Monarch1501

Designer @ Dontnod
Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Born in Algeria, came to France when I was 4. So I identifie mainly as a French but I do love my origins and my place of birth very much.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
Dutch, German, Irish, Scottish, English, Swedish, Polish, Cajun... pretty universally white all around.

People on both sides of my family are really into genealogy, so I've got a pretty good picture of the specific breakdown, at least going back to the 1500s.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't done any DNA ancestry test, but both my parents have, and it lined up with what we knew from genealogy. Canadian, of primarily French descent, raised in a bilingual environment—a French-speaking family and community (with French heritage as an important part of the community cultural identity), but in a largely English-speaking part of Canada.

I have some First Nations (Native American)/Métis ancestry though one parent, but though while I can see some minor Métis influence in the traditions of that side of the family (mostly around food), that was never made an explicit part of our cultural identity.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm white, almost entirely Scottish, English, and Swedish based on genetic testing. My wife is basically all ethnicities with a higher percentage Scottish and Iberian, but still 3%+ of every continent.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Mixed Emirati/Yemeni

Yeah, my dad is from Yemen. Immigrated to UAE at young age.

devVega

Oct 28, 2017
福島県
I'm Native American (Mojave and Chemehuevi), and, while we are enrolled members of our tribe, my family really doesn't practice any of the customs.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I got updates results as well, it broke down my Scandinavian results more into regions.

I've gone really deep into studying my genealogy and family tree, it's definitely pretty cool trying to figure out a puzzle. Seeing a road block then searching documents and working with other distant relatives to solve problems.

It's honestly kind of addicting and I've taken several trips to the local discovery centers at LDS stakes to get more information!

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I got updates results as well, it broke down my Scandinavian results more into regions.

I've gone really deep into studying my genealogy and family tree, it's definitely pretty cool trying to figure out a puzzle. Seeing a road block then searching documents and working with other distant relatives to solve problems.

It's honestly kind of addicting and I've taken several trips to the local discovery centers at LDS stakes to get more information!
It's so interesting finding articles/biographies/stories about your ancestors and how they lived. I know a lot more about my mother side than my father. I wish I knew more other my father's side than they were Irish/Jewish immigrants in NYC durring the late 1800s. I'm still learning new stuff though so it's fun! :D

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It's so interesting finding articles/biographies/stories about your ancestors and how they lived. I know a lot more about my mother side than my father. I wish I knew more other my father's side than they were Irish/Jewish immigrants in NYC durring the late 1800s. I'm still learning new stuff though so it's fun! :D

Yeah while I like the puzzle to try to connect ancestors together, my best finds are when I can find articles, stories, biographies of who these folks were and how they lived.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to my great grandparents, I've English, German, Polish, Irish, French, Scottish and Welsh, at least.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Puerto Rican. Way too dark to say I'm Irish like my mom. Just seems weird to claim my white half when it doesn't show whatsoever on. Being mixed kinda blows in that regard.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
White.

No clue what my family history is, but I know I'm probably a mutt. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Puerto Rican. Way too dark to say I'm Irish like my mom. Just seems weird to claim my white half when it doesn't show whatsoever on. Being mixed kinda blows in that regard.
Don't let anyone take that away from you. You are Irish too and that is a fact!:D
I've questioned my Jewish heritage too considering i'm pretty pale white unlike my father, but i am what i am and no one can take that away from you. Whether that is important to you anyways.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm 75% white European (Irish, Finnish, English) American, but I'm a quarter Ottawa Indian and am even an enrolled member of the tribe. I don't make it a big deal and I would never say my experience is anywhere near what Natives who grew up on the reservation was like, but I'm still personally proud of my heritage.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at least 1/4 of some sort of Asian Indigenous from my dad's side. My late grandmother was definitely one, but I have no idea whether my grandfather is or not.

Deleted member 55795

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm sorry to hear. :( Do you still have family there? Glad that you are safe now.

Yeah a few family members still live there. It's turned into a war that no media outlet is really covering. In reality it's a civil war birthed from the damage of colonialism.

It started when the president began imposing French policies onto the English speaking side and it escalated from a teachers protest to keep that out of schools into a mini civil war.

The current prez has consolidated all governmental power into his position and routinely rigs every election. His been in power since the 80s and has all but killed off the opposition. I hope I get to go back one day and show my kids it.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
White and when asked I say I'm Québécois. My direct family is acadian or québécois.

Further down the line there's French, British and Native American. I never identified as such because it's too far down the line and I really don't feel part of these cultures. Would like to learn what regions or what tribes down the line though.

Have really no idea about my father's side, the furthest I've ever seen was up to my great-great grand-parents and I'd assume it pretty much all descended from French.

Really have to get around and do some of those DNA tests or actual research about it. It wouldn't change what I identify as, but would teach me a lot more about myself and my family.

Oct 30, 2017
My nationality is Filipino-American, but I'm not exactly sure what my ethnicity is besides being Malay—which most Filipinos are. My mom is definitely a mestiza (mixed ethnicity) because of her light skin and brown hair. Unfortunately, she doesn't want us to take a DNA test since she's really skeptical about the ethics of it. Right now, we're guessing that we have some Japanese, Chinese, and Eastern European ancestry.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
White and when asked I say I'm Québécois. My direct family is acadian or québécois.

Further down the line there's French, British and Native American. I never identified as such because it's too far down the line and I really don't feel part of these cultures. Would like to learn what regions or what tribes down the line though.

Have really no idea about my father's side, the furthest I've ever seen was up to my great-great grand-parents and I'd assume it pretty much all descended from French.

Really have to get around and do some of those DNA tests or actual research about it. It wouldn't change what I identify as, but would teach me a lot more about myself and my family.
Seeing a lot of French Canadian posters here and I think that's pretty cool! Our Continent is so diverse it's fun to learn about it. :D

Oct 27, 2017
Polynesian. Just generally.

I can't really choose one cause my family blood comes from just about every corner of the Pacific Ocean. Got Samoan, Fijian, Cook Islands and even more. And I guess also any outsiders that came around as well. Have so much pride and love for my cultures.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
I'm Basque and Bolivian. "Bolivian" is a nationality and not an ethnicity, so I guess mestizo? My mother is biracial being the daughter of a white woman and a Quechua indigenous man (very unlikely match back in the day).

I usually just say Basque/Bolivian, to make things less complicated.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
white passingish Latino born in Colombia with dual Colombian/American citizenship and a substantial Italian cultural inheritance

I tend to go with just Latino, Latin, or Latinx

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
For all the posters that answer "white" or "boring American"
You have a cool story too. We all do!
It's fine to not care about it, but don't put yourself or others down that are into it.

Last edited:

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Whiter than white(English). Pleased I have a lot of Irish on my Mum's side thanks to my grandparents. I'll be applying for dual citizenship at some point next year. I identify as European more than I do English.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I tend to joke saying i'm a viking celt.

My mother's family comes from Bretagne in France, so strong celtic roots (from welsh tribes that emigrated south i think i recall) and my fathers family is from Normandy, allegdly descending from a warrior who fought with William the Conquerer. Thus, most likely descending from the vikings that established themselves in the area. Given that my family mostly comes from cities on the sea, i guess i'm also mixed with a bunch of various sailor ethnicities that could have established themselves there.

But in the end, i'm just a random milky white dude with brown hair with shades of red in the beard.

Proxy-Pie

Apr 3, 2018
Palestinian Arab. I'm hoping to do one of those DNA tests at some point, because most families in my town have roots in Hebron, which is an ancient town with lots of history and settlement by various nations. I'm wondering if I can find some neat stuff haha