Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I thought Superman always put on his costume by spinning around like a tornado, though.

Kordovas

Dec 10, 2023
I like the colors and the small designs on the shoulders don't bother me. Now if this Superman is half as friendly as Hoechlin Superman its already better than Man of Steel.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
They are okay but nowhere near better. The Smallville scene is legitimately a great set piece in comic book movies in general. It's Superman's very first fight in his entire life and he's struggling the entire time balancing fighting a battle with rising stakes while saving the people around him (even the ones that were out to kill him too). Disagree it has little substance.
Nah dawg, Man of Steel is top tier superhero action
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm just generally not that high on anything MoS. I think it's a decent film but it doesn't do anything better than any of the James Gunn superhero films so far, including the action. There's a couple cool moments in the action, sure, (Faora for example) but the sequences themselves aren't as good as his films.

I just don't think they have much substance to them, which for me personally is way more important than a couple cool moments in an action set piece. A purpose behind the punch, as they call it.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
shoulder texture looks weird but other than that I like the look. It will probably look better in the movie.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I need a better angle with proper light. I don't hate it but it's not wow'ing me just yet

Looks like if they made Injustice 3

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gunn went for the ''relatable'' rout. its showing Superman putting on his boots like he's about to work all day in the fields right before sunrise, even the dirty worn-out suit and stern body language is showing his ''get shit done before supper'' mentality growing up on a farm.

I see no problem with this picture and people are missing the meaning behind his attitude.
If they want him to be really relatable they show him making the decision of putting on his outside undies after he already got his onesie on.

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I like the look of it including the collar. I was a big fan of the New 52 design. I'm also glad they brought back the trunks. I loved Cavill and Afflecks look as the characters but I'm looking forward to this.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
To everyone saying he is slowly putting on shoes it's like between the fox, marvel and DC speeder's no one knows how superspeed works. Guy still has to put on his shoes like a normal person he just does it super fast.

These movies are fantasy we don't have to see that shit. Only die hard nerds care about that shit

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
This has a very "time to make the donuts" vibe but against a giant alien death ray in the background, which says a lot about this version of Superman. He's not figuring it out, he's been the hero for a while, which makes me excited to see what kind of story they tell.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
I think the collar will grow on people. I remember not liking Pattinson's Batman suit much when it was revealed, which also has a collar, but it was enhanced significantly by how well it looked in the film.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, Gunn has earned the benefit of the doubt regardless of any reservations you might have about his take

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Its weird how its designed to be padded out like he has padding on his knees etc... hes fucking Superman if he were naked there'd be no difference. The Suit is way over designed. Also Turtle neck yuck.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly my main problem is that it looks like a cos play version of the New 52 suit, which I really don't like. Atleast the red undies are there supposedly.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly my main problem is that it looks like a cos play version of the New 52 suit, which I really don't like. Atleast the red undies are there supposedly.

There can not possibly be any way to overstate how much adding trunks to new 52 armor is pure fucking dog shit.

It's either fabric and trunks or no trunks. This looks so stupid.

blazinglazers

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Guess it's on a volume / against an LED wall for the city background, hence the insistence on "in-camera"?

Regardless it's a bizarrely ugly photo.

Gunn is super talented, so this just feels strange.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's on a volume / against an LED wall for the city background, hence the insistence on "in-camera"?

Regardless it's a bizarrely ugly photo.

Gunn is super talented, so this just feels strange.

Yeah it's just a really bad photo. Like it's nothing something I would release if I was in Gunn's position

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna start complaining or start freaking out until I see actual footage.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
discount Cavill vibes but looks good to me. The people saying it's an awful photo prob win hyperbole of the year.

Dec 16, 2017
"This shit again…"

acai5ay3.webp

First promotional shot from Man of Steel for comparison.
The new shot doesn't do anything for me, but I think this first shot of Cavill is worse and I really like Man of Steel.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i never understood the love for cavill. there's christopher reeve, who is superman, then brandon routh, who is really trying to be that superman in a new modern day, and then there's henry cavill who is hopeman in a lot of movies about people punching each other.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Bizarre mix of designs here. It's got the wack N52 collar, the Marvel-style lines, the futuristic Kingdom Come S, but the distinctly retro trunks? The loose fit doesn't help the complete lack of energy here.

When I see Superman getting into costume it's a blur of speed, it's him leaping through the window or out the phone booth. To have him getting his boots on like me at 3:55 AM on a Wednesday is such a weird choice. Especially for a film that's supposed to be the energetic, optimistic Superman.

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
I really hope this is good. I'm a die hard DC fan, but damn I'm burnt out on the movies. I haven't even gotten to Blue Beetle yet.

Ashionok

Nov 7, 2022
I've been finding some of the reactions to this suit a bit strange tbh. People in some circles are accusing James Gunn of apparently lying about the tone and story of this movie just based on this image. I ain't the biggest fan of this suit, but I won't really read too much into the tone and story of this until I see actually moving footage.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Odd. Thought they would be going with something completely different in some way from Henry Cavill since they decided not to use him. Like a much younger or older. Guess they just wanted to make it clear it was a separate continuity? Shame since I thought it was great even if the movies he was in were not.

Ashionok

Nov 7, 2022
Odd. Thought they would be going with something completely different in some way from Henry Cavill since they decided not to use him. Like a much younger or older. Guess they just wanted to make it clear it was a separate continuity? Shame since I thought it was great even if the movies he was in were not.
This is a younger Superman though? unless I'm misunderstanding you.