• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 8 - Will FINALLY finish the story of the game. The side content/completion lists though? Well that's gonna take longer lol.

Pacific Drive - As much as I think Im enjoying parts of the game, some of the grindy stuff kinda hurts it. Ill probably just rush to the end of the story and be done with it.

Turtles 3 (DS) - Im really enjoying this one for the most part. Sadly the touch screen mini games really bring things down. The game would be better without them. But it feels better to play than the second GBA game which didnt really click with me.

Densha De GO! (PSP) - The Osaka line specifically, Im loving this game lol. Just something about the gameplay loop feels sooooooooo good to me. Definitely gonna pump more time into perfecting my runs over the weekend.

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 ver.)

Almost done, just have to do the Deep Dungeon and then it's on to beat the game. Haven't played in years since the PSP port and I do not remember the game being this short; I said the same thing about FF7OG and Castlevania SOTN these PS1 games are just breezy in terms of pacing. I discovered The Lions War Mod this week so I'll definitely be playing that on a future playthrough but I want to do another WOTL run before I get to that.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Persona 3: Reload and Final Fantasy XIV.

I was going to wait for Dawntrail to get back to XIV but the XVI event pulled me in and now I'm stuck here.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Continuing to have a super fun and relaxing time exploring this game's world, which is just kinda magical to explore

I'm curious about picking this up, seems like it's fairly divisive still?

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Killer7 and Indika. I started FFX as well but I really dislike the gameplay. I'm not sure I'll continue

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Just finished Armored Core VI - marvellous game.
Going to play, if I find the time, Shadow Gambit. It's a shame that Mimimi closed :(

Oct 29, 2017
I recently booted up Battlefield 2042 again and having a ton of fun with it, so more of that.

Also:
- Overwatch 2
- The Finals
- Stellar Blade

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about picking this up, seems like it's fairly divisive still?
It's a super interesting game that for sure would not be everyone's cup of tea, but as someone who
  • really enjoys exploring virtual spaces that are geographically interesting and very vertical
  • likes when a game (especially an open world game) is not just asking you to follow waypoints, but actually tells you things like "find X which is northwest of Y" and then you have to actually find something yourself
  • is self-motivated just to explore the world for the sake of seeing the world and also building up my character
  • really puts a premium on visuals and music
  • enjoys stealth games where you sneak into dense "fort" areas with lots of paths to sneak around and accomplish your objectives
  • has some major fondness for the films (well, The Way of Water, at least)
I've been super enjoying the last couple nights of sitting down for a few hours a night and messing around in this game. I actually finally just did the mission where you get the flying mount and it was ~spectacular~

Nov 14, 2021
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. Hopefully I'll wrap up the third case.

Maybe more of Psychonauts (1). Maybe more of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (the jobs system is finally clicking with me, and opening up the gameplay a lot more).

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
FFXIV, still gotta do the MSQ
And maybe some FF7 Remake, Patrick's Parabox....though tbh I'm more interested in catching up on shows than video games this weekend.

Marengo

Shinra Employee Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 28, 2017
Finishing off RE4, might pick up Lies of P since PSN has it on sale

GrendelKhan

Aug 1, 2018
Got a lot on my plate.

La-Mulana (Switch) - After getting stuck and revisiting all the same places multiple times, I finally broke down and looked at a hints guide. Found 2 things I swore I had already tried and was pissed that was the solution. Making good progress by myself again now though.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS) - After some more challenging games recently, this is a great change of pace. Not really a turn based fan, so I love the active part of this series. This game looks amazing on a new 3DS XL.

Picross 3D Round 2 (3DS) - Damn this game has a lot of content. Still chipping away at puzzles.

... and if I'm feeling masochistic might try and beat more C-Sides in Celeste (Switch).

Jan 23, 2022
I'll be playing Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. I really like this game so far. Dare I say it's one of the best jrpgs I ever played? Hmm.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've just started Fallout 4 and I'm excited to progress. I have never played the series before, never attracted me.

Jarlaxle

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hoping to find some time to play more Baldur's Gate III. I plan on making my first foray into the Underdark. I'm ready to move towards Act II now I think.

Dodger

May 30, 2020
Dragons Dogma 2. Getting close to the platinum I think but probably won't have it by the end of the weekend

Rixam

Jan 2, 2023
Just finished Rebirth so I'll either play a short palette cleanser game like Rift Apart, or I'll start Death Stranding since the sequel is only a year out

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Trepang2 - tutorial was a slow and the finale of the first level felt ridiculously easy on Normal, but did a combat sim on Hard and may restart. The combat was fluid and explosive, quite fun! Only complaint is like…i can't fire my gun if I'm too close to an object? I slid past an enemy and couldn't shoot its knee and point blank. Got up, couldn't shoot it at point blank. I thought the game was glitching out till I walked directly up to it and couldn't shoot it at all from any direction point blank. Weird decision and momentum killer.

Grimrock 2 - not wholly enjoying the build system or class options but it's a good game! Loved 1 way back at launch but never got around to playing 2 till this week. Seems harder than my memories of 1. A great game to play on the side while working lol

Diablo 2 Remastered - ya the atmosphere is still peak after all these years. Played a ton of Last Epoch the past month, which is FUN but d2's progression is inimitable for me. Something about the pace and atmosphere make it feel more like an adventure than a race to end game for me, but maybe that's nostalgia talkin' idk.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arrived at Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty opening mission finally and I might take a break and play something shorter and more linear, maybe Alan Wake II or Max Payne 3.

Tagovailoa

Feb 5, 2023
Have just started my latest pokemon mono type run.

This one is a steel run in Pokemon Platinum.

Hoping to get a few badges this weekend and fill out the team more.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Really pushing to get Nexomon Extinction finished since it's starting to wear thin now. There's just no depth to the gameplay, which is such a shame for a creature collector.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Fallout 4. Think I'll be playing this awhile. I just found my 100th location!

Trying to push thru Jedi survivor too.

carl_sandland

May 31, 2019
What a time to be a PS5 gamer, the variety of my weekend is insane;
1. Balataro
2. Stellar Blade
3. Rise of the Ronin
4. Dragons' Dogma 2
Will be focused on Rise of the Ronin, which is a great game, where you can play it how you feel at time: want to pet some cats? go for it, want to loot some treasure chest, hunt some criminals, take some photos, fly around from vantage points, or ... um follow the main story ;) great stuff and has ridiculous variety in weapon and stances.

engine

Jul 20, 2022
I'm in my usual overwhelmed-by-the-library state. I have Suicide Squad and Rise of the Ronin checked out. Suicide Squad is a lot better than people made it out to be IMO. I hope to finish that quickly to make room for Stellar Blade and Helldivers 2 which are both ready for me to pick up. I took Dragon's Dogma 2 and Marvel's Midnight Suns back early because I wasn't vibing with either and didn't have time/interest to prioritize them over the other options. I may dive into either/both at some point in the future.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Mainly just Fallout 4. I have been enjoying the living hell out of it and it is my first Fallout game. My only gripes are that I'm not a huge fan of the settlement/building stuff, and I've had a couple of hard freezes that required me to not only close the game but also restart my Series X.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Sandland until there is a patch for Eiyuden Chronicles on PS5.

My physical edition of Baldur's Gate 3 didn't arrive in time for the long weekend so it will be Tuesday before I get it.