in December which allowed them to double their plastic injection moulding machines.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Imagine having all this money and not purchasing the rights to all the OOP boardgames that your IPs made famous.

Cries in Death Angel tears ;_;
Yeah, the FFG board/card games were terrific, Games Workshops attempts at "board games" are just "our expensive miniatures but now placed on cardboard pieces".

I really wanted some expansions for Forbidden Stars, plus the early death of the Warhammer Adventure Card Game was really sad. :(

Yeah, the FFG board/card games were terrific, Games Workshops attempts at "board games" are just "our expensive miniatures but now placed on cardboard pieces".

I really wanted some expansions for Forbidden Stars, plus the early death of the Warhammer Adventure Card Game was really sad. :(

Assassinorum: Execution Force was a really good boardgame, was because GW also loves to OOP their own game smh. Also the Warhammer Quest line are good dungeon crawlers.

But Warhammer Adventure Card Game was perfection in a box and a tragedy to see it end.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Aeronautica Imperialis revealed at Gen Con:

Welcome to Aeronautica Imperialis – a new game that brings the high-velocity aerial combat of the 41st Millennium to your tabletop. Designed from the ground up to recreate the sheer speed and tactical tension of skyborne warfare, this new system is compact, fast-paced and fine-tuned – turning every tabletop dogfight into both a thrilling spectacle and a worthy test of wits.

Featuring hex-based movement and only requiring a handful of models to play, Aeronautica Imperialis is ideal for the hobbyist on the go. Regardless of your time or space, you'll find it easy to squeeze in a game – and it's so fun, we reckon you'll take every opportunity to do so, whether you're dogfighting through your lunch break, grabbing a quick game with a clubmate, or playing through epic airborne campaigns in the comfort of your own home.

In Aeronautica Imperialis, you'll be able to unleash your inner wing commander with a brand-new range of intricate and beautiful models. These were designed by the team behind Adeptus Titanicus to recreate icons of the 41st Millennium like the Dakkajet and the Thunderbolt on a compact scale without losing charm or detail. Offering fresh new opportunities for painters and modellers, these multipart plastic models will form the foundations of a new range we'll be supporting for years to come.

Aeronautica Imperialis will be launching with a boxed set that makes starting and learning the game simple, allowing you to dogfight your friends with the Imperial Navy and Orks. It's no one-off, either, and you can look forward to ongoing support and expansions that bring new challenges to the game.

You won't have long to wait until you can take off with Aeronautica Imperialis – we'll be posting the latest news about the game on the Forge World Facebook page.
GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaGame5uhvrgh.jpg

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaImperialPlanes2hvhr.jpg

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaOrkPlanes3ujvr.jpg

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, I hope we get more models (and Adeptus Titanicus gets non-Imperial/Chaos models) so I can use these to represent large scale wars without having to pay my liver for Titan models.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the original Aeronautica but it wasn't hex based like this. Still hoping it's a good game because I'm very tempted by these plastic models so I could use them with the original rules.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Well, these are planes, not spaceships, they do need to fly in an atmosphere. And I believe it's pretty much the original designs only scaled back.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
That Thunderbolt is the old design, except one of those has what looks like double assault cannons instead of quad autocannons. And the Marauders are way too small.

The Fighta Bombas are the same design as the previous ones too, it's the smaller ones that look like they're replacing the old Fightas.

I would have preferred three tiers of aircraft between light, medium, and heavy. For the navy it would be Lightnings, Thunderbolts, and Marauders. For Orks it would be Fighta, Fighta Bomba, and Heavy Bomma.

The Heavy Bomma came late in the life of the original IA but it was such a great sculpt. It had a rear hatch which could be modeled closed, open, or open with Orks dropping Bombs out. They also had limited homing missiles piloted by grots.

Tau had a pretty fleshed out line too, with the superior Forgeworld designs. And now would be the time for Necrons as well. I'd think Monoliths as semi mobile AA platforms would fit just fine.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
We probably will have new Primaris reveals tomorrow. I'm excited ngl.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they're part of a force containing some Sisters!

..I know, I know....but one can dream, right?

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I see 34 Age of Sigmar units have gone Last Chance to Buy today, as in not being reboxed but gone for good. Looks like it's mostly Empire, Elves and Dwarfs stuff.

Wonder how long the mini Marines will stick around with the continued waves of Primaris releases?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I see 34 Age of Sigmar units have gone Last Chance to Buy today, as in not being reboxed but gone for good. Looks like it's mostly Empire, Elves and Dwarfs stuff.

Wonder how long the mini Marines will stick around with the continued waves of Primaris releases?

