Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Franky the Frankenstien

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
91930_front.jpg

This is a real game. 3 random characters who have no connection to each other star in a puzzle game that's title is slang for being drunk. Like it's not indie or steam levels of strange, but the combination of characters just feels weird in a way I can't explain. The game's apparently shite (surprise, surprise) but it made me wonder about what other strange crossovers are.

But I mean inter-game crossovers. Yes, Fortnite is a thing, but that's really a entertainment crossover at this point and i'm also not counting Smash, because... well it's Smash. It's a known quantity.

(Why we don't have a "Weekend Era" tag on gaming side, anyway?)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
DniVl8D.jpg

Bad Box Art Megaman in Street Fighter x Tekken

6Xzh1mJ.jpg

Dreammix TV World Fighters featuring Optimus Prime and Solid Snake

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Negan in Tekken was always weird. His character doesn't really fit? He feels like more of a MK crossover to me. Also the Star Wars characters in SC was just strange.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
DniVl8D.jpg

Bad Box Art Megaman in Street Fighter x Tekken

Even stranger, Cole McGrath from Sucker Punch's inFamous was in the PlayStation 3 version.

maxresdefault.jpg

Like... what the fuck does he have to do with anything that's happening here? Same goes for Toro and Kuro, Sony's sort-of Japanese PlayStation mascots

D6-UTecUwAUL_Aa.jpg:large

I would've thought it was a cross promotional thing with PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, since it came out later in the same year, and also featured Toro and Cole. But that game didn't have anything Street Fighter, and only DmC Dante as a Capcom rep.

I think the game got a little lost in what it was crossing over.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisofts original IP somehow got the interest of Nintendo for a collab
latest

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Batman and Spiderman showing up as enemy bosses in Revenge of Shinobi, although I think Sega removed them in later cart revisions because they didn't actually have the rights

Dev

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fake edit: I read you wanted inter-game crossovers just before posting but I already put this post together and I'm sure people will still appreciate it.

THPS 2 has a crossover with a K-Pop group.

PA.04318.001.jpg

THPS 2 Korean Release
In the South Korean version (as well as other Asian versions not released in Japan), members of the South Korean pop band FIN.K.L. were featured as playable skaters. Lee Hyo Ri, Ock Joo Hyun, Lee Jin and Sung Yu Ri are playable skaters, and 8 additional songs from FIN.K.L. were included into the main soundtrack on top of the original 15 songs. The FIN.K.L logo was also added to certain objects, if the player skated as one of the members.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
WTF I never even heard of Project XZone let alone a sequel.

How the fuck did I miss that time period.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Fake edit: I read you wanted inter-game crossovers just before posting but I already put this post together and I'm sure people will still appreciate it.

THPS 2 has a crossover with a K-Pop group.

PA.04318.001.jpg

THPS 2 Korean Release

Wow, never heard of this.

I was almost going to post THPS3, that was one of the earliest games I played with some absolutely fucked up secret characters:

Wolverine and Darth Maul were absolutely mind blowing as a kid.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Ubisofts original IP somehow got the interest of Nintendo for a collab
latest
What is impressive to me is that this went just more than just having some additional characters to play at. They had additional dialogue tieing each others mission together and even the FMV cutscenes were changed and extended to include these characters. They really went the extra mile here.

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
King of Fighters AllStar... The mobile game..

It has characters from Street Fighter, Soul Calibur.. Samurai Shodown, WWE, DoA and Guilty Gear at some point

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, never heard of this.

I was almost going to post THPS3, that was one of the earliest games I played with some absolutely fucked up secret characters:

Wolverine and Darth Maul were absolutely mind blowing as a kid.

Couldn't you unlock spiderman as well, or am I confusing the entries?

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
There is like a crossover fighting game of popular indie games' main characters that always seemed so strange to me.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, that's kinda sick!

Even stranger, Cole McGrath from Sucker Punch's inFamous was in the PlayStation 3 version.

maxresdefault.jpg

Like... what the fuck does he have to do with anything that's happening here? Same goes for Toro and Kuro, Sony's sort-of Japanese PlayStation mascots

D6-UTecUwAUL_Aa.jpg:large

I would've thought it was a cross promotional thing with PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, since it came out later in the same year, and also featured Toro and Cole. But that game didn't have anything Street Fighter, and only DmC Dante as a Capcom rep.

