Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Honorable mention to all CW "my name is oliver queen" and shit that is not exactly an intro but it is a pain in the ass

www.youtube.com

All Arrowverse Intros - Arrow 1-7, Flash 1-5, Supergirl 1-4 & Legends 1-4

As of March 2019. TIMESTAMPS: 0:00: Arrow Season 1 0:32: Arrow Season 2 0:59: Arrow Season 3 1:29: Arrow Season 4 1:38: Arrow Season 5 and Season 6B 1:57: Ar...

Girlfriends' theme feels like a parody.

And what if the parody is made by 15 year olds ?

youtu.be

Shasta

The first scene and intro of Shasta Mcnasty. One of the best show never released on DVD

Aug 27, 2018
MASH's intro was enough to get me to change the channel literally every time it came on
I feel like it robbed me of what I hear is a decent TV show.

IIRC, the song is even called "Suicide is Painless" i mean wtf is that shit. What kid wants to listen to that after a long day of school.

When I was a kid this song playing basically meant, oh it's time to go to bed now.

Nov 2, 2017
The correct answer is Deep Space Nine.

Look, I don't care what you feel about that show, the intro suuuuuuuuucks. It's the worst theme tune of any Trek show, and it's a slow, endlessly repeating visual pan around a space station that is dogshit brown against a blank space background. WHY IS IT TWO MINUTES LONG? omfg no

I think DS9 is objectively better than Voyager, as I've finished all of DS9 and 20 years later I'm still only a couple of seasons into Voyager, but Voyager's intro is incredible by comparison.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This thread started out kind of weak, but started bringing the heat in the last few posts

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
MASH's intro was enough to get me to change the channel literally every time it came on

IIRC, the song is even called "Suicide is Painless" i mean wtf is that shit. What kid wants to listen to that after a long day of school.

This is one of the wrongest first posts in the history of anything.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't know where people stand with this but I'm currently making my way through Buffy for the first time and that intro is awful. Very glad I can skip it on Amazon with a click.

You, me, outside. Now

Seriously... buffy intro is PURE HYPE and it gets better with each season ... around season 3~4 it reached opening awesomeness and it only keeps fitting more awesome moments culminating in season 6 (season 7 kinda looses a bit because of specially the last shot)

But seriouysly anything with that song would be pure hype

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

+1 to this. As a kid, I was like NO WAY. Wish I had stuck around to see the show, people said it was great.
Wild. This shows an impressive generational divide or perhaps how a distinct intro can grow on you.

The open bars of Suicide is Painless can certainly be a downer, you don't get pumped, but you do get ready to feel. Fitting for a show about how people cope with the horrors of war through dark humor.

The song already had pop culture penetration due to the movie so it was a natural fit to capitalize on the nostalgia.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

The correct answer is Deep Space Nine.

Look, I don't care what you feel about that show, the intro suuuuuuuuucks. It's the worst theme tune of any Trek show, and it's a slow, endlessly repeating visual pan around a space station that is dogshit brown against a blank space background. WHY IS IT TWO MINUTES LONG? omfg no

I think DS9 is objectively better than Voyager, as I've finished all of DS9 and 20 years later I'm still only a couple of seasons into Voyager, but Voyager's intro is incredible by comparison.

The DS9 intro is so insanely dull, yeah.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017

Homeland

2 minutes of the most aimless noodle-y jazz interspersed with random quotes from the show and real life quotes from intelligence officials and also the visuals are people in masks in a maze sometimes turned upside down to be S P O O K Y

"We have a bunch of photos of Claire Danes as a kid with pianos and trumpets and shit, how can we work that into her character?"

"Maybe she can pop into a jazz bar for a drink one time?"

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Easy, Degrassi. The opening theme for that show changed almost every single season and it only got worse each season. The first season's opening still reigns supreme.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Battlestar Galactica,
I honestly don't remember much about the actual BSG intro but I must admit I'm a huge sucker for that show's music direction with the percussion and stuff.

What made the BSG intro really terrible is the fact that they would actually spoil what was coming up in that week's episode during the intro... Like seriously, who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
The worst intro is clearly the intro to Girlfriends.

Suicide is Painless burns my soul. It's unfathomable to me that someone would not like the MASH intro.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
This is blaemous to say, but I hate the theme song for Darkwing Duck and Talespin. I beloved both shows, but the song itself was just annoying, especially Talespin which I avoided watching due to the song for a few years until I watch it and loved it. That said Ducktales and Chip & Dale are the shit. Especially these varients.

A more legit awful theme song and not me just not liking the music is the intro to the Goliath Chronicles. The original Gargoyles is a great show that still holds up today and it had a awesome theme song. Not so much the follow up series that had other issues going for it like losing Greg Wisemen.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these shows you people posted are a little off or didn't age well, but none of it is as bad as The Most Generic TV Show Intro of All Time

Chippewa Barr