Who is the real King? (Only had 7 choices)

• Titanic

Votes: 69 8.6%
  • Avengers: Endgame

Votes: 180 22.4%
  • The Godfather

Votes: 187 23.3%
  • Jaws

Votes: 60 7.5%
  • Star Wars (Episode IV)

Votes: 173 21.5%
  • ET

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 124 15.4%

• Total voters

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Avengers-Assemble-Avengers-Endgame-2019-avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-42783079-540-259.gif

original.gif
Hulk looks small there

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
As someone who has watched all of these movies:

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Godfather
3. Star Wars
5. Titanic
5. Avengers: Endgame
6. The Sound of Music
7. Jaws
8. E.T. the Extra Terrestrial
9. Avatar
10. Gone with the Wind

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If w'ere talking purely about cinematic quality, it's The Godfather, and every other choice is irrelevant.

Eh, the question is asking about "favorite"

That's got nothing to do with any artistic merit and is really more just a matter of what anyone likes

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
The Godfather.

It's strictly business, nothing personal.

Whoever disagree..........imma gonna invite you to sleep with the fishes with Luca Brasi.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Between Jaws and Jurassic Park for me. I'm always happy to watch either but I think Jaws is the better film so I'll go with that.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Titanic, endgame and jurassic park are at the top for me.

E.T was so bleak and so stressful as a movie, and the old Star wars movies haven't aged well at all.

Sound of music is legendary too.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I had to vote for Endgame because it's the one I personally liked the most but at least 4 of the movies on that list are super close. Tough choice.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Godfather. Then Endgame. Then star wars. Then Jurassic Park. Then jaws. Then titanic. Then Et. Avatar being dead last

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
As a film Godfather probably is the best of the bunch. But lord if it doesnt put me to sleep like 20 minutes in with its pacing and tone.

My favourite is Star Wars and Jurassic Park. Pure entertainment.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oh it's personal favorite ? Oh that's easier then
1) Godfather
2)JP
3) Star Wars
4)Close Encounters of the 3rd kind*
* I know it not a choice but this film should get more way love
5) Jaws
6) Titanic
7) Gone with the wind
8) Endgame
9) Sound of Music ( thats not Westside Story )
10) Avatar

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
The first Star Wars is genuinely one of the best movies ever made. It would be my pick from this list, then Jurassic Park I really enjoy too, then ET.

I liked Endgame but I wouldn't even rank it top tier Marvel.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Jaws gets my vote (it's up there for one of my favorites of all time). Godfather is right behind. Then maybe Titanic and Star Wars. Then ET and JP. Endgame ain't even on my radar.

Jan 10, 2018
Titanic by a extremely wide margin. Popcorn cinema, has something to say, great acting, big budget put to great use.

There was a better Star Wars movie, Avengers doesn't stand on his own at all, there are plenty better better mafia movies, Jruassic Park undercuts its own message hard... Gotta give ET credit. Its not a "there will be never anything like it" achievement like Titanic, but its kinda close sadly

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure half the posters on era's parents weren't even alive when the godfather came out lol.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The Godfather
Star Wars
Jurassic Park
Jaws

Seriously, it's kinda ridiculous the pool results are so close, The Godfather is easily much better than Endgame or even Star Wars.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Easily Star Wars or Jurassic Park.

Titanic was great too. It deserved its success.

Endgame is just a mainstream flavor of the week. It aint no Jurassic Park and it sure as shit ain't no fucking Star Wars lol.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more interested in a list of which one is the worst. I honestly don't believe people will look favourably on Endgame in a few years, a bit like how most Avatar talk has turned 180 degrees from what it was in 2009.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Godfather 1&2 are the pinnacle of cinema to me so it's an immediate no contest whenever they are in competition with anything.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
The Godfather is easily the best movie on that list, if I had to rank them it would be

1. The Godfather
2. E.T.
3. Jaws
4. Jurassic Park
5. Titanic
6. Star Wars
7. Avatar
8. Endgame

Can't comment on Sound of Music or Gone with the Wind because I haven't seen them. Anyway, the recency bias in the poll is crazy

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
bruh sound of music may be widely adored but it didn't even crack the top 200 IMDB movies

Its 8.0 IMDB rating would probably put it somewhere in the 200-300 range. Its not much different on RT or metacritic, still hanging way outside the 100 range.

Still beloved, however. I suspect IMDB only i intersects with only so much of an audience anyway: we suggesting it's a foolproof representative metric for the popularity of all films? Curiously zero sum game given this is about personal favourites.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Jaws is still the best blockbuster and it's not even close, and the the most perfect example of modern Hollywood filmmaking. Can't believe Jurassic "Jaws but not as good" Park has more votes, let alone fucking Endgame. The Godfather is also obviously amazing and worthy of its place in the poll but I gotta go with Jaws for this.