• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Giant Bombcast/Beastcast, Easy Allies Podcast, Kinda Funny Games Daily, Game Informer Show are in my opinion good general gaming podcasts.

Also shout out to Waypoint. It's mostly good. It still doesn't feel like it has a format though. I never know which hosts will be on, sometimes they go deep on one thing for a whole episode, sometimes it seems like they are being rushed away and it ends abruptly. I also don't like shows that have to skype in people as the conversational tone doesn't seem to work as well.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Your favorite podcast duo both have their own video game podcasts now, albeit separately. Just thought it was worth stating, can't say any more because he is a banned subject on here.

Gooey

Oct 27, 2017
Waypoint Radio is fantastic, one of my favorite podcasts period.

Abnormal Mapping is good too, they do a monthly game club on older stuff.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I won't say any of these are the best...but my gaming subscription list (alphabetical) is as follows:

1) Axe of the Blood God: USgamer's Official RPG Podcast

2) The Game Informer Show

3) Go Nintendo Podcast

4) Nintendo News Report

5) Nintendo Power Cast

6) Nintendo Power Podcast

7) Nintendo Pulse - Switch and 3DS News

8) Nintendo Switch Craft

9) Nintendo Voice Chat

10) Podcast Beyond

11) Retronauts

You can tell it's heavily skewed towards Nintendo content...but all of the above are active, weekly-updated podcasts. My favs out of the list are #'s: 1,3,9,11.

This is a great list. You have fantastic taste, sir.

I'd also add:

GameScoop

Gamexplain Real Talk Podcast

PowerPros

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Your "traditional" games podcasts may have in-depth discussions about the games industry, but they won't have 15 minute tangents about z-tier 90's Marvel super heroes that are inexplicably getting their own movies from Sony.

SuperBestFriendCast wins easily.

Yawnier

Oct 25, 2017
Easy Allies Podcast and Giant Beastcast. I like Back in my Play as well but it doesn't seem to have a regular schedule unfortunately.

Used to listen to the Bombcast religiously but I have a hard time listening to it now, I love Gerstmann but find it's gotten too dry over the last year to two years.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has been proven that the Giant Beastcast is the best podcast in the universe.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I find most general gaming podcasts to be way too whiny, cynical, and/or sarcastic. It's a problem this industry has in general and I avoid the cynicism where I can.

I generally find more specialized gaming podcasts get around this problem, like Back in My Play and Roguelike Radio, since they are in-depth discussions and celebrations of a certain niche rather than being beholden to gaming news at large and recent releases.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the giant beastcast really is lovely

they can tangent with the best of em but all of their gaming tastes are so different and each of them do a good job of going into the games that they're playing so you get a wide variety of stuff

also as personalities they mix really well together

I still love the bombcast as well but that there beastcast has something going on

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bombcast for typically correct info and actual insight on the industry.

Beastcast for entertainment and being the number one podcast in the known universe.

I like Waypoint also, especially their 'Waypoint 101' deep dives on games.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
My favorites currently are :

Waypoint Radio
Player One Podcast
Giant Beastcast
DLC Podcast
Giant Bombcast
8-4 Play Podcast

I should try Easy Allies. Also I used to listen to Gamers with Jobs, but fell off them. Idle Thumbs is also another good one.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
+1 to Easy Allies and the Giant Beastcast.

May be a polarizing choice, but I enjoy Podquisition with Jim Sterling. Be warned, they frequently go very off-topic and Jim has a tendency to harp on the same topics over and over again.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
EZA because moderation. Most gaming podcasts put too much stock in their group chemistry and charm. The EZA team is plenty charming, but Bosman keeps them on track and doesn't let the show go on for too long. Like I love the Giant Bomb crew, but I don't have 3 hours to listen to them talk about Taco Bell yo.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Ive tried every single podcast mentioned so far. The best are:

1) Bombcast (the hate in this thread is SHOCKING), followed by Jeff and Ben's thing
2) Beastcast
3) 8-4 Play
4) Rebel FM
5) Player One Podcast
6) CAGcast
7) Retronauts

I subscribe to like 30 gaming podcasts but those are the ones I listen to every week.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Ive tried every single podcast mentioned so far. The best are:

1) Bombcast (the hate in this thread is SHOCKING), followed by Jeff and Ben's thing
2) Beastcast
3) 8-4 Play
4) Rebel FM
5) Player One Podcast
6) CAGcast
7) Retronauts

I subscribe to like 30 gaming podcasts but those are the ones I listen to every week.
You've listened to Roguelike Radio? What did you think of it? It's one of the most informative IMO.

Nice Deja Vu name/avatar, by the way.

brb

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Easy Allies Podcast and Frame Trap. Ez.

