• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llazy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era what do you think is the most overrated game ever?
My pick is FF7 people say it's the second coming of christ in RPG form where it's just a standard rpg with a story full of plot holes, and and it's one of the most easiest rpg's i've ever played.
Second pick would go to Last Of Us a game with a good story but the gameplay is really a let down.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
"overrated" is dumb and basically translates to "I don't like thing as much as others".

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
NONE. The term overrated is disrespectful to others opinions TBH.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield. The campaign is terrible and so is the multiplayer. It's in an awkward spot between the fast paced CoD and the slow paced Rainbow Six.

npclivesmatter

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2018
the first bioshock. great game. 8-8.5/10

not worthy of a top 10 or even top 50 title of last gen

also gta 4 but thats a whole another shit show. everyone started questioning review sites after that game

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
In the literal sense (review ratings) I don't think anything managed to top the sheer hyperbole surrounding DKC1. What with one magazine giving it more than 100/100 and all.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
They don't exist. There are only amazing games that get torn down on enthusiast forums.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you make this thread?
For the record, Final Fantasy 7 and The Last of Us are both amazing games. Your not liking them doesn't make them "overrated".

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sorry OP but these threads generally devolve into "overrated" meaning "popular game I don't like".

Oct 30, 2017
OP picked up my Favorite game of all time ( Final Fantasy VII ) and then my 2nd favorite game of all time ( The Last of Us ).

So my pick would be this thread :p

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Well for me, since I can't speak for everyone, it's Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 with it's 98 Metascore.

I've also never played it, so go figure!

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Halo franchise, Uncharted franchise, The Last of Us, Super Mario <Anything after that>, Nier (the first one, which is boring ass shitty game), Silent Hill franchise aside from Shattered Memories, RE4, GTA, should I move on or just shut up?

Oct 25, 2017
For me it has to be the Witcher 3, i love the game, but reading some people opinions on the game makes me almost hate it because of how overrated it is, i know is not the best behavior but i can't help it lol.

"overrated" is dumb and basically translates to "I don't like thing as much as others".
What is a better way of saying "I don't like this game as much as the majority of people do" than overrated.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I'll go with this.
It's a completely worthless word which is used to try and put someone's interest or love of something to shame.
I can't take anyone who uses it seriously at all.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2.

I just thought I would get in there early, before anybody else because it seems to be a thing these days to try and be the first to make an edgy opinion on a popular game. Sorry guys, I've got this one wrapped up. Get on my level.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Era what do you think is the most overrated game ever?
My pick is FF7 people say it's the second coming of christ in RPG form where it's just a standard rpg with a story full of plot holes, and and it's one of the most easiest rpg's i've ever played.
Second pick would go to Last Of Us a game with a good story but the gameplay is really a let down.

I don't like Final Fantasy 7 or Last of Us at all, but I think your thread needs to be reworded. I think the word "overrated" leads to shitposting on both sides.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ocarina of Time, especially since the metacritic has barely any reviews and is missing several that would bring it down.

GTA I believe sells on name alone these days, any other game with such outdated mechanics would be ripped to shreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.