• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Waypoint Radio
8-4 Play
The Computer Game Show

Tried getting into Bombcast again but there's far too much tedious junk food talk still (what is it with the whole of Giant Bomb's obsession with that?)

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Super best friendcast but start from the beginning even if it takes quite a few podcasts to really get going. You'll need that time as you can properly adjust to the fact that one of the guys (Pat) is insane.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always stanning for HG101's podcast: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/category/podcasts/

Not the best recording, but these dude know their gaming chops and each episode they discuss a couple of games you'd expect HG101 to cover and rank them on their big list. Pretty insightful overall especially if you are familiar with the games being discussed, and there is a great variety of games covered so far.

Quasicat

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Here's what I listen to each week, my favorites are at the top

Giant Bombcast

Bombcast Aftermath

Giant Beastcast

CAGcast

Nintendo Voice Chat

Podcast Unlocked

Game Scoop

IGN Unfiltered

Back in My Play

Player One Podcast

Podcast Beyond

Major Nelson

Nintendo Power

PlayStation Blogcast

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought I subscribed to.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just Bombcast now. Used to have all KF podcasts subscribed to but Jared Petty is unbearable and does not fit well with the other hosts.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
The Easy Allies podcast is fantastic for news.

Easy Allies' Frame trap is great for what the hosts have been playing (but is longer than the Beastcast)

The Game Informer Show is a great show, with a lot of different people on each week depending on the area of expertise required. (Normally around 2 hours).

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Just Bombcast now. Used to have all KF podcasts subscribed to but Jared Petty is unbearable and does not fit well with the other hosts.

He's best solo.

Gamescoop is one of the only podcasts I still listen to. It's managed to stay good for the last 10 years. Unlike so many others I can think of.

It's because Daemon Hatfield is a great, knowledgeable host who knows how to run a show and keep everyone on topic. 20 questions is also my favorite game to play along with.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Beastcast, followed by Bombcast. I prefer the personalities and chemistry of the east coast staff (+ Bakalar) to the west coast.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Since you said your liking easy allies I would also suggest you check out there other podcast called "frame trap" it's much longer (which you dont seem to like) but they do deep dives into the viddsogames they are currently playing AND it has really good timestamps so it's very easy to skip around if you dont wanna here them talk about a certain game.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got some good recommendations. Thanks everyone for your 2 cents.

I have a question though. Is Idle Thumbs Network done? I know they're going to be busy as heck transitioning to Bellevue, WA but it's been a couple of months now and I'm starting to worry. Have they said word one about what their plans for the future are? I haven't been able to find anything.

Hrs10

Jan 17, 2018
Portugal
I used to only listen to the 8-4 podcast, but the 2 week gap was too much for me.

Now I listen to them, and also both Beastcast and Bombcast.

For me, the best is the Beastcast.

So good in fact, that Vinnie actually led me to go out and buy / play The Division. Worth it.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Easy Allies Podcast - for discussion on the week's headlines

Frame Trap - for more in-depth analyses on current or older games

If you don't like this group of people (I find it hard), you can always go with the Bombcast and the Beastcast. But I think Easy Allies divided their content very nicely, without redundancy.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Giant Bomb is fantastic. Yes it is a bit more low-key now but they still bring the humour and insight.

You know, I have never listened to the Beast Cast. I should give them a go this week.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
Super Best Friendcast is my current favorite, followed closely by Easy Allies.

I used to be a huge fan of the Beastcast, but Abby is such a downer that it's tough for me to listen now. Anytime anyone shows enthusiasm for a game that she doesn't care for (which happens a lot), she loudly interjects her distaste and puts the person in a position where they need to "defend" their enjoyment. It's a small thing, but it bugs the shit out of me and I stopped listening because it happened so much.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Giant Bomb is fantastic. Yes it is a bit more low-key now but they still bring the humour and insight.

You know, I have never listened to the Beast Cast. I should give them a go this week.

I love both but I began looking forward to the beastcast more, it's a nice way to start the weekend too. They're playing it more loose than then Bombcast and have more fun stories and discussions, sometimes about games or off-topic. Feels more like a bunch of friends talking about games than the more news-y vibe the bombcast has.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super Best Friendcast is my current favorite, followed closely by Easy Allies.

