• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Having time to just experiment in the kitchen.
A family day trip out.
Having the house to myself occasionally.
Visiting my family.
Getting into town before everything's open, buying a bacon, sausage and egg baguette and just having a wander around whilst it's relatively quiet.
A glass or two of wine with my wife while we watch Death in Paradise!

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This.

_102622260_goldenone.jpg

This makes me happy.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
To crash my enemies, to see them driven before me....and to hear the lamination of their women.

Nowadays...just hold my new born son and walk the supermarket. I had 2+ months off thanks to NYS's new Paid Family Leave policy. We went to our parents homes I basically did that everyday.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
- Having enough money to make sure everything is accounted for

- Being around those who actually care about me

...I don't have either. I can count a few times I was ever happy.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not having to wake up at 5:30am
Eating a big lunch

Those are the only things I can say definitively make me happy. I don't have very many sources of excitement.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I saw this thread a few times and I hesitated to respond because I was afraid it would sound insincere. There are lots of things that make me happy, but the most pertinent of them all (at least in regards to this thread) is ResetEra itself. This forum makes me happy and it means a lot to me.

It's a community that shouldn't exist. Not just due to the circumstances of its launch but we are an old-fashioned forum on an internet that doesn't have a lot of room for sites in this format. Through the labor and dedication of both the people around me and before me, this forum exists for people like me who would never feel at home anywhere else. I use other websites too of course but this community is the only one I've ever felt like I belonged to. This is our place. It's something I take a lot of pride in.

A community of this size has its problems, but I would take our worst days here over the worst days anywhere else. I've seen us change a lot. I've seen new people come in, I've seen old people phase out, but I've connected with folks from all over the world with all kinds of identities and backgrounds that I never would have met otherwise. I've made friends I'd have never known that now I can't imagine not knowing. This website gives me a place to go, and people to care about, and something to serve. Nowhere else on the internet has ever done that for me. I'm really not sure what I would do without it.

Admittedly, there is something pretty lame about having such strong sentimentality for a gaming forum. For a lot of people this is probably just a casual news source where people are kinda mean to each other that doesn't fill any sort of emotional void by existing. But that's what it is for me, and that's why I'm here, and that's why it makes me happy.

If this is too cringey for you, I also love pizza rolls and dipping them in A.1. Steak Sauce. Feed me those until I die. I don't care how degenerate it is to microwave a whole bag and eat them for breakfast. This is my self care.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
There are lots of things that make me happy, but the most pertinent of them all (at least in regards to this thread) is ResetEra itself.

I also love pizza rolls and dipping them in A.1. Steak Sauce. Feed me those until I die. I don't care how degenerate it is to microwave a whole bag and eat them for breakfast. This is my self care.

Well now, pizza rolls, A .1 Steak Sauce and Reset Era altogether then.

Impetuous Imp

Oct 27, 2017
So... this probably isn't the point of the thread, but my answer to this is "I do." As in, I firmly believe that I make the choice to find happiness in lots of different things, and I can make the choice to alter my perception/experience of something in order to find happiness, or at least peace, in it. That, and I try not to place the responsibility for my happiness on other things/people.

So to be more in line with both the thread topic as well as what I just said, the list is almost endless - my family, my hobbies, a great margarita, a freshly cleaned kitchen, a warm cozy sweater on a winter day. I'm generally a pretty happy person, or at least content, not because everything goes great in my life or I have no stress or I'm easily amused/entertained, but because I actively try stay mindful and search for ways to find happiness with everything.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
In no order:

My 2 healthy & smart kids
My hot & successful wife
My career
My pets (1 dog & 2 cats....mainly my dog though)
A good meal
My online haters who follow me around hoping I slip up (y'all know who you are 😘)
My reliable plug for THC cartridges

I'm a simple man. Doesn't take much to make me happy

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I saw this thread a few times and I hesitated to respond because I was afraid it would sound insincere. There are lots of things that make me happy, but the most pertinent of them all (at least in regards to this thread) is ResetEra itself. This forum makes me happy and it means a lot to me.

It's a community that shouldn't exist. Not just due to the circumstances of its launch but we are an old-fashioned forum on an internet that doesn't have a lot of room for sites in this format. Through the labor and dedication of both the people around me and before me, this forum exists for people like me who would never feel at home anywhere else. I use other websites too of course but this community is the only one I've ever felt like I belonged to. This is our place. It's something I take a lot of pride in.

A community of this size has its problems, but I would take our worst days here over the worst days anywhere else. I've seen us change a lot. I've seen new people come in, I've seen old people phase out, but I've connected with folks from all over the world with all kinds of identities and backgrounds that I never would have met otherwise. I've made friends I'd have never known that now I can't imagine not knowing. This website gives me a place to go, and people to care about, and something to serve. Nowhere else on the internet has ever done that for me. I'm really not sure what I would do without it.

Admittedly, there is something pretty lame about having such strong sentimentality for a gaming forum. For a lot of people this is probably just a casual news source where people are kinda mean to each other that doesn't fill any sort of emotional void by existing. But that's what it is for me, and that's why I'm here, and that's why it makes me happy.

If this is too cringey for you, I also love pizza rolls and dipping them in A.1. Steak Sauce. Feed me those until I die. I don't care how degenerate it is to microwave a whole bag and eat them for breakfast. This is my self care.
Not corny at all, it's hard to put yourself out there with sincerity but it will always be appreciated here. Thank you and the other mods for helping to provide a place on the internet I feel happy to call a home

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me! I make me happy.

There's an almost infinite amount of things that make me happy, but I'm at the very top followed by life itself :)

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sleeping in my bed
Eating out on cheat days
My little brother
Comfort food
Winning in smash

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Eating food, playing video games, sleeping, cold weather, rainy weather, windy weather, snow, hail, watching Star Trek, reading stupid stuff on the internet, people, music, plush animals, walking around looking at things, hiking, horses, thinking about Mount & Blade come to mind.