I think the game got a little lost in what it was crossing over.
Yeah, Street Fighter X Tekken was doing waaaaay too much that it just sort of lost its way before it even came out. They should haven't stopped at Mega Man and Pac-Man and left out the Sony characters. And also made Mega Man and Pac-Man not Playstation-exclusive. (It was bullshit anyway because they were in the code of the Xbox version and playable!)

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph both ending up in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed is still so odd to me.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These games are incredible

y6jubln0zdo21.png
Nintendo should have allowed more of their characters in this series. The game itself isn't my cup of tea, but I love seeing screenshots and clips of it.

I know Smash exists as a catch-all video game cross-over fighting game, but I always wanted a comprehensive Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Capcom vs. Namco fighting game of some kind. Just a childhood dream of mine. It's exactly why Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all being in Smash was the greatest gaming moment for me.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
To me Namco does the most out-of-left field ones (Star Wars/2B in SC, Neegan/Noctis in Tekken).

I know it's just to capitalize on cross-promotion while the iron's hot, but those examples are the ones with the least brand synergy to me.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Assassin's Creed: Origins and Final Fantasy XV will always be the best and weirdest for me. Totally used that sword though for most of the game.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

PowerWash Simulator is getting Warhammer 40,000 DLC later this year News

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1661779386306113557?t=eCTIgHa1h1UxxXGoSIgTng&s=19

www.resetera.com

PowerWash Simulator's Back to the Future Special Pack DLC is out now Square Enix

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1725166850114265361 I'm excited to play this tonight after work.

www.resetera.com

SpongeBob SquarePants Special Pack DLC for PowerWash Simulator will be out June 29 News - Square Enix

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1668675685294940163?t=GkrzpIy3gvcmKJKEC8F-fg&s=19 $7.99 6 maps 10 new achievements and trophies Maps:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
These three for sure
HwQW0j5.png

BMrP0R5.png
zKPizVF.png
You actually missed two.

PYNUuQ6.jpeg

8x89GTu.jpeg

They're Super Robot Wars spinoffs, but they're developed by Monolith Soft and directed/written by the same guy as Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone, who was originally a major writer on the Super Robot Wars series. Effectively they're the second and third Namco X Capcom games, with Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2 being the fourth and fifth.

Reiji and Xiaomu the main characters of Namco X Capcom, appear as party members here. Saya, the villain, appears as a boss in the first game and a support character in the second. KOS-MOS and T-ELOS from Xenosaga also appear. The first game has playable characters who are only really quietly connected to Super Robot Wars by story and design motifs, while EXCEED adds the Original Generation version of a few characters to the party, as well as Mark Hunter from the Compatiheroes game Gaia Saver.

Later Haken and Kaguya from this game would appear in Project X Zone, and Haken would also appear in Super Robot Wars Moon Dwellers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIcrO5L3aw

Funny enough, it's not the first Namco strategy RPG crossover inspired by Super Robot Wars, though. There was an unrelated earlier one on the Wonderswan called Namco Super Wars:

S32nzWg.jpeg

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
You actually missed two.

PYNUuQ6.jpeg

8x89GTu.jpeg

They're Super Robot Wars spinoffs, but they're developed by Monolith Soft and directed/written by the same guy as Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone, who was originally a major writer on the Super Robot Wars series. Effectively they're the second and third Namco X Capcom games, with Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2 being the fourth and fifth.

Reiji and Xiaomu the main characters of Namco X Capcom, appear as party members here. Saya, the villain, appears as a boss in the first game and a support character in the second. KOS-MOS and T-ELOS from Xenosaga also appear.

Later Haken and Kaguya from this game would appear in Project X Zone, and Haken would also appear in Super Robot Wars Moon Dwellers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIcrO5L3aw

Funny enough, it's not the first Namco strategy RPG crossover inspired by Super Robot Wars, though. There was an unrelated earlier one on the Wonderswan called Namco Super Wars:

S32nzWg.jpeg

Oh that's rad! I'd not heard of these ones. Thanks for the heads up!