• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I love genealogy and i recently took an AncestryDNA test and found out i'm English/Danish, Irish and Ashkenazi Jewish . :) Have you ever took a DNA test or have learned about your Ancestry/Ethnicity? Were you surprised or shocked by the results?

Edit-I'm an American first above everything else of course and it's not super important, but i just think it's just interesting to learn how my family came to be in America. : P

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm blacker than the ace of spades and more militant than you and your whole damned army put together.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, my mom has done some fairly extensive genealogy, and I don't have anyone in my ancestry who lived outside Sweden all the way back to some Walloon who emigrated here for work in the early 18th century, so... really, really Scandi white I guess?

I'm blacker than the ace of spades and more militant than you and your whole damned army put together.

The militants turn startled!

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I consider myself white and Jewish, in that order.
I don't need to do a DNA tests to know the countries my ancestors came from, but the fact that my grandparents were born in Lithuania don't have a ton of impact on my life nor is it an important part of how I define myself.
Persian and turkish

*waves fist at any greeks posting*
It's called Gyros dammit, and it was always called that!

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i wanna say mexican but i don't feel mexican since i was born and raised in america and wasn't really around much of my culture. so american?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
1135.jpg

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Norwegian, Swedish, Ashkenazi Jew and Swiss. Never taken a DNA test but I know that's what my ancestors were.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Mexican, im 100% sure my ancestry can be traced back to many other races and ethnicities, but that's mexico for you, we're mixed as fuck.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm an American first above everything else of course and it's not super important, but i just think it's just interesting to learn how my family came to be in America. : P

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sup taylor?

Im white hispanic. Family is a mix of spanish, italian and Central America native.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
American. I honestly don't care about whatever my ethnic descent it - I'm American.

I refuse to be one of those Americans where because they're of say, German descent, they say that "I'm German". Or "I do xyz because I'm IRISH!"...No you're not, you're American.

Last edited:

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
White/Italian/Polish

My last name is Italian but I think I look more Polish than anything else, especially my facial hair. I've got some German/Jewish in there too from my mother's side.

I have no personal interest or connection to any non-American cultures though so really I guess I'm just a generic American white dude.

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm brown, like a brownie. But I suppose a light brown?

I really don't know my heritage, but I'm Mexican. So I suppose a little bit Spaniard and lots of indigenous?

m9VzMjV.jpg

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just so you know, OP, those tests are not generally that accurate. "European" is as close as you can get with any degree of real confidence.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I am a White

Have some family roots in Wales on one side but that's the closest I'm gonna get to having some ethnicity more specific than just Northern European

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love genealogy and i recently took an AncestryDNA test and found out i'm English/Danish, Irish and Ashkenazi Jewish . :) Have you ever took a DNA test or have learned about your Ancestry/Ethnicity? Were you surprised or shocked by the results?
Don't really fancy my DNA getting sold to literally anyone with a few bucks, so no thanks on the tests, my dude.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't done the DNA test myself, but my mother is English/Irish.

I generally identify as White & Nerdy.

Tamerlane

Oct 27, 2017
Both of my parents are Indian but most people think I'm white or arab. I don't have any strong connections to Indian culture so I just consider myself Canadian.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm biracial. One of my sisters did a DNA test a while back and got:

Germanic Europe: 36%
England, Wales and Northwestern Europe: 18%
Benin/Togo: 17%
Cameroon, Congo, and Southern Bantu Peoples: 12%
Mali: 9%
A bunch of other stuff: 8%

It seems accurate. My mother is white and my grandparents always said they were from German and English descent. My father is black and all those countries and regions are on the West coast of Africa which would imply his ancestors were brought over during the slave trade.

Last edited:

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
White.

My surname is Dutch, and my mom's maiden name is Polish. Other than that I'm not terribly interested in the particular breakdown between arbitrary European borders.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
White/American. Never took a test, nor plan too. My skin is white and i was born in America, thats all i care to know.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I did 23&Me a while back. My breakdown was:

- 50% Ashkenazi Jewish (my mother's side)
- 25% Iberian Peninsula
- 10% General Southern European
- 10% Native American
- 5% General East African

My father is Cuban, so everything that isn't Jewish is from him. The Native American bit, I would assume, is Taino, which I've started to read more about lately.

I identify as a mutt, which is what I am. I'm Latino and Jewish, primarily, but when you're mixed, those communities aren't always as welcoming as you'd hope. I'm a gringo to hispanics and goyim to jews, so it just became easier to think of myself as a blend and leave it at that.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My family as far as i can trace it are all from Mexico, were caucasian so i assume it eventually goes back to Spain though