Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I do think it's unfortunate that two of the strongest, most independent Marvel characters die across Infinity War/Endgame, either being sacrificed by/sacrificed instead of a male character, in exactly the same way, down to the camerawork and music.

I get why they did it, I also totally get how that choice can be criticised. It's not fridging, it's just not a fantastic look.
I think the death of Gamora can be considered fridging - especially in comparison to Widow's.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Well that episode took the series in a different direction than expected, lol. I wonder if the Watcher will only call upon Perfectly Ultimate Great Strange, or if we'll get some sort of Multiversal Avengers (is there an actual team in the comics that lines up with that?).

Also, are we to infer that Kang and his variants are more powerful than Infinity Ultron or the Watcher? Or at least does that hold true in the comics, generally? Is Kang able to entirely negate the power of the Infinity Stones by power alone, or is it tied to TVA being infinitely old and discovering how to negate them? Or is Kang/the TVA just so far removed from the Multiverse and even the world of the Watcher that they just don't have power there by effect?

Ultron Vs Alioth

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's only ever been the case in the comics. Otherwise the entire premise of Endgame doesn't work.

Thank you!

I was wondering if I was the only sane person here. Did basically nobody pay any attention at all to Endgame? Damn comic book nerds. The entire thing hinged on grabbing alternate realities versions of the stones and of course they work in both other timelines and other Dimensions (See : E.g. Dr. Strange 1).

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite part of the episode was Ultron eating an entire galaxy. Cmon, that was just awesome.
For real, that was some comic book ass shit right there.

And man I actually really loved Hawkeye and Widow in this episode, like I never really cared for either in the movies but I was invested in the here. Loved the Watcher becoming more and more incredulous about Clint not looking at the right box right next to him.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the Thor episode (always glad to see more Howard the Duck), but the Ultron one was even better. This second half has some really good eps and now they are bringing back dark Dr Strange? Hyped for next weeks episode that's for sure. The action in this series I feel has been consistently excellent. I'm glad another season is coming, definitely cant wait to see what they do next.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Great episode

really cant wait to see what the animators do with an evil doctor strange vs ultron fighting across galaxies

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had took the Loki episode to show that the 'stones only work in their universe' comics thing applies to the MCU, but I guess not.

which begs the question why are the stones in Loki the way they are?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I had took the Loki episode to show that the 'stones only work in their universe' comics thing applies to the MCU, but I guess not.

The story answer would be something like the TVA exists outside of the multiverse (e.g. what effect can the Time Stone have in a place where time doesn't flow?). The real life answer is the What If and Loki writers weren't exactly sharing notes.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Probably because the TVA exists outside of normal spacetime. They can still channel the cosmic energy they need to work regardless of which universe they're in, but not if where they are supposedly lacks that energy.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Comic fans: "Infinity stones shouldn't work outside their own universe!"
Marvel Studios:
67649856.jpg

People be tripping themselves up for literal years when the far simpler and honestly for-the-best answer is that the MCU multiverse is its own thing disconnected from the rest of the Marvel canon. It is as much a part of the official Marvel Comics multiverse as DC's multiverse is.

Shit, Arrowverse fans didn't shit themselves like when they did their own Earth-1 and Earth-2 and expanded their own multiverse far beyond the core 52, this isn't that hard.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Holy shit Ultron is insane in this ep. Really excited to see how this wraps up - it's been a fun ride.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really missed quippy Spader Ultron in this.

Is that why Ultron won in this universe? Because he wasn't a quip-bot?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean You're assuming it's not just Ultron himself evolved by the stones into a cosmic powered being. Remember he can store any amount of their energy unlike organic beings and even remodeled himself with it

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I was thinking the same thing. He goes from a one movie "monster of the week" type villain to a threat so dangerous that he decides to start destroying planets and dimensions just for the heck of it.

Given unlimited power Ultron would indeed cause unlimited destruction and chaos, that's what makes him so much more dangerous than someone like Thanos who has specific goals and can actually be reasoned with.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean You're assuming it's not just Ultron himself evolved by the stones into a cosmic powered being. Remember he can store any amount of their energy unlike organic beings and even remodeled himself with it

Thats a really interesting point. As a being made of flesh and vibranium, he can handle their power in a way that nobody else we've seen so far can.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018

This is how i looked at it. Ultron has incorperated the stones into his very being and able to perform acts that even Thanos with the stones couldn't do. He has basically become a living infinity gauntlet run by an AI. That energy being stored within him probably allows him to break any restriction the stones have.

Hell him existing might be why the TVA has the robot scanner in the first place. Ultron getting access to TVA tech would be a disaster.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love the inconsistency on the usage of "Marvel's" on those figures, lol. I get why it's done, but it just looks so odd when laid out like that.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Not the first time they have done something like this. I remember the exact same thing with a ¿Sentinel? and mutant figures quite a bit ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Now this is some serious bullshit haha.
Not the first time they have done something like this. I remember the exact same thing with a ¿Sentinel? and mutant figures quite a bit ago.
Nearly every Marvel Legends line has a build a figure. It's annoying at times but a tradition going back to the ToyBiz ones in the early 00s.

The one where Jubilee was the BAF was the most annoying. To be fair though they've gotten much much better at making the build a figure related to the line, i.e. XMen lines have a mutant or other related figure where before it was some random shit where you had to buy the Punisher or Bullseye to complete Man-Thing or some such.

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
this episode really make me want a new Marvel fighting game. Infinity Ultron and The Watcher looks like they could be really fun character to play as, lol

Hell, base the next Marvel VS around "What If..." It'd be the perfect premise for introducing character variants ala Mortal Kombat X and XI. Gimme Copter Blade Thanos and Mjolnir Cap alongside Infinity Ultron

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanos was also well ahead of schedule here, like 2-3 years assuming a similar timeline to our own. So yeah, must have been a very different story for just about every stone - like, Xandar and Asgard are still around to get blown up by Ultron despite Thanos having the Power and Space stones.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Magic also doesn't work at the TVA.

Does that mean magic only works in its own universe?

No.

what?

Probably because the TVA exists outside of normal spacetime. They can still channel the cosmic energy they need to work regardless of which universe they're in, but not if where they are supposedly lacks that energy.

yeah, i suppose that would be a good angle. though i guess it would also mean they wouldn't work once he hit the Watcher's bachelor pad

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
yeah, i suppose that would be a good angle. though i guess it would also mean they wouldn't work once he hit the Watcher's bachelor pad

Possibly...his space where he looks into other universes appears to be in between them rather than entirely outside them. We don't know for sure based on the information provided in Loki so far but it seems to me the TVA exists in some sort of pocket dimension specifically outside the realm of spacetime.

It's not something I'm too concerned about though lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, base the next Marvel VS around "What If..." It'd be the perfect premise for introducing character variants ala Mortal Kombat X and XI. Gimme Copter Blade Thanos and Mjolnir Cap alongside Infinity Ultron
Capcom's positively salivating at all the DLC costumes they can sell for such a game. And Id buy them all lol.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly...his space where he looks into other universes appears to be in between them rather than entirely outside them. We don't know for sure based on the information provided in Loki so far but it seems to me the TVA exists in some sort of pocket dimension specifically outside the realm of spacetime.

It's not something I'm too concerned about though lol

yeah, I just liked that scene in Loki and thought it was cool if that's what it was a nod to, but who knows.