8-4 Play of course as well.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
All I need is the Easy Allies Podcast and Frame Trap.

I like what I've heard from Game Informer as well though.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Frame Trap + Love and Respect by Easy Allies

Kinda Funny Gamecast is okay. Jared is a little off in his own world and doesn't seem to know how to involve others in a genuine way, he just goes on his own tangents for ages. I'm sure he'll improve though, super nice and knowledgeable guy

Giant Bomb... I tried but I am just not into snarkiness

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
EZA because moderation. Most gaming podcasts put too much stock in their group chemistry and charm. The EZA team is plenty charming, but Bosman keeps them on track and doesn't let the show go on for too long. Like I love the Giant Bomb crew, but I don't have 3 hours to listen to them talk about Taco Bell yo.
Agree. I don't like Kinda Funny because there's too much banter in the majority of their content. You can damn near skip the first 10 minutes of anything they do to actually get to the discussion.

I also don't like the majority of gaming podcasts because most of them try too hard to be funny and crack corny jokes instead of actually having a discussion.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
•Super Best Friends soon
swing by the SBFP hangout if you do

we can answer some questions, like what upgrades Woolie would sell out all of humanity for, or why one of the podcast titles was Three Fifths of a Podcast

ObedientImmenseGreatargus-size_restricted.gif

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
This is a great list. You have fantastic taste, sir.

I'd also add:

GameScoop

Gamexplain Real Talk Podcast

PowerPros

Nice, thanks for this. I'll be sure to check them out.

Damn man, how much Nintendo content do you need every week?
Haha. I mean, I subscribe for variety. That doesn't mean I listen to all of them each week. Out of my entire gaming list there, I might catch 4-5 shows a week. Giving OP options about active podcasts.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
On a different note, I'd like to recommend the Dense Pixels podcast. I've tried a few gaming podcasts, but this one I've stucked with.

Oct 27, 2017
Cane and Rise. No cynicism, no hot takes, just good discussion w/ a hint of nostalgia.

I used to love the Bomb and Beastscasts but then it seems like they stopped loving games or only played games in a bubble. Brad is not enough to counter Jeff G and Ben out west and Abby is not enough to counter Alex and Jeff B back east. All that being said, their game of the year podcasts are still the gaming podcast content anyone puts out.

1099 is pretty good also, so is Team GFB when Lang and Co, discuss the specifics of being a dev.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Giant Bombcast feels like Gerstmann rolling solo too often and in desperate need of someone to play off. The absence of Ryan and Vinny has never been more evident.

Beastcast is good most of the time. I have grown tired of the "Is Dan really this naive or is he just playing naive for attention? Let's joke about it for 20 minutes!" (Vinny riffing on Jeff is far more hilarious anyway). But thankfully Alex grounds the team and keeps the topics moving while providing some great perspective on games. Still, I find myself tuning out often and skipping weeks.

EZA and Frame Trap. I always liked both, Frame Trap moreso, but both are solid. I actually haven't kept up in months though...

Player One Podcast. Worth it for Phil. But a really genuinely nice group of classic EGM vets with families and careers still engaged with the hobby they love. And silly voices.

Axe of the Blood God. We need more RPG casts. I wish Kat added a third chair, as it can feel like an echo chamber too often with no real challenging discussion on either host opinions. Still a solid focused podcast on RPG gaming which is to be appreciated.

Cane and Rinse. A very high quality objective discussion on a chosen game per episode. Hard to beat the professionalism, respect, and work put into this production by all hosts. It's really incredible.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- ACG (Karak) International Podcast
- Easy Allies Podcast/FrameTrap
- Colin's new PlayStation Podcast Sacred Symbols
- The Xbox Two Podcast
- What's Good Games with Andrea Rene

Those are the podcasts I watch/listen to. All pretty good in my opinion.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a fairly new listener but The Game Informer Show is probably the best podcast I've listened to in years.

Beastcast is good too, but you kinda have to be in the mood for their shtick.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The Co-Optional Podcast (a great mix of silliness and actual games talk with a great chemistry between the hosts, even after the death of TotalBiscuit)
Giant Bombcast (always fun to listen to Jeff, Brad and the crew. There sometimes is too much fluff, but it's still damn entertaining)

Sounds like I need some Giant Bomb Premium, huh? Never listened to the Beastcast.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beastcast is one of my favorite podcasts overall. Not sure it's the best place for finding structure or specifics segments though. You won't get absolutely positively every piece of latest gaming news or reviews/opinions on every latest game out there. They do their own thing.

I find Easy Allies really sterile and dull though. But I'm in the minority on that. You might actually like it if you like strictly scheduled podcasts that have some structure to it and don't veer too far off videogames.

Bombcast and What's Good Games are also good. Those are pretty much the ones I listen to weekly.

Last edited: