Status
Not open for further replies.

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
tln_logo.jpg

Since we are approaching E3 I have always wondered what happened to this game?
It was my favourite showing in 2017 due to the Blade Runner schematics but there has been absolutely no news at all about it.

Was it canned? I sure hope not.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Probably still coming. Publisher might not have said a lot about it because of the controversy with the dev

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
It's still on track as far as I know, and I'll be there day one.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be different if you asked the week after this year's E3 if it no showed, but asking now with just 3 days til E3 is silly.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Afaik still going, but there was that whole thing about one of the main devs having some controversial views, like the vision of the dystopian-like future in the game being something along the lines of "the feminists won".

Last I heard about the game was the furor around some of those comments.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a passion project by a small developer. I wouldn't say you should expect it any time soon.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Heard it was just boss fights, so the're taking longer to make it a more fleshed out experience ;)

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
This one really hurts because the art style looks incredible but I really don't want to support the developer behind it.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
It's still in active development and the dev tweets about it I think? I see RTs of his stuff occasionally.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
tln_logo.jpg

Since we are approaching E3 I have always wondered what happened to this game?
It was my favourite showing in 2017 due to the Blade Runner schematics but there has been absolutely no news at all about it.

Was it canned? I sure hope not.
Pretty sure some site did coverage on it like a month or a month and half ago.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always wonder why I have to wait like 5 years for each Final Fantasy but some people think a game is dead when it hasn't shown up in less than a year.

OP
OP
esseesse

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be different if you asked the week after this year's E3 if it no showed, but asking now with just 3 days til E3 is silly.

It's a passion project by a small developer. I wouldn't say you should expect it any time soon.

I can only hope it was quietly cancelled.

I doubt you'll see it on MS's stage this year

I am confused.

Now that you speak of I do remember some controversy. Tim Soret is actually rather active in Twitter but not about the game.

Norgler

Nov 13, 2017
Probably hoping drama about the creator will blow over. But from what I remember the game was supposed to have a story about how feminism is bad for society so eh.. screw that. Going to take a hard pass on this one.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what this game is about, except the controversy about it.

Still having a wait & see aproach.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I can't for the life of me remember which podcast but I remember someone interviewing the dev himself and he said the game was quite far along, and that only the ending and polish remained, but wouldn't give a concrete release date because he was 'scared of getting No Mans Skied' if it was delayed or somethiing along those lines lol

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As others have surmised, I bet it's a ploy to lay low and let people forget about the creators crap statements and views.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I doubt Microsoft would give it stage presence again, after everything came out about the developer. He's probably on his own to promote it himself through smaller outlets now. I'm sure it'll come out, just probably not with much fanfare.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we see more of this weekend, with a release date. One of the games I was most excited for from Microsoft's conference last year.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The like, lead on the game had pro-gamergate and anti-feminist views/tweets/likes, among other things.

"The Gamergate people are for journalistc integrity, honest debate, transparency, inclusiveness, & egalitarianism [sic]," Soret wrote in September 2014, in one of the tweets that prompted the most discussion.

"I'm against feminism, because it's getting more and more skewed," he tweeted just before that, in July 2014. "I am for egalitariasm [sic]. I don't care, boy, girl, alien."

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Hopefully they will show some new trailer and/or gameplay at the Microsoft E3 press conference or the PC Gaming Show. I don't think it's canned in the slightest, they're probably working hard on it as we speak.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
It looks like it could be a lot of fun but I am not sure I will be purchasing it based on premise/devs views.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
ITT we pretend to have forgotten that the dev is a Gator and use that selective memory as an excuse to praise the graphics. Then when people bring up the whole Gator thing we will hem and haw and some version of "it's just a game, man" or "let's play it before we judge it" will get dragged out.

About as subtle as a David Cage game.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, you know exactly what happened.

The disingenuous people in this thread, I swear.

Not everyone follows every piece of gaming news out there, myself included. I remember seeing this game and thinking it had a cool visual style, and haven't heard anything about it since, and honestly had kind of forgotten about it until I saw the name of the game in the thread title. Fuck me I guess?

Afaik still going, but there was that whole thing about one of the main devs having some controversial views, like the vision of the dystopian-like future in the game being something along the lines of "the feminists won".

Thanks for posting some actual information. That's a bummer. I'm sure I'll hear more about it during the inevitable shitstorm if/when this game releases.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ITT we pretend to have forgotten that the dev is a Gator and use that selective memory as an excuse to praise the graphics. Then when people bring up the whole Gator thing we will hem and haw and some version of "it's just a game, man" or "let's play it before we judge it" will get dragged out.

My favorite is the amount of "Looks great, day 1!" posts that will appear 15 pages into said argument.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hoping for some E3 presence

But it seems like a late 2019 game

I can't for the life of me remember which podcast but I remember someone interviewing the dev himself and he said the game was quite far along, and that only the ending and polish remained, but wouldn't give a concrete release date because he was 'scared of getting No Mans Skied' if it was delayed or somethiing along those lines lol
Oh shit!

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably coming still, I just imagine they're trying to figure out what to do with it. The dev got outed as like some kind of anti social justice, gamergate type dude and thatst probably making it pretty hard for the publisher now.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's still going strong and I fully expect it at ms conference this year , I can't wait to see it.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

One of the best posts I've seen here.

At that other forum we had 60 pages of "it's just a game", "I'm waiting to see" and "looks great!!!!!! Day one for sure!"

When you actively avoid having a conversation in a forum because you don't want your beliefs questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.