Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
African-American. Probably have other ethnic backgrounds in my family's geneology, but can't confirm with certainty.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Ethnic background is 1/4 Han Chinese, 3/4 Viet Vietnamese, and some minority DNA mixed in, like Dai Chinese I think?
I am born Canadian though. lol

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
50% Vietnamese, 25% Sicilian, 25% mixed white American. A lil' dash of Cherokee somewhere in there.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
13.5% German, 13.5% Polish, 75% Various Anglo-Saxon.
Basically all white for an American, which is where I live, so, white, lol. I guess potentially I'd be a part of a marginalized group in, say, the UK or France given my Polish ancestry, but in the US, nah.

I was told once my great great great great grandmother was Native American but given those kinds of stories pop up across all sorts of families and prove untrue (and my DNA testing didn't reflect this), I'm guessing that's not true.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Very very white

If I'd were to do a test I'd expect mostly from Holland, 25% Frisian and some amount of German. Not to keen on giving some company my DNA though

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did my family tree and everyone was English or Scottish in all directions back to the 1700s when one Irish lady snuck in there.

Oct 27, 2017
My mom's dutch and my dad's from Eritrea. I usually just identify as black when asked but my family in Eritrea probably see themselves as Arab more. Being ambiguously brown I get confused for all kinds of things and nothing feels very "authentic" to me so I try not to think too much about it.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Mine answers are either

A) none
B) caucasian
C) latino

I'm sure some of these aren't even the correct terms but that shows you how much I care about this.

For the most part I feel like a mix of white/latino even though I am "100%" El Salvadoran. I put that in quotes cuz obviously my ethnicity is clearly mixed. I'm guero as fuck.

My profile pic says it all.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I am 100% Albanian descent (as far as I know). Definitely white, but both of my parents are from Montenegro.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Latino/Caucasian/Costa Rican/American? My great grand father was from Spain so some of that too I guess? Its a bunch of stuff.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
ethnicity: Portuguese
nationality: Canadian
race: white
------

I think lots of people here are confused between race and ethnicity. An ethnicity is not a race

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Basically english, Irish, lil bit of Ashkenazi Jewish from what the geneology test said but I'm just white af

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Caucasian descended from Celts for the most part, and I am a New Englander who on my maternal side can trace my ancestry straight to the mayflower.

As for other things, on my maternal side also my grandmothers grandmother was 100% native from the Penobscot tribe, but it's not enough for me to the claim the tribe or call myself native, and I don't feel connected there anyways.

And on my fathers side with his father it's more from the isles. His mother on the other hand, ehh, I was always told she was German, but she told a story of being from France but not being French that along with some other stories of caravans and roaming along with my grams looks make me suspect she may have been Roma but I cannot confirm that and she has passed.

And I know for a fact what so much of my ancestral history is and have an identity formed around that to the point I don't feel the need to get tested just to find out what my fathers mother was anyways, it's not that big a deal.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 1/4 Costa Rican, 3/4 white, but culturally, even though I'm pretty close to my grandmother, I'm pretty much just white, so I kinda don't feel like I'm "allowed" to claim the Costa Rican or "Hispanic" side and if anyone asks I tend to just say white/caucasian.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
My mom's side Mexican, my dad's side boring white. Pediatrician said the only reason I have my skin and eye color is because of Spanish blood on my mom's side. So I'm mexican

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Canadian with parents from Jamaica, I'am pretty light skinned so there is probably a mixture of ethnicities I don't know about.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well, I'm Puerto Rican from my fathers side, but my father is much lighter than his siblings, and bounced pretty early in my life. So I have only small bits of the culture or identifying features that people could point at be be like, "yeah not white" outside of maybe the name.

So ethnicity-wise, white. But I try to hold onto what culture I can that I do have. Other side is just like eastern european smattering that no one bothered to even remember.

Galactor

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Who cares about ethnicity? (gringos!) why do americans are always so interested in race and age groups?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reseteran

Hail

Really, I'm half caucasian and half latino. I don't strongly identify with a single ethnicity, because the divide between my Canadian and Colombian heritages is so wide, that I just feel like a mixed mutt lol. I call it being half-caff

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ethnicity: Portuguese
nationality: Canadian
race: white
------

I think lots of people here are confused between race and ethnicity. An ethnicity is not a race
Well yeah, race is far more emphasised in post-colonial countries. Usually emphasising the purity of one race (ie Obama is half 'white' and half 'black' but he'd never be considered a 'white' president). It's an inherently stupid and supremicist concept that doesn't even have a strict definition. (are the Irish White? What about the Jews? The Turks?)

Race doesn't exist etc. But when you have a large migrant population removed from their historic culture I guess it's easier to create. Slavery also plays a large role in it too.

品川駅

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
Peruvian, my mom is brown and her side of the family is a mix between native and probably some Asian in there too. But mostly native from Trujillo.

My dad is a weird mix between Europeans that moved to the jungle and Jews from Marruecos and Spanish.

The result of that is me living in japan and nobody being able to guess my ethnicity because I am way whiter than the average Latin American(despite my mom and sister being more brown) but not white enough to be "really" white. Most people believe I am Italian for some weird reason.

If you add the fact that the educated Peruvian Spanish has little to no accent, you get someone who always wins the "where do you think I am from" game.

The most oppressed ethnicity ever existed on this earth.

Gamer.

This too