MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is Silent Hills thread. I'm happy that Kojima is experimenting and trying to create something unique with Death Stranding, but the cancellation of SH still hurts a lot. Just the thought that we were getting a horror game directed by Kojima in collaboration with del Toro was super hype.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I can't really think of anything I really wanted that got cancelled.

Castlevania: Resurrection on Dreamcast, looked very interesting and a damn shame we never got it.

This, maybe, since I'm a huge CV fan as well as a DC owner, but the mediocre 3D games they put out on PS2 after Resurrection was cancelled made me feel like we probably didn't miss out on all that much in the end.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Zone of the Enders 3

This.

zone-of-the-enders-3-625x416.jpg

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
It wasn't even an announce game ( at least for the US), but Capcom pissed me off when they showed off that dog version of the Great Ace Attorney.

Was beyond annoyed that was only an April's Fool joke.

Oct 26, 2017
Silent Hill being cancelled still hurts. It looked incredible and was one of my most hyped games before it got cancelled

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Half-Life 2 Episode 3.

How Valve decided to just not finish the last expansion with THAT cliffhanger is so damn annoying.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 3.5. It was probably my most wanted game ever, and it crushed me when it resurfaced as an action game that had little to do with the series up to that point. RE4 is still awesome in its own right, but it wasn't the RE4 I wanted.

Silent Hills is my second choice.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Prey 2017 is still my favorite game but yeah, I gotta go with Prey 2. Fuck Bethesda forever for the shit they tried to pull there, and it wasn't the first time.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars 1313 and Amy Hennig's Star Wars game.

I'm so glad Fallen Order didn't get canned. It looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am in the Silent Hills camp, altho I remember being way more hyped for Prey 2! just because it felt like such a fun world to immerse in.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3 was some dirty ass shit on Capcom's part. i've never even played an MML game before, have no nostalgia tied those games but after the whole affair i was like, damn man, really?

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3 and Zone of the Enders... Not actually canceled but never made would be Chrono Trigger 2.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hills is the correct answer.

A game produced by Hideo Kojima,
co-directed by Guillermo Del Toro,
starring Norman Reedus,
in a once ground breaking horror series in desperate need of a revival after several lackluster sequels,
with the budget of a AAA title,
AND was revealed with a playable teaser that while being only half an hour long still stands as one of the scariest pieces of entertainment in years?

FUCK Konami.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Pirates of the Caribbean game looked pretty cool. I'm also sad about Everquest Next just because it looked so cool, though that one i'm less sad about because I highly doubt Daybreak could have pulled it off well.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I count Alien: Isolation 2? A sequel was never announced but the sales of the game certainly didn't help the idea that a sequel was ever to be made. :(

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Guild Wars: Utopia. I'm more bitter about what Arena Net did with Guild Wars 2 though than the cancellation of that fourth campaign. They reworked it into Eye of the North, which is something at least and as someone else in the thread said, we got Guild Wars: Beyond content too in the years leading up to GW2's release - even if that comprises mostly reused assets and enemies with quirky builds! But Utopia would have been a greater addition to the game I like rather than the consolation expansion it became and Utopia's cancellation also signalled the company's switch in direction with a sequel that I not only hate but is one only in name and lore.

Edit: thinking about where Guild Wars 1 could be now if they had stuck with it all these years is pretty heartbreaking.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
True Fantasy Live Online

Sure it's probably been surpassed by other mmo's and would have been dead by now but i think back to how much I loved Xbox Live back then and how absolutely amazing it would have been if this released. The memories I would have made.

This is the first thing I thought of when seeing the thread title, and you nailed my exact thoughts on why.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Agent
Van Buren/Fallout 3. Though New Vegas using so much of that design really softens that one.
Fallout Tactics 2.
That Brothers in Arms game that was going to take inspiration from Inglorious Basterds

Not really a cancelled sequel, but there are so many IPs that are just dead and collecting dust at some big shitty publisher. Arcanum and Ultima especially.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will ever measure up to the pain of wanting a sequel to Mega Man Legends 2 for a decade but knowing you'd never get one, only for Capcom to ACTUALLY announce one, show off a demo, and then cancel it.

Going from misplaced hope, to real hope, to pure despair.

This will never stop stinging.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

Project Offset
Star Wars 1313
Silent Hills
Prey 2

And there are probably a lot more that I've forgotten.