• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your choice?

• Arkham Asylum

• Arkham City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Asylum any fucking day of the week.

The Asylum concept worked, Batman being trapped in Arkham with his greatest villains while he fight for his life is a great narrative jump point. Added to that is the fact that the gameplay and level design was tight and just right for game about Batman.

Apr 14, 2024
The thing is, Asylum has the better setting but City has the better storyline. It's a tough call, but if I had to pick one, probably Asylum just because story doesn't matter as much to me in general in games. Asylum's setting is just perfection.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
City's gameplay, especially the unique feel behind Nightwing and Catwoman's abilities/moves, is mint.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Arkham Asylum is a better game to replay. I've actually done replays and enjoy the modern metroidvania take.

But Arkham City was just such a ride that first time through.

Just all of it, especially when you go into old Gotham, just nothing like it in the first game. But because of those set pieces I really only want to replay portions (the police station, old Gotham, the end tower) as opposed to going through the whole game again.

It doesn't make sense, except to me

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great now I want to play some Batman. Can they hurry up and remaster Knight so I can play it at 60fps on consoles, please

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Asylum and it's not close. Tighter level design, better writing, way better atmosphere. City is still great and introduced a lot of great improvements on the combat and stealth mechanics but Asylum was a gamechanger.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Asylum has a better feel and atmosphere.

City did have gameplay improvements and is actually the perfect general size for open world imo but it's a bit dry at times.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I still don't understand the love City gets. Its open world was boring, the story sucked and the gameplay was one step forward, one step back IMO.

Not only do I vastly prefer Asylum over it, I think City is the worst in the series.

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
This is eerily similar to when I have to pick between Fallout 1 and 2… Asylum is more focused, tighter, condensed, basically perfect on its own, but I still got way more fun and enjoyment out of City, so I'm going with that.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
City had better set pieces, boss fights, and the best progression system.

Asylum has the novelty factor and Scarecrow sections.

City is one of my favorite open world games ever.