• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
People tend to bitch about wanting things the "same as normal games" but then doesn't give any idea towards correcting these "errors" that these devs are making with representing groups and all that. I'd honestly like to hear a clear cut solution that benefits everyone that they seem to be aware of that everyone else is clueless about. I mean let's be real, is there HONESTLY ANY solution for this that'd appease all sides. For devs atm it's damned if you do and damned if you don't, just let them make the game with the vision they want and let's talk about if it's bad or good like the good ol days. Because I'm in school trying to become a 3D modeler and story board writer (not in classes for the ladder but I'd still like to get there someday) and if I make it in this industry wooo boy y'all ain't gonna like me lol. I got things to say, if I was a film maker I'd do the same. End of the day, it's up to the devs, fuck what anyone else says. A good game is a good game.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This whole conflict does not exist. SJWs do not exist. An anti-SJW-crowd doesn't really exist. All there is, is a few people on the internet that prove man's inability to sit in a room alone.

Out on the streets, I hear more people arguing the health benefits of avocado. Now for people who live on the internet....

Other example: Sargon of Fuckwad argues that Metal Music is becoming too "safe". Metalinjecton or some other irrelevant youtube channel invites two women who argue that metal shows are not "safe". Well, Metal shows are not meant to be "safe". Neither are they meant to be "dangerous." They are somewhere in the middle. I go to metal shows every week. They are never too "safe", nor are they "unsafe." I punch chicks and they punch back, one almost broke my nose recently.

None of this shit exists. Out there. It's all nothing but irrelevant youtube poopoo.

There is, of course, a discussion regarding our society. I welcome it. I do not see it reflected in the youtubes.
You: "the 'anti-SJW' crowd doesn't exist"

Also you: "That Sargon fellow sure hates those 'SJWs,' huh"

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The kneejerk "it's not gaming, it's society, can't do nothing" responses are tiring at this point

No shit, we're talking about those issues in the context of this particular medium and industry. Like yes, sexism and sexual harassment is prevalent across society and culture; that didn't stop #MeToo from sparking discussion, awareness, reaction, and change among the film industry and other industries

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
did that banned person used FF7, the rpg where there are LITERALLY only 2 black people in the ENTIRE WORLD as an example of good representation?

It is literally a world where black people went extinct because the only 2 black dudes left are ... cis men.

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
They're thin skinned children, reacting to the fact that their way of life is increasingly unpopular and unwanted. That's all it is. The world is changing and evolving towards more acceptance of diversity but they can't, and won't, deal with it. Leave them behind like every other vocal minority.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
A connoisseur of the art of both sides, yes?
Lol not exactly.
It doesn't have to be grey all the time either.
I just feel like sometimes it's not so easy to really say which answer is applicable.

Of course it is also often obvious what should be the right thing to do or say. Just not always.
And I also think of priorities.
But that also is not easy to decide.

There's also what "is" and what "looks like". And looks often becomes certainty.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone shut the fuck up and put more women in games.

Women have just as much right to play these games as men, and have just as much right to play a character that is a woman as men do. Any bitching about a character being a woman, or being gay, or any of that is just immediately calling into question the type of person that you are. Full stop.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
You are giving to much credit to the concept of SJWs. Sure there are posers in real life, people who like to post on facebook or instagram showing their association with various ''virtuous causes'. But outside the virtual worlds of the internet, I don't think the stereotype that alt right has generated of the SJW meme, exists that much. It certainly isn't a particularly useful characterisation of say many activists fighting for progressive causes in the real world.

Sure: I mean to say, 'SJWs as imagined by people who care about SJWs', i.e. the assholes we're discussing. The perception of insincerity is important, I think (even as the alt-right etc are utterly insincere themselves, of course...!).

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
That's another annoying as fuck term.

"Forced diversity."
Though it works in those jrpg where they need to make every single playable characters with different hair color lol.
It always strikes me as unrealistic.

They're not doing "all different skin colors" though I think, so I'm not sure how it would look like.
But 6-8 (very different) colors of hair seems crazy sometimes

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People tend to bitch about wanting things the "same as normal games" but then doesn't give any idea towards correcting these "errors" that these devs are making with representing groups and all that. I'd honestly like to hear a clear cut solution that benefits everyone that they seem to be aware of that everyone else is clueless about. I mean let's be real, is there HONESTLY ANY solution for this that'd appease all sides. For devs atm it's damned if you do and damned if you don't, just let them make the game with the vision they want and let's talk about if it's bad or good like the good ol days. Because I'm in school trying to become a 3D modeler and story board writer (not in classes for the ladder but I'd still like to get there someday) and if I make it in this industry wooo boy y'all ain't gonna like me lol. I got things to say, if I was a film maker I'd do the same. End of the day, it's up to the devs, fuck what anyone else says. A good game is a good game.

what?

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Guess you could call them Status Quo Warriors
THEY'RE HERE TO SAVE THE WORLD
statusquo_0.jpg

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
They've been whipped into a paranoia about a leftist agenda infiltrating and subverting their preferred past-time. They probably just want to play games that don't trigger that paranoia, so they can take a respite from their culture war. Here's hoping more and more content creators remove those "safe spaces".

