• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
ERA, reddit, and SomethingAwful. SA is the best for games I play long-term but prefer ERA and reddit for zeitgeist and news stuff.

Windrunner

Sly
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just Retro Game Boards as an active member. Sometimes a retro related Reddit just to look at pickup photos or modding stuff.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Civ Fanatics and Reddit. Both places have always answered any questions I've had. I lurk there mostly like how I lurk here mostly. Reddit is great as more than likely a game you like might well have a dedicated sub for memes for it. I enjoy NewVegasMemes a whole lot. Civmemes too. Reddit gets a bad rap but that is because there are a lot of cunts there but being you tailor Reddit to yourself you would only come into contact with them if you choose to.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Now I want to check out retro game boards. Retro games make up almost half my diet.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Just here. If Reddit counts then technically that too but it's just something I flip through on my phone from time to time, with a small number of subs. This is the only forum I'm aware of that's at least vaguely progressive, and also actually moderates. I used to visit GameFAQs and one other forum regularly but once I saw how much better this place was I abandoned them. I also post a lot more on here than I did on the other ones, it's nice to actually feel some degree of comfort doing that.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to but i don't understand discord and reddit is so confusing.
I still go to reddit a lot but i don't really browse for long or even comment.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Those who say gaf are probably members who stayed there but left because of how dead it is and couldn't ignore where the real party is at

Oct 25, 2017
Here, discord, reddit and sometimes gamefaqs

Those who say gaf are probably members who stayed there but left because of how dead it is and couldn't ignore where the real party is at
people that post or browse /vg/ and GAF confuse me, those places are... well, places i wouldnt go.

I sometimes go to reddit but there is a lack of neuron activity there.
thats some weird elitism

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retrogameboards is good. It just needs a few more people, especially fans of the really retro stuff from the early '80s and before.

I still post at TNL (www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/forum) which has been around for 20 or so years. It was pretty big in the early 2000s after tons of people migrated from the GameGO! (magazine by ex-Gamefan people) boards but now it's kind of a ghost town.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
None. Started out posting on GameTrailers back in the day, then moved to GAF, then for obvious reasons over here. I don't "play the field", as it were, when it comes to posting about video games.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm as active in here as I am in Meta Council.

Other than that, I also regularly visit Reddit and Steam forums for more niche games that barely have any attention in both Era and MC.

Nerix

Oct 27, 2017
Frontier Forums for Elite Dangerous, nice community. Sometimes still 4players, a German game site where I used to be quite active (but that's a long time ago).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Launchbox forums because I use Launchbox, IGN because I browse the Vestibule still.

Other than that, it's here and Reddit. But I hate Reddit's format, so I grate my nerves every time I'm on it. Such a shitty way of keeping track of comments and conversations.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
GameFAQs - I don't think I'll ever abandon that place, I go there more often than any other gaming site.

I frequent Reddit when it comes to games I'm currently playing but I don't post a lot, and popularity upvoting can bury decent threads that I'd otherwise be interested in. The format isn't great, as the TheMadTitan mentioned above. I post in various Discord servers too if that counts.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
RPG Codex mostly. Used to visit GameFAQs but the PC board went down.

Reddit if that counts.

Oct 28, 2017
Mostly here for the time being but I'm feeling myself grow bored with gaming more and more lately and have recently picked up book reading/collecting. I find it much more enjoyable to sit and relax and let the pages tell me an awesome story without having to hold a damn controller.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
I joined gaf around 2008 and migrated to here since last year. Somehow I cannot access reddit cause it got blocked in my country.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the Neogaf posts. I understand if it was just that one thing and people don't want to leave their communities behind but EvL has really become the thing his forum used to reject.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Anyone know any good reddit communities(games, tv, movies). The main subs are just news and meme aggregators(which are fine too)

Also interesting. You get some interesting results when you google resetera..

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The discussions are usually less one sided there and the moderation is less ott.
You wanna elaborate that point or are you just gonna leave that dogwhistle hanging
I visit both places on occasion and generally I find the discussions about games over there tend to stay on track about the games. Here they get derailed into other issues

I also find it more hostile on Resetera at times
Let me guess, you "just want to talk about games"

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Something Awful, though I go here for news since SA's gaming forum is 99% mega threads. The community at SA is less crazy though, sorry y'all. I also go to Sonic Retro for Sonic related stuff but I haven't been recently.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't post much on Forums at all anymore, mostly Reddit, but occasionally go to

IGN on the Football Board
DayOnePatch
GAF

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
You wanna elaborate that point or are you just gonna leave that dogwhistle hanging

I just find a lot of the time here you can't have even a slightly differing opinion on any topic without being dogpiled such as anyone like myself who actually likes the epic games store.

Moderation is way too heavy handed too it leaves little room for discussion when bringing up something out of the popular opinion could very well get you banned.

I do like it here but there's a massive hive mind mentality.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
/v/, /vg/ and Reddit boards for specific games.
Moderation is way too heavy handed too it leaves little room for discussion when bringing up something out of the popular opinion could very well get you banned.

I do like it here but there's a massive give mind mentality.
This for me too. It's insanely weird to me that there are people who exclusively visit Era and never actually venture into other gaming forums.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
So weird to see the 'hive mind' generalizations about this place in 2019. People here can't even agree on who makes good cheeseburgers so I can't help but scratch the ol' head about which gaming-centric opinions are so out there that you'd get banned for expressing them.

Unless of course we've stopped talking about games and are talking more about shit like 'death threats are bad, but' or 'what is up with [minority group here] and [game that fails to represent them well] why can't they just keep politics out of my video games?' which is about the only regular set of bans I see on gaming side.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018

Uh yes? Look at my post history it rarely deviates from games. Maybe some comic books/MCU stuff and I stay clear from most hot topic discussions.

What a weird comment to make to someone coming to a predominantly video game forum.