• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I had this in my day:
hqdefault.jpg

Took off all the extraneous plastic and it was a murder weapon; a child's mother slapped me with her chancleta 3 times because I knocked her kid on his ass so bad lol
I have that. I feel like the heavy from tf2 when i wield it.

OP
OP
TheMan

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me you still have it. My dad ended up throwing mine out. Apparently, they weren't on the market long and were ultimately banned from sale.

Edit* if I remember the name, I'll update. Top of my head? Monster XXL or something like that

I have no idea if he still has it, I havent spoken to him in about a decade at this point. Going through craiglist and facebook marketplace, I don't see any super soakers for sale at all. My guess is that unless the gun was kept new in box, most of the good shit from our glory days (including my buddy's gun) has broken by this point. Those rubber seals don't last forever.

edit: actually searching for "super soaker" instead of "water gun" yielded some slim pickings, but goddamn these things were left out in the summer sun for multiple seasons, lol

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
In the late 2000's they had some cool designs, like this one...

latest

Normal spray at the small nozzle, and a drenching tank-emptying blast if you pull the grey handle at the top.

Vintage-Super-Soaker-Aquashock-Sneak-Attack-Squirt-Water.jpg

This one was pump action, so it sprayed as you pumped, and you could even make it so it fired down (for sneak attacks), to the left or to the right.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
We have these now though:
google.se-quick-fill-magic-bunch-...b2d8159ebc09219940f24726.jpg

A parents dream, no more filling balloons one at a time like in my day.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Local toystore was selling these when I was growing up, had this version only it was blue and yellow with different branding.
PA-PS80013-lg.jpg

Used to leave dents when it hit the target we put on the metal shed. Actually ended up on the evening news because of how
crazy powerful it was.

golem

Oct 25, 2017

Im old enough that my friends had a stack of Entertechs... many a wasp's wings were soaked by them lol

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Had the CPS 2000. It was strong enough to peel paint off a wood bench. Hasbro probably got a ton of complaints about kids getting shot in the eye with these things and the company eventually deemed the legal risk not worth it.

I eventually figured out that a good nozzle head for the ubiquitous garden hose could shoot a permanent jet stream stronger than any super soaker and with further range, and I would water all the plants from across the yard for target practice.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so they've gotten worse now then they were back in the 90's? Why???

I too would have expected ones that could:
Shoot long distances
Hold lots of water
Not require a pump mechanism

This one right here brings back to many memories of waterfights with friends.

We had slip n slides too. remember trying to figure out how to hold the plastic sheet down, using rocks and other things and then flying down it hoping you didn't hit one on the way.

Ugh, or hoping you didn't hit a rock UNDER the plastic. My ribs hurt thinking about it.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really do miss the water gun ads of the late 90s, it was one of the sings that summer had arrived.

Deleted member 33761

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I had the Monster XL and it was so heavy that when I ran I tripped and busted my lip open on my cement step and had to get stitches

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Kids are just getting less and less cool it happens with each generation, have you seem some of the dorkwad 10 year olds running around these days

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Byproduct of Toys R Us dying. Retailers like Wal Mart and Target do not dedicate the square footage for something like water guns, so manufacturers now cut back on assortment. You are starting to see that along all toylines.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
A neighbor hood kid had one of those backpack super soakers. He had endless water but we ran circles around his slow ass. Something like this:

iS_supersoaker_ss300_01.jpg

OP
OP
TheMan

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha! Water guns are better than ever.

BEHOLD THE SPYRA

This is what I'm talking about; innovation in the water gun space is what will drive the economy in the decades to come.

Not actually on sale yet though :/

EDIT: preorder prices are insane, 120 euro for one gun

Last edited:

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Byproduct of Toys R Us dying. Retailers like Wal Mart and Target do not dedicate the square footage for something like water guns, so manufacturers now cut back on assortment. You are starting to see that along all toylines.
Yea I've noticed it. I'm not much of a collector of hot wheels like I used to be but I do still peruse on occasion while at Walmart and the selections are not nearly as good as they used to be at places like TRU. Part of it is Walmart has to have enough space for the current movie toys, like right now it's Toy Story toys. As a consequence the other toy brands suffer from having less retail space, even the LEGO selection isn't that great.

Been curious for some time how the death of Toys R Us impacted the toy companies, it's been about a year so I'm sure the fallout has become somewhat clear.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I had one of those backpack ones that had a gun that filled like a syrenge. Man you would drench people with it and never need to stop to refill.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
All the water gun R&D went into Nerf instead. Shit is going stronger than ever and the designs are nuts.