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
They've been whipped into a paranoia about a leftist agenda infiltrating and subverting their preferred past-time. They probably just want to play games that don't trigger that paranoia, so they can take a respite from their culture war. Here's hoping more and more content creators remove those "safe spaces".

I don't condone their behavior but I believe everyone deserves their safe space. If someone wants to avoid politics then go wild just don't whine when a developer doesn't make every space your (referring to them not you) "safe space". If a developer does make a politically neutral game then that's great too.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I think part of it is trolling and the other part is that the far left is irritating.
1. Trolling is dead when they sound exactly like said people and then wind up turning into exactly how they trolled. I'd use the term irony poisoning for this.
2. The term far left has been used to describe anyone left leaning and as a straw person by the wannabe and actual Nazis of Internet discorse, rather than to people who actually lean that way.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
they think POCs starring in movies and games mean that agenda is being shoved down their racist throats.

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've said this before but if Alien and The Terminator debuted today, these dumbasses would be calling them SJW PC films.

"LMAO ELLEN RIPLEY AND SARAH CONNOR TOTALLY FEMINAZIS HURRRR"

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
They consider gaming to be their safe space, so they are in our space.

Well that's why I mentioend there are games for everyone. Anybody who claims all of gaming to be entirely their own space is wrong. Certain I.Ps? Sure, Certain genres? Knock yourself out but anybody claiming that gaming as whole is their own specific safe space is just going to make things more stressful for themselves. It's the same for books. There are many books and authors I abhor but there are some I love! People can find their own place to discuss the books I hate just as I can find places to discuss the ones I love.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Especially funny (or sad, however you see it) reaction towards Bloodlines. I've recently started playing the original for the first time and it has plenty of politics, sure the Vampire kind but still. But in addition to that, there's a dialogue line directly taking a shot at Republicans. Bartender asks you to confess a sin for a drink, "I voted Republican once", is one of the dialogue options. She responds, that she's not sure what she can do to wash away that sin.

Last edited:

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A world where hateful people don't exist would be ideal but taking away their spaces won't stop them from existing. It will only make them fester.

Given that deplatforming works and that there are actual safe spaces for these assholes (T_D and KiA to name a few) that only help them with their harassment, no, they don't deserve anything.

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
Given that deplatforming works and that there are actual safe spaces for these assholes (T_D and KiA to name a few) that only help them with their harassment, no, they don't deserve anything.

Removing those places will have them migrate to another place. Unless they go total zero tolerance everywhere that's not going to change.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
i don't understand how we have come to . aplace where a lot of people consider being caled a liberal or a SJW - basically trying to care about other pople - is seen as a valid insult

Fuck. them . All

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Removing those places will have them migrate to another place. Unless they go total zero tolerance everywhere that's not going to change.

History has shown that when you deplatform them most of them scattered to the wind. That's the idea of getting rid of their safe spaces, so they'll actually have to engage in places that won't support their bullshit and they won't have a voice.

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
History has shown that when you deplatform them most of them scattered to the wind. That's the idea of getting rid of their safe spaces, so they'll actually have to engage in places that won't support their bullshit and they won't have a voice.

History has also shown they can find other platforms. When those awful subs from Reddit got banned they moved to a toxic alternative. Even if tomorrow every site ever were to ban all of their bullshit those people will still exist.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
History has also shown they can find other platforms. When those awful subs from Reddit got banned they moved to a toxic alternative. Even if tomorrow every site ever were to ban all of their bullshit those people will still exist.
Sure. Of course, they're human cockroaches. But deplatforming reduces their voice and influence. See Alex Jones for example

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah and then you try and get those platforms taken down. It's not easy but nothing worth fighting for is.

And yes those people would still exist but if they can't signal boost their message then they'll be irrelevant.

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and then you try and get those platforms taken down. It's not easy but nothing worth fighting for is.

And yes those people would still exist but if they can't signal boost their message then they'll be irrelevant.

Take one down and another will rise up. It may slow down at one point but they will always exist.

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that garbage SJW/PC rhetoric that crowd forces into conversations, like just because a game is diverse doesn't mean there's some crazy agenda behind it jfc

Those guys need to get outside more

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Especially funny (or sad, however you see it) reaction towards Bloodlines. I've recently started playing the original for the first time and it has plenty of politics, sure the Vampire kind but still. But in addition to that, there's a dialogue line directly taking a shot at Republicans. Bartender asks you to confess a sin for a drink, "I voted Republican once", is one of the dialogue options. She responds that she's not sure what she can do to wash away that sin.

Right? VtMB is political as fuuuuuck.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I was just reading this now, but was someone seriously arguing that WWI wasn't diverse therefore BattleField One was SJW-pandering? Like do I need to point out the WORLD WAR part of the name? Or the Women's Battalion? Or Sofija Jovanović, one of the most decorative soldiers of WW1?