• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about the best, most memorable games or most prolific series'. Which characters stuck with you? When you look back at the generation, which characters will instantly pop into your mind?

For this generation, the first characters that come to my mind are:
latest
latest
maxresdefault.jpg
latest
latest

Examples from last gen:

And when I think of Xbox/PS2/Gamecube, off the top off my head I think of:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
2B: Nier Automata
Lara Croft
Quite a few from Undertale
BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein
Tracer from Overwatch

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
How are the inklings considered last gen? Even if you mean because the Wii U is no longer active the Wii U is in the same gen as PS4/XBone and the game is only 2 years old. Also, who's the third character in OPs post?

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Random Skyrim guy does not define last gen. Skyrim is a game that defines last gen, but that dude is literally nobody.

I don't know what defines this gen. There hasn't been a lot of new IPs, the one we have so far has not been developed into a franchise yet. Maybe if Horizon 2 comes out and Aloy is still the protagonists, then she is one of them.

OP
OP
flkRaven

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Random Skyrim guy does not define last gen. Skyrim is a game that defines last gen, but that dude is literally nobody.

I don't know what defines this gen. There hasn't been a lot of new IPs, the one we have so far has not been developed into a franchise yet. Maybe if Horizon 2 comes out and Aloy is still the protagonists, then she is one of them.

It really doesn't have to make sense. I'm just wondering who people instantly think of. When I think of my Xbox 360, one of the first things I hear is the menu music for Skyrim and I think of that fus ro dah guy.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
The cast of Undertale but Papyrus, Sans, and Undyne specifically.

I've only played like an hour of Night in the Woods plus the bonus games that predated it but I'm already including Mae.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
the-hunter.jpg
persona-5-review_ctwb.640-1.jpg
de7c2bea46260b9b.jpg
6.png
il_570xN.1029059745_sq6r.jpg

Reasons:
-Because the Bloodborne Hunter is iconic.
-Because everyone waited years to play Persona 5, and the character designs stand out.
-Because everyone is always talking about 2B's outfit.
-Because Xenoblade fans can't shut up about it.
-Because Nintendo nailed the character designs again twice.