• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I seriously wanted to be drinking the same cool-aid as everyone who keeps saying Spyro and DMC5 are a sure thing. There were no leaks nor evidence of anything of the sort so far.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
Phil Spencer is NOT the savior despite otherwise being openly proclaimed by his zealots

:P

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Crash N-Sane Trilogy before it was annouced

Was this really a secret? Sony was teasing it for years. Like since the PS4 launch.

crash-bandicoot-street-sign.jpg

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously wanted to be drinking the same cool-aid as everyone who keeps saying Spyro and DMC5 are a sure thing. There were no leaks nor evidence of anything of the sort so far.
DmC: Definitive Edition and DMC4: Special Edition sold well though, the original VA's are dropping hints like crazy and Itsuno is working on a 'big project' so I'm 100% certain DMCV is coming

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima's fake studio was pretty dumb once they had Konami employees walking around wearing the Moagrin shirts.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
VA's are dropping hints like crazy
The leak thread showed a bunch of posts from these VA, but none of them were hints of anything other than they've worked on DMC game before and would like to work again, at least what I saw felt like this. I mean, if you check David Hayter's twitter feed, you'll see him openly referencing MGS on a regular basis, but in no way those are "hints" of anything.

MetalLord

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Besides Inafune, there's also Yuji Naka, who was once universally considered "The Father of Sonic" and was basically hailed as the Miyamoto of Sega. In reality, Naka only programmed Sonic - the character was designed by Naoto Ohshima (who went on to helm Artoon/Arzest) and the game was designed by Hirokazu Yasuhara (who actually worked at Naughty Dog for a time and worked on some of the Mario and Donkey Kong games), and neither of these things were really well-known until the 2000s. Supposedly, Naka had a massive ego and caused a ton of conflict at Sega, including driving Yasuhara out of Sonic Team and having him work for other teams at Sega. There are plenty stories of Naka being difficult to work with, which probably counts as a "worst kept secret."

For what it's worth though, it does seem like he's mellowed as he got older and he has since mended ties with Yasuhara and Ohshima. You don't see him doing shit like this anymore:

Ironic how full of bugs the Adventure games are, the programming is the worst part of sonic

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone and their mom knew Fallout 4 was on its way before it's official announcement

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
The Starbreeze Syndicate game was known about from day zero, I feel.

The Firaxis XCOM reboot was also an open secret for a while, which made the 2K VP's comments about turn-based strategy being a dead genre seem even stupider than they already were.