• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So recently I heard a AAA Jurassic Park game is in development, though I'm not sure who is the developer or publisher -- all I know is 'it's the game fans have been hungry for'. So that got me thinking, what type of game would you like to see a narrative driven Jurassic Park game be, and what developer would you like to see tackle it?

Personally, I think something that can learn from games like semi-open hub worlds of the new Tomb Raider games + survival & puzzles over combat aspects of Alien Isolation would be a great fit. Mix platforming, puzzles, and finding tools that allow you to explore news areas and avoid dinosaurs without turning into Turok or something of the sorts. It's not an easy feat, but if coupled with top-notch storytelling I think there could really be something special.

Are there any developers out there that you think could be a perfect fit?

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I dunno, but this better be the front cover.
goldblum_meme_001.jpg

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Chris, don't do this to me. My heart can't take it...
And I second Shinobi, Creative Assembly.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Highly doubt Creative Assembly will be given enough room to develop anything like Alien Isolation, but I'd love to be wrong and echo the favor of them at the reins.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Team Creative Assemble here as well, though I'm not sure first person would be the way to go. I'd love to see some adventure platforming in the mix.

Chris, don't do this to me. My heart can't take it...

Right there with you... but I think this time it won't be unceremoniously canned. AND it's Jurassic PARK - not World.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Team Creative Assemble here as well, though I'm not sure first person would be the way to go. I'd love to see some adventure platforming in the mix.

Right there with you... but I think this time it won't be unceremoniously canned. AND it's Jurassic PARK - not World.
That's all I needed to hear, thank you!

Full disclosure btw, my desk at 343i was covered in Hammond Collection figures and my whole department enjoyed seeing that. Never once missed an episode of Beyond the Gates!
Now all I need is a Hammond Collection Buck and Doe...

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I was confused with the Creative Assembly mention because how does Total War : Jurassic Park work.

A quick googling and they did Alien Isolation ???

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's no way they go against what seems like a "no hurting dinosaurs" clause so that leaves out survival horror or action adventure in any serious sense.

I mean, I could see my idea of a hired team going to clean up the island (tranqs and cages) to get it ready for Jurassic World construction but I just picture fortnite looking characters and personalities and modern gameplay models diluting anything resembling the decades of ideas they could have come up with prior.

Willing to be proven wrong but I don't see any dev I'd trust making a concept I'd want so all that's left is b or c tier devs making jank and modern battle pass shit and glowy guns and 90s neon hats and phanny packs from the JP store with JP bucks.

Unless they hired that Dreams team(?). I'd play that.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Ready At Dawn. Dinosaurs are meant to be viewed in VR and the scale of some of those dinos would be insanely cool to see.

Last edited:

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
The Seattle levels in TLOU2 makes me think Naughty Dog could make a great JP game. Belly crawling through the grass with a raptor chasing you would be awesome.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That's all I needed to hear, thank you!

Full disclosure btw, my desk at 343i was covered in Hammond Collection figures and my whole department enjoyed seeing that. Never once missed an episode of Beyond the Gates!
Now all I need is a Hammond Collection Buck and Doe...
Halo and Jurassic Park are my two favorite things ever and this makes me so happy -- also Halo ViDocs were a HUGE inspiration when I created BtG

We have a big special guest in this months episode btw! Hold out for the episode on YouTube vs Target also, it will be significantly extended.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Insomniac , I want a rubbery wise cracking Chris Pratt to be jumping around wall running and swinging off of the tiny boney arms of t-Rex . All with incredible QTE sequences as I'm hunted by InGen mercenaries in helicopters and on dirt bikes.
All whilst a Jeff Goldblum ( voiced by Troy Baker) appears as a static image in the corner of the screen to tell you your next mission objective and say chaos theory stuff.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So recently I heard a AAA Jurassic Park game is in development, though I'm not sure who is the developer or publisher -- all I know is 'it's the game fans have been hungry for'. So that got me thinking, what type of game would you like to see a narrative driven Jurassic Park game be, and what developer would you like to see tackle it?
it's Jurassic Park Evolution 3
Can't Wait

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Halo and Jurassic Park are my two favorite things ever and this makes me so happy -- also Halo ViDocs were a HUGE inspiration when I created BtG

We have a big special guest in this months episode btw! Hold out for the episode on YouTube vs Target also, it will be significantly extended.
I'll keep my eyes open for sure!

My producer tried to take off with my HC raptor a few times and I had to stop him lol.
I had to donate and give a way a lot when I moved out of the Seattle area but I took my OLED, my 343i team signed XSX, and all my sealed Hammond Collection figures. Priorities.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm still holding out a fools hope for a teaser at the Xbox show on the 11th since that's exactly Jurassic Park's 30th anniversary

Oct 29, 2017
Survival horror/adventure by Naughty Dog. I've always desperately wanted a good modern JP game. Remember the one that was coming for PS2 that got cancelled? Looked great to me as a kid and I remember being so disappointed when it was canned. A modern take on Trespasser could be great.

TranceStation

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2023
I´d love to see a Telltale game based on Jurassic Park with Detroit ( Quantic Dream ) level of production.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Call Nightdive Studios (the people behind the System Shock remake) and tell them to remake Trespasser. The game deserves a second chance.