• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say I loved it, but I enjoyed ET. I was a little kid at the time and just didn't have my expectations set high enough.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
lol you guys going to burn through all gaming threads before the month ends.

Friday the 13th the cabin music made it awesome for me.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glider Rider on a friend's Amstrad CPC.

Still the Goat.

glider_rider.png

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Deathtrap Dungeon.
I don't know...i loved the game when i was a kid but recently I watched a walkthrough of it, and man does it look awful!
I still think it would be nice to have a new game in the same universe, but with the Souls formula.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Not one of my favorite games, but I had fun with Quest 64, which is regarded as one of the worst RPGs ever.

Also from that era, I really liked Fighter's Destiny and Flying Dragon, both for N64. I don't think they're considered "bad" but didn't make much impact in the fighting genre.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

No i never got the comic book. :(

I liked this game because i really loved those miniatures MM sets as a kid. Yet, i never watched the show itself.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
latest

I had an Xbox and we didnt get any of the good dbz games so when this one came out i played it over and over.
I had my gripes with it but i enjoyed it. looking at some footage a while back and realized how trash the game was lmfaoo

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
TYAwD8Y.jpg

Loved the Friday the 13th movies so I banged my head against this bastard for far longer than is rational.

...I still play it sometimes.

Every time I see this cover art I get a wierd disconnect between the NES game and the movie (that is part 7 Jason on the cover). I can watch that movie and it doesn't seem very dated, but the game...

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be Weird Dreams, from Rainbird, for me:
sudH9.jpg

the game is really weird, the play-through is 15 minutes long, but i spent days and days on it... perhaps because of the ballerina with nutcracker excerpt... if you have the patience:

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
srs_xboxbox-us-rpmcseb.jpg

My brother and I loved the game even though handling was junk and the presentation was B grade. Online was pretty good. Car customization was fun and the... erhmm.. unlockables were quite something for a T rated game.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
Running Battle on the Master System. It's a glitch fest. Me and my friends literally laughed our ass off with that game.

Oct 28, 2017
Star War Episode One: The Phantom Menace on PS1. We would put in the invincibility and level skip cheats and murder every townsperson in Mos Espa, all the while mocking their death squeals.

In retrospect, children are psychopaths.
Absolutely loved this game. Beat it the day it came out. Played it all day. Replayed it so many times.

I dare not play it again all these years later...

Squidofman

Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The awful TMNT game on NES/C64. I asked for a Ninja Turtles game for xmas expecting the Konami brawler, and what I got was...endless death and frustration. But it was my main xmas gift that year, so I just forced myself to enjoy it in a way that only a kid can.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Probably Spider-Man & the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge for the game boy.
It just blew my mind that they were in the same game together. I never managed to beat it but I played it for hours on end. It's garbage.

Also, the Blues Brothers game by Titus on pc. What a piece of shit game but I loved the film and I thought it was a really fun platformer back then. I tried to replay it recently and... Oh boy, it's terrible.

Edit:
Oh, our posts are highlighted now. This forum keeps getting better and better.

Oct 28, 2017
The Spiderman 2 movie game...on PC. Played through it again this year and it's just awful.
But as a kid it didn't matter as long as it was about spiderman and I also kinda learned the wasd+mouse control scheme with that game.

Morthbound

Oct 26, 2017
Jimmy Neutron for the GameCube. Maybe I was just a dumb kid but I remember a huge difficulty spike near the end.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
From the era when I briefly owned SNES. Love them both but they just weren't on a par with other classics.

images
King_Arthurs_World.jpg

Gram

Oct 27, 2017
Zurich
gameboy-gluecksrad-wheel-of-fortune.jpg

I poured so many hours of my childhood into that game, that I could probably spell you all the wheel puzzles. The Castlevania Adventure is also worth mentioning, just like TMNT for the NES.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
i always get a lot of heat for this, but i used to play a lot of Superman 64 and i would manage to get to the last level.
The hoops get easy with a LOT of practice.

gesicht

Oct 25, 2017
From the era when I briefly owned SNES. Love them both but they just weren't on a par with other classics.

images
King_Arthurs_World.jpg

I don't know about the SNES conversion but Gods was developed by the Bitmap Brothers whose work is generally well regarded.

Anyway, here's a stinker played lots of (also, its stinky sequels!):
220px-Bart_vs._The_Space_Mutants_cover.jpg

Marjorine

Oct 27, 2017
I played the hell out of the original, garbage Atari 2600 Pac Man. That game was putrid. I also played ET repeatedly, thinking I was missing something. I wasn't. It sucked.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna say Boogerman but...was Boogerman a bad game?

It had a freaking designated button to just say "Booger!"

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Another for Mission Impossible 64 here, and also Fighting Force 64, Body Harvest and Pokemon Stadium without the transfer pack.

I had the majority of the must-play N64 games throughout it's lifespan and it saddens me that I devoted a months of my life to janky shit like the above when I could have been playing more OoT, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark etc.

Also played the crap out of Simpsons Wrestling and A Bug's Life on the PS1 when I could have been playing MGS or Abe's Oddysee.