Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The Treehouse gameplay has got me even more excited for this. The whole angle of different playable characters looks so good.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Found myself returning to Game & Wario and had a thought. It's one of those games that will likely forever be attached to Wii U because it uses both screens in a variety of ways, but Gold did give us Gamer again so perhaps we could see another mode or two return in Get It Together so its contents aren't completely lost.

Patchwork would work just fine of the Switch (in handheld mode since it is touch heavy):
maxresdefault.jpg

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Where are those switch game deals in the UK 😭

The treehouse made this look super fun, though since Smooth Moves was my only Warioware I'll miss some of the more 3D microgames, if most of this will be side
scrolling. But who knows what weird extra modes there may be?

With the joycons, there's technically nothing that Smooth Moves did that this can't do. I expect to see some motion controls microgames.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised to see people defending this games aesthetic. I love Warioware and I think the older games have a nice charm to them, but this one looks graphically rough. Looks like it could be good fun like the rest, but those characters do not look great.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm. If not a true 4 players mode (4 players playing at the same time), it might be a mode in which you take turns. One team of 2 vs another one. One plays a microgame, then immediately after it's the turn of the other team, something like that. Kind of like how Wario Ware on Gamecube was up to 16 players lol

I'd be perfectly happy with turn-based 4-player. It was a blast on Gamecube. The games come so fast anyway you're barely out of the game for a minute at a time.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Shame about the 3d characters as it definitely loses some charm, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda surprised to see people defending this games aesthetic. I love Warioware and I think the older games have a nice charm to them, but this one looks graphically rough. Looks like it could be good fun like the rest, but those characters do not look great.

It's the same style as Gold.

I think the old style died when D.I.Y and Game & Wario bombed, so they went with something more simplistic so the majority of the budget could be invested on the gameplay and voice acting.

Last edited:

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
With the joycons, there's technically nothing that Smooth Moves did that this can't do. I expect to see some motion controls microgames.
I dunno, it feels Nintendo is kinda of avoiding motion control stuff to not alienate the Switch Lite (see Mario Party Superstars), so even if there are motion control microgames, I don't expect there being many.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
I have honestly no clue what you mean with "those characters". The playable ones or the ones in the background? I unironically love the shoddyness of the background characters. It's a Game developed by Wario for a quick cash grab, it just fits too perfectly. I'm kind with you on the playable characters. I just would've preferred 2D style characters with a style of limited animation, similar to some of the multiplayer modes in the GC version. Maybe even push it further and have little stick-figures, that add to the interchagability of the characters and make them (literally) stick out from the background. Like this, their animation seems a little too smooth for the chaoticness of the characters and the whole franchise.