Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't, just stumbled upon this on twitter and thought it fit the thread due to how crazy it was
I don't really feel like it's adding anything new to the discussion, yet sets us up for another page of the old man romanticising sex with teens and demanding people adhere to his outdated and dangerous views.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
The "rule" I was taught growing up was half of your current age + seven being the minimum. I.E. If you're 30 divided in half is 15 + 7 = 22 is the minimum age generally society should not look at you funny. 50 is 25 + 7, etc. etc.

EDIT: Looks like multiple people have already posted this.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I don't really feel like it's adding anything new to the discussion, yet sets us up for another page of the old man romanticising sex with teens and demanding people adhere to his outdated and dangerous views.
True but I meant to add that this is the stuff I was baffled by , not by what LL guy is saying

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The "rule" I was taught growing up was half of your current age + seven being the minimum. I.E. If you're 30 divided in half is 15 + 7 = 22 is the minimum age generally society should not look at you funny. 50 is 25 + 7, etc. etc.

I'm sure Mrs Decitrig isn't the only one who would be offended by this ridiculous equation.

True but I meant to add that this is the stuff I was baffled by , not by what LL guy is saying

I know. I'm not really interested in these tiny age gaps between adults, which are for some reason so emotive for some. What really interests me is the topic of ageism, particularly the assumption that older people have some weird ulterior motive for seeking a younger partner, other than the obvious ones such as youth and vigour.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure Mrs Decitrig isn't the only one who would be offended by this ridiculous equation.
As far as you've posted before she's in her 70s and you're in your 60s so I fail to see, outside of this repeat need to make everything about you, how it's applicable.
—
I know. I'm not really interested in these tiny age gaps between adults, which are for some reason so emotive for some. What really interests me is the topic of ageism, particularly the assumption that older people have some weird ulterior motive for seeking a younger partner, other than the obvious ones such as youth and vigour.
It isn't ageism you fucking dullard because the issue isn't the age, it's the inherent things that come as a consequence of age when met against someone who's only just turned an adult. It's been repeated ad nauseam that the dynamic doesn't necessitate abuse, but is more susceptible to it. The issue isn't someone disliking the idea of older people finding younger people attractive.

You've gone for homophobia, then misogyny, then racism, now ageism. All thrown at people as being the actual reason they dislike people 40+ chasing teenagers for relationships.

This tactic of reframing the argument to something completely different is tired. Your perspective and views on things are dangerous. Your compulsion to spend ten pages demanding no one find the dynamic suspicious at all, ever, is fucking suspect. Not your thought that young people can be attractive.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've been ignoring this person for some time. At what point does repeatedly attacking another poster with repetitive content become bannable?
I'm not sure, but I'm not going to stop countering the same arguments and tactics you've been repeating for pages just because you put them on a new page. You promote a dangerous mindset and one that I really don't want to see presented without a counter - especially without some wider context of your winding rambles and bizarre equivalences.

This is a serious matter despite your repeat whimsical recounting of your past lovers, adoration of teenage bodies and demand that no-one show any concern to the dynamic.

This path through criticising the law to relying on it, saying you're suspicious because of homophobia but then people really have an issue with women having agency, or throwing nods to people having issues with mixed-race couples. Now it's ageism you're clinging to as the actual issue people have. You don't actually have an argument, you just have an ardent dislike of being told that people 60+, like yourself, perhaps shouldn't be chasing teenagers for relationships.

Last edited:

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
You promote a dangerous mindset [...]

Yes, apparently the notion that adults can freely associate and determine their own private lives is dangerous.

Do you wonder why I put you and another poster on ignore? Every time I give you a chance and look at your posts I see yet more raving. I've been in an age gap marriage, we're in our thirty-fifth year and I'm conscious that this marriage is probably much older than the median age of posters on this forum.

I'll give you one chance. Post your best evidence against age gap relationships like mine.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I don't care for one. You've long since proven you're not arguing in good faith. As was said to you half the thread ago, the hilarious thing is that you believe you're fooling anyone.

Okay this is just weird. Do you really, honestly believe I'm lying about my location, my family history or anything? I regularly mention the names of streets in my local area, talk in real time about my two adult kids who both live with us, one on a PhD and the other living with severe autism. I've described my early sex life, and my marriage to Mrs Decitrig.

All of this is true. Why do you think I'm lying?

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I've dated on both extreme ends of the age spectrum. Like any relationship, if you let outsiders' opinions affect how you're supposed to feel, you're doing a disservice to yourself and the person you're dating.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Go on, give it a go. Try to encapsulate what problems you think might exist in a relationship like mine.
Your constant reframing of the concern is as transparent as everything else.
I'm not gaslighting, but continue to throw these terms around.

I have a genuine concern for young people that are favoured by much older people looking to be in serious relationships. All I've said is that I'll side-eye it when I see it and remain aware and sceptical. If that bothers you, it bothers you.

As said before I'm glad you've had positive experiences but you're taking a general concern and cracking your back in applying it to yourself, when it already accounts for such relationships working out.
As far as you've posted before she's in her 70s and you're in your 60s so I fail to see, outside of this repeat need to make everything about you, how it's applicable.

Last edited:

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I've dated on both extreme ends of the age spectrum. Like any relationship, if you let outsiders' opinions affect how you're supposed to feel, you're doing a disservice to yourself and the person you're dating.

Funny thing is, I don't think I've ever encountered any adverse comment in my entire marriage, and only one memorable incident of being mistaken for her son (which we both laughed over.) Seeing this bilge about predation is very upsetting. Love doesn't work like that.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

This is a bit weird

The rule I mean

Basically if you apply this to a 20 year old, then the total comes to 17...which uhh would be creepy - even worse for 19 year old 😂