I used to be a huge fan of the Beastcast, but Abby is such a downer that it's tough for me to listen now. Anytime anyone shows enthusiasm for a game that she doesn't care for (which happens a lot), she loudly interjects her distaste and puts the person in a position where they need to "defend" their enjoyment. It's a small thing, but it bugs the shit out of me and I stopped listening because it happened so much.

I haven't listened to the Beastcast in awhile, but what you're describing is the main problem I have with the Bombcast, since Jeff does it all the time. Anytime anyone mentions Street Fighter V for any reason, I know I'm going to need to skip ahead ten minutes.

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
I used to love Nintendo Voice Chat, but I stopped listening after Jose left... it just isn't as good.
These days I only listen to Kotaku Splitscreen, but I guess I'll try Super Best Friendcast after all these recomendations

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I love both but I began looking forward to the beastcast more, it's a nice way to start the weekend too. They're playing it more loose than then Bombcast and have more fun stories and discussions, sometimes about games or off-topic. Feels more like a bunch of friends talking about games than the more news-y vibe the bombcast has.

Sounds like the Bombcast Pre-Ryan's Death or even when Dan was there.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda Funny Games Daily is awesome. The best gaming news podcast, no question. Such a great variety of personalities. And it's daily!

Easy Allies Podcast is fantastic as well. Just the right amount of nerdiness and provides a ton of laughs.

What's Good Games Podcast
is also excellent. It's nice to hear some varied perspectives from an all-female cast, and they're often hilarious.

Kinda Funny Gamescast is pretty good. Not as good as it used to be now that KFGD exists, but still worth the listen.

Frame Trap is good if you are down with a really long podcast that pretty much equates to friends hanging out in a room talking about the games they've been playing.

Waypoint Radio is great if you're looking for a more politically/socially charged podcast, but it's still light & funny enough to be very entertaining as well.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Chiming in for Giant Beastcast - cast is terrific and they really have a lot of chemistry with each other. Ton of fun to listen to.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017

It's really gone downhill the past few years. Pales in comparison to the Beastcast, which is fun and informative.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
It is definitely Beastcast. I don't always finish BC so it don't matter much I think but usually it's no more than 2 hours.

SBFC is just a bunch of friends talking crap, I'm not much into it tbh.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Super best friends, they seem to be the only dudes into stuff that I like.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I would recommend a few gaming podcasts:
DLC
Frame Trap (from Easyallies)
Gamertag Radio
Kotaku Splitscreen
Game Informer Show
Waypoint radio
SIFTD Gameface (my favorite, its all about gaming news and opinions, great discussions)

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Easy Allies, when Damiani isn't falling asleep at the desk.

Seriously though, EA podcast is all I need. Although I do pine for the days of Greg/Colin/Goldfarb-era Beyond.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Vidjagame Apocalypse is the only one I listen to, more goofy than serious discussion, but it's really entertaining. Partly just because I've been listening to some of those guys for a decade though. Used to listen to the GB GOTY podcasts but they just got too long-winded for me. Maybe I'll check out Easy Allies, seems like everyone here likes it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The Beastcast is the only one I listen to semi-regularly.

That is just such a great collection of personalities. I think any podcast would work with someone as awesome (and weird) as Dan Ryckert and Vinnie on it.

Would love to see more of Dan and Jeff too. Jeff getting angry at Dan never gets old.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Both GB and GBeast are great.

retronauts is great if you like older games, or simply want to learn more about games from the past. Jeremy's been doing some great stuff with his NC crew exploring retro game stuff that's not brought up as frequently. plus most of the episodes are relatively evergreen so you can go back and listen to them throughout the years.

player one podcast is pretty fun. I've been listening to them on and off over a decade now. sometimes I skip out on it for a few weeks, but its always nice to come back to.

lasertime's vidja game apocalypse is pretty solid. the top 5s can be kind of fun. its a good one to listen to on Friday afternoon when I'm cleaning my place.

I just realized those are really the only game podcast I still listen to.

Clix

Banned
Player One Podcast is the best. It's funny, with people who have been in the industry for a long time and without the bullshit pretentiousness of Waypoint or self importance cult of Giant Bombs.

Also, Retronauts because Parish is a fantastic speaker and historian. Axe of The Blood God for Kat and Nadia's amazing rpg talks. And Back in My Play for the heavily focused and enthusiasm of Kevin Larrabee and his guests.

8-4 Play is great despite Mark being too much sometimes.