• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
My family have been Swedish farmers as far back as there are records. Noone did anything really exception. Just doing their work and raised a family. So, very white and very Nordic.

odbilal

Avenger
Jan 22, 2018
My Dad is turkish and my mom is turkish/english. My brother did a DNA test thingy and it came back with 27% Italian, 27% Turkish and 27% English (and some other smaller percentages). I was suprised by the 27% italian. Dont know anyone in our family that it could be traced back to

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm super pale white, but my heritages is everywhere with a coast... Like actually, the DNA test thing came back and it just highlighted coasts everywhere.

So, White Canadian, but the other part is pretty cool, any port in a storm right?

Last edited:

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
I was born in the USA but my family is from Mexico. However the people that led to me were immigrants from European and South American countries so I am def a mutt. My ancestry is Spanish Jewish, Afro-Latin, Scottish, North African, and German. Due to slavery and jewish diaspora, its complicated. I just identify as a Biracial Jew and leave it at that.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm white Portuguese. Most of my ancestors going back 5 generations were quite pale (or so I've been said) and stuck living in the deep portuguese countryside so probably not much mix there. But going centuries further behind I can see some north african, middle eastern acestry in my facial characteristics. My genetical base probably came more from those parts than the Iberian natives or German Visigoths that were here before the muslim arrival. But I'm probably a mixture of all of those.

Last edited:

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm a German white ass dude...like really white...and pale. People might get blinded when looking at me in the wrong lighting.

My Grandmother, who died before my birth, was from Romania. I have no traces of that culture in me though, so I'm just a German guy.

Taking that DNA test does sound interesting though. xD

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I am Balkarian (no not Bulgarian) with a very little drop of Ossetian and Central Asian blood quite a few generations ago. I bet DNA test might reveal some of the East Asian ancestors from a yesteryear as well, but it's almost inconsequential at this point.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Belgian, I suppose? Tho I suppose I'm a quarter Albanian too, since that's where my granny came from, but I have no real ties to that culture and don't even speak the language. I don't know, my etnicity is not something I really pay any mind.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reseteran

Hail

Really, I'm half caucasian and half latino. I don't strongly identify with a single ethnicity, because the divide between my Canadian and Colombian heritages is so wide, that I just feel like a mixed mutt lol. I call it being half-caff

This is kind of how I feel as half-Viet and half-white. I call myself a mudblood.

Yataran

Jul 17, 2018
Copenhagen, DK
Back in the UK I always ticked the "Other White" box... Was there also a "White Non-British" option? I think I remember that.

Generally, I'd say that I'm ethnically "Southern European" or "Mediterranean", because despite being born in South America, my family comes from people who migrated from Europe in the early XXth century. But I'm not "pasty white", and I can get fairly brown given the right conditions. Some Indian friends were pretty surprised about it a while ago.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm a German white ass dude...like really white...and pale. People might get blinded when looking at me in the wrong lighting.

My Grandmother, who died before my birth, was from Romania. I have no traces of that culture in me though, so I'm just a German guy.

Taking that DNA test does sound interesting though. xD
I definitely learned a lot from it and not just about my heritage. It was well worth the money for me. :D

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I consider myself off white.

(I'm mostly Irish as far as my ancestry with 25% other n. european mut-ness, but honestly my ethnicity is generic white to me)

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am white, and I really don't care or think about it beyond that. Don't really know my family heritage or background at all and don't have any reason to want to know.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
American white person I guess?

Not really proud of the rest of my American white people, but I don't really have anything else in me unless you go many generations back.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haitian although I have secret Dominicanism in my blood. My grandma wouldn't even admit this under torture lol. Why's the island still beefin with each other after Massa done left?

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
White.

I have a very Italian last name and used to identify that way when I was younger, but the Italian is only on my dad's side and I've since learned his "100% Italian" claim is bullshit. There's some Austrian in there and they just deny it. It's freaking listed on the web that my great grandmother was born in Austria in the 1940s census and still no.

speak_easy

Banned
May 12, 2018
Baltimore, Maryland
White.

I have a very Italian last name and used to identify that way when I was younger, but the Italian is only on my dad's side and I've since learned his "100% Italian" claim is bullshit. There's some Austrian in there and they just deny it. It's freaking listed on the web that my great grandmother was born in Austria in the 1940s census and still no.

Well considering Italy and Austria were fighting for centuries over the claim to southern Austria/north Italy I don't think being Italian and Austrian is that weird.

chaostrophy

Oct 27, 2017
White American, mom's side is Scottish, dad's side is German. I was born one generation too late to meet any of my immigrant ancestors, they mostly came over in the wave around WWI.