• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Being a big steakhouse fan, I love the stuff. They're closed, so I'm cooking my own versions.

Usually my fav combos are shrimp and New York strips. But I also like scallops and filet mignon. See below! No my pic.

SurfandTurf.jpg

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Irrelevant, but you changed your avatar, entremet, and I don't like it. How am I supposed to keep track of who is who if everyone's going around changing their avatar all the time?

It's madness!

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Love it, if the cuts are good. Like, some skimpy shrimp and a sirloin? Nah, fuck that. But a filet / NY strip with some buttery scallops? Awwwwww yissssss

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Irrelevant, but you changed your avatar, entremet, and I don't like it. How am I supposed to keep track of who is who if everyone's going around changing their avatar all the time?

It's madness!
I changed it over a year ago lmao. Buddy Pine is strong, though.

I'm a NeoGeo fan, so I wanted to show that with Yuri Sakazaki.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I changed it over a year ago lmao. Buddy Pine is strong, though.

I'm a NeoGeo fan, so I wanted to show that with Yuri Sakazaki.
What? Dammit, really?

Something vague and dim is going off in my brain when it comes to your name and this avatar, so maybe I'll believe you. This time.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
It's great. I had a really good Ribeye and lobster at Epcot's Coral Reef resturant several years ago. Best surf n' turf I ever had. Expensive as hell but well worth it.

And Yardhouse does a surf n turf burger. I've ordered it a few times. I want to take a nap just looking at this.

20150103044610652196.jpg

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
My favorite is steak topped with crab cake, but I've never attempted to cook that at home. Maybe I should try, as my next culinary challenge. Crab cakes don't seem that hard, all things considered.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think lobster, a rightful peasant food being sold as a luxury dish, is the biggest scam in the world.

Separate from that never order steak at a seafood place. Never order seafood at a steakhouse.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
more meats should be mixed with steak. personally I like a Land, Sea, and Air meal, myself.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
There is a place near me that makes the best steak and cheese and a good lobster roll. I always get a steak cheese and mushroom and split the lobster roll. Best surf and turf.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Steak and Scallops is the true surf and turf

order some sprout on the side to share.

bing bang boom

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. I usually don't get it unless it's a really special meal, and I prefer steak + lobster tail or shrimp or some combo with lobster. Not a big scallops person. I'll eat em but would never choose them. And if you're at a cheaper restaurant scallops are not always scallops, but usually a trash fish that are cut up to look like scallops. Especially "scallop medallions," which tend to just be ground fish that are pressed to look like a scallop, or a fish like skate or dogfish

But like a petit filet + lobster tail is pretty fucking good.

Last edited:

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I really enjoy it but I've always seen it as a meal for a special occasion when dining out. I grill a decent amount of steak at home but I've never tried to do surf + turf at home. I suppose it would be easy enough to grill up some shrimp though. No idea where to start with lobster tail.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I can understand the appeal, but it's not anything I'd personally order or make. It's going to end up too much animal protein or not a worthwhile portion of either; I'll take a good, modestly-sized steak or some quality seafood along side a pile of veg and some starches. Eating both feels quite excessive.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I like it, but usually go one way or the other, so either strictly a steak dish at a steakhouse or all seafood at a seafood place.