I wonder if I should hold on to my unopened Ravenwing detachment boxes a little longer or try to offload them now.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
iunno, i don't think you would want that. Probably want sisters to be starring in their big box first and this doesn't seem like a big box release.
I meant just for the reveal that's about to drop. I know it's going to be the new Primaris but sneaking in some new Sisters with them would've been nice 😅

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

Chief Librarian Tigurius:
SMPreOrderPreview-Aug4-Tigurius8qqcjef.jpg

Kor'sarro Khan:
SMPreOrderPreview-Aug4-Khain15juhvf.jpg

Invictor Tactical Warsuit:
MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Invictor2uyjjfeg.jpg

Whereas a Dreadnought serves as a front-line brawler or mobile heavy weapons platform, this lightly armoured walker is often found fighting alongside units from a Vanguard strike force on recon missions.

The Invictor Tactical Warsuit is designed with sound-dampening materials, enabling it to move at great speed with minimal noise output in support of the living pilot's Vanguard brethren. In fact, it can even set up alongside them in concealed deployment! And yes, that totally is a pistolised heavy bolter strapped to its hip!

Impulsor:
MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Impulsor23hgxe.jpg

All of the Primaris Vanguard units that featured in Shadowspear are also set to receive their own kits very soon. Indeed, the mystery of the 'las fusils' mentioned on the Eliminators' Apocalypse datasheet that a few eagle-eyed among you spotted will also be revealed! But what about the cool-looking tank? Well, that'll be the Impulsor. We know that you've been after a dedicated transport for your Primaris Space Marines, and this is the answer! We'll have more on these units over the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
MegBattleReveals-Aug3-PhobosLt20hhcr.jpg

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Eliminators22ugdsw.jpg

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Infiltrators21jhd.jpg

New Codex:
MegBattleReveals-Aug3-CodexSM3uhhvge.jpg

The Space Marines are also set to receive a new codex. Not just any codex, mind, but the best codex we've ever made, a tome worthy of Roboute Guilliman himself! First of all, the datasheets included in the book will be available to all the First Founding Chapters and their successors, so whichever Space Marine Chapter(s) hold your allegiance, you'll be able to use the full spectrum of units available to the Adeptus Astartes – even if you're a Blood Angels, Space Wolves or Dark Angels player!

Chapter-specific Codex supplements:
MegBattleReveals-Aug3-SMSupplements3uihggcejs.jpg

To suggest that an Imperial Fist and a White Scar fight in the same way is nearly heresy – and the new codex and codex supplements really lean into the distinct identities of each Chapter to ensure they work on the tabletop the way they do in the lore. Codex: Space Marines has everything you need to play with an army of gene-enhanced super-soldiers, and each of the supplements offers you additional, Chapter-specific datasheets and thematic rules that emphasise their unique heritage and the genetic legacy of their Primarch.

Shock Assault:
One iconic feature of all Space Marines is the sheer physical brutality with which they tear into the Emperor's foes once combat is joined. To help facilitate this on the tabletop, the universal traits of the Space Marines have been combined into a new catch-all ability called Angels of Death, which incorporates the usual suspects – And They Shall Know No Fear and Bolter Discipline – as well as this cheeky little number…

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-ShockAssault1uhchef.jpg

Cool, huh? And before you ask, yes, as Adeptus Astartes, the Grey Knights and Deathwatch will also receive this updated ability, so if purging Daemons and xenos is your thing, you're still covered! "But what about us?" we hear you (dis)loyal fans of the Traitor Legions cry, "We love hitting things in combat too!" Well, you're right… In fact, you're so right that you're also getting Shock Assault! Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard and Thousand Sons may be 'Heretic' Astartes, but they're still Space Marines and they fight with the same brutal fury of their loyalist kin.

Successor Chapter Tactics:
That's not even all – Codex: Space Marines also has extensive rules for Successor Chapter Tactics to support the creation of your own Chapter of Space Marines. Whether you've always had a particular theme in mind for your Chapter that you'd like to represent on the battlefield, or simply wish to enhance your favoured play style, you can be your own Chapter Master. Simply pick two Successor Tactics from the long list of awesome choices included in the codex and you're good to go!

New Kill Team starter set:

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-KTStarterNew4uhcgerg.jpg

Psychic Awakening:

This one's still a bit of a secret. All we'll say for now is that this is a new, galaxy-spanning event that's going to have a significant impact on every Warhammer 40,000 faction. It looks like the Dark Millennium is getting a whole lot darker!

Last edited:

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
1c9ed3103ddfbaa9a2c15980142ab0ab.jpg

Scars. I will have a supplement dedicated to my White Scars. I'm so fucking happy.

I promise to don't shit on GW for at least 3 years (unless they fuck it up with the rumoured new Blood Bowl edition for next year. There may be blood).

EDIT: Fuck, there'll be a WS sprue at the very least too.

sz9pw8b3lae31.png

Last edited:

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
All of that is awesome. I really like the codex supplements. It'll be cool to see expanded lore for chapters and maybe some new specific character units.

That Psychic Awakening thing sounds like the setup for introducing 40k branded versions of those spell minis for AoS.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I picked up the 8th edition Dark Angels book the other week. Is this presumably going to offer a smaller DA supplement that replaces it in terms of tabletop rules, leaving mine as more of a background book? Not that I mind, I suppose it's inevitable as a constant stream of Primaris units trickle out, and it's why I decided against picking up any new marine models until it's all settled down a bit.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
1c9ed3103ddfbaa9a2c15980142ab0ab.jpg

Scars. I will have a supplement dedicated to my White Scars. I'm so fucking happy.

I promise to don't shit on GW for at least 3 years (unless they fuck it up with the rumoured new Blood Bowl edition for next year. There may be blood).

EDIT: Fuck, there'll be a WS sprue at the very least too.

sz9pw8b3lae31.png
Oh those motherfuckers. Just as I was getting ready to dump my space marines in favour of the new Sisters. God damn it.

GW just dropped a damn megaton here.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the 8th edition Dark Angels book the other week. Is this presumably going to offer a smaller DA supplement that replaces it in terms of tabletop rules, leaving mine as more of a background book? Not that I mind, I suppose it's inevitable as a constant stream of Primaris units trickle out, and it's why I decided against picking up any new marine models until it's all settled down a bit.

probably not. the supplements are probably going to be ultramarines, white scars (confirmed) and most likely imperial fists, iron hands, raven guard, and salamanders.

It looks like the white scars got an upgrade sprue, and hopefully the imperial fist one got reworked (so the fist is facing the right way).

So basically, you would need the codex you have and this new space marines codex.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
probably not. the supplements are probably going to be ultramarines, white scars (confirmed) and most likely imperial fists, iron hands, raven guard, and salamanders.

It looks like the white scars got an upgrade sprue, and hopefully the imperial fist one got reworked (so the fist is facing the right way).

So basically, you would need the codex you have and this new space marines codex.
Yeah I don't think they would invalidate the codices that just got released, probably just add some datacards here and there and some new mentions in the new codex.

That Kor'sarro looks SO GOOD.

Oct 26, 2017
Stuff looks cool....

But as a wolves player, this bothers me a little.
Our Dex was fucked up, it was missing pages, it had loadouts and unique rules forgotten.

We weren't fixed in ca18, we were skipped on big faq.

Our Dex was ready at the start and they delayed it 1.5 years, still broken, to fill a gap later on.

Only Dex worse than ours are the grey knights ( poor guys :( )

Now not even 8 months? Later a new marine Dex comes and just says, hey wolves you can use this to.

I honestly expect the new shock assault rule to not be compatible with bloodclaws charge, wulfen, wulfen aura/stone.

I expect a faq that comes out and singles us out and makes us worse.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

Thanks, much appreciated

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I'm not really into all those new marines designs, especially the vehicles. Tacky AF and beyond absurd in most of the cases.

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
All those primaris tanks have the fly keyword. So does that mean they can just move up to high walkways and the top of buildings etc?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Should have given it a knife rather than a gun.

tumblr_nm7m02tXMI1qd479ro1_r2_500.gif

I kinda like it.

The Impulses though, I know GW wants to push the Primaris as having hovertech for some reason but goddamn do all these hovercraft they keep making look ugly. What's wrong with just having a slightly larger rhino?

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I love the Warsuit, not a fan of the new transport but I dislike the vast majority of Space Marine vehicles (the Predator being the main exception).

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Really like the Enforcer models for Necromunda. I purchased the starter set a while ago. Not got round to finishing painting it yet. Think I will so I can justify getting the Enforcers.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Warsuit, not a fan of the new transport but I dislike the vast majority of Space Marine vehicles (the Predator being the main exception).

I didn't like the original repulsor, but the executioner with the much bigger turret I'd fun on person.

I actually love how they're trying to differentiate Primaris from Chaos marines (with chaos getting all the old legacy technology).

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I will say this, it's a bit funny how even the Imperial Guard at least had more sense of "Nah, gotta put some more plating on that."
d96f00436da0ee0c28d11c4767532fdc.gif

Other than that, I kinda like the new non-dead-Dreadnought Invictor.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
kinda grumps that we don't get a glorious full of head hair with a pony tail.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will say this, it's a bit funny how even the Imperial Guard at least had more sense of "Nah, gotta put some more plating on that."
d96f00436da0ee0c28d11c4767532fdc.gif

Other than that, I kinda like the new non-dead-Dreadnought Invictor.
If we're being fair, the Invictor is closer to the Scout Sentinel in purpose. Which in hindsight is probably where they got part of the idea for it in the first place.

200px-IGSent.gif