Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
wolverine
but gets the gow treatment instead of spiderman
bam that's a goty contender

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is the heroes that work best in open world games are those who go out "on patrol" in their city. It'd be weird for King T'Challa to be running up skyscrapers in Wakanda. It would need to be a character action game or something.

For "the Insomniac treatment" you need street level heroes, imo.

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is the heroes that work best in open world games are those who go out "on patrol" in their city. It'd be weird for King T'Challa to be running up skyscrapers in Wakanda. It would need to be a character action game or something.

For "the Insomniac treatment" you need "street level" heroes, imo.
The Insomniac treatment is really just a deep dive tino what makes the character great, but a component developer. It doesn't mean make a game that plays like Spider-Man. But when we play as the heroes, I feel the best way to enjoy the game would be for the developer to make us feel like we are actually controlling the character and that it feels real. Insomniac did that with Spidey in spades. From basic movement to combat.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Black Panther. Wakandan Civil War. T'Challa trying to preserve his monarchy. Rebels want democracy. Economic democracy. The people are seizing control of the vibranium.

You're the bad guy, basically.

I'll agree with those who said let Ubi handle it. Make it play like ACO.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Sleep Walker, it would probably need a new game engine. Crazy dreamscapes plus Warp vision would be GOTY

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

For "the Insomniac treatment" you need street level heroes, imo.
I think Ghost Rider could be a cool open world games. give him a list of 50 target you have to hunt or something like that. gameplay features can consist of ground combat, bike chase level, vehicle combat, bike customization, a bit of lotr nemesis system etc

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Co-op Hawkeyes game with Clint and Kate :D

Thor game based off of God of War 2018 is kind of obvious now.

An espionage/Splinter Cell-like with Black Widow would be awesome.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Insomniac treatment is really just a deep dive tino what makes the character great, but a component developer. It doesn't mean make a game that plays like Spider-Man. But when we play as the heroes, I feel the best way to enjoy the game would be for the developer to make us feel like we are actually controlling the character and that it feels real. Insomniac did that with Spidey in spades. From basic movement to combat.
I guess what I'm saying is that, if anything, Insomniac has shown that Spider-Man is the perfect superhero to make a game about. Everything about the character translates perfectly to the modern open world formula. Batman does too, to an extent. For many other heroes, we'd have to be looking at entirely different genres.

Aegis Renfro

Jan 11, 2018
X-Menoriginsvideo_game.jpg

We already got Wolverine God of War

But we don't have Thor God of War, even though Kratos is literally in his back yard and swagger jacks his combat style.
We also don't have Green Arrow. Put an arrow crafting mechanic in there, so we can make exploding boxing glove arrows by combining materials.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
The answer here is any and all of them.
You have the heros.
They have the powers.
The universe and stories are already there.

Basically we need the MCU equivalent in video games now. The tech is there. It can be done. They just need to make it happen.

Now of course the fear is you will wind up with a lot of sub par games. This is no different from any genre out there though. So just let the good ones rise to the top, and the bad ones end up in the bargain bin.

As far as who I would personally love to see get the same AAA treatment Spider-Man has gotten...

Hawkeye - My personal #1. A great super hero inspired bow and arrow game. I am just a sucker for bow and arrows in any game.
Captain America(s) - Think combat along the lines of God Of War for Steve Rogers. Then think of the numerous flying games for Sam Wilson.
Iron Man - So many games to pull from here. Most recent would be think Anthem but Iron Man.
Black Panther - Could be one of the best Stealth games ever made if done properly.
Daredevil - A grittier, Spider-Man-esque approach without the flash acrobatics. Hell, use the same city if need be.
Punisher - Thinking take the Max Payne approach and make it Frank Castle instead.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Black Panther. Wakandan Civil War. T'Challa trying to preserve his monarchy. Rebels want democracy. Economic democracy. The people are seizing control of the vibranium.

You're the bad guy, basically.

I'll agree with those who said let Ubi handle it. Make it play like ACO.
they can really use the time when T'challa got thrown from waterfall and Killmonger rule Wakanda as a perfect premise for Black Panther game. the whole waterfall combat kinda feel like the opening of a video game too. T'challa almost died, lose most of his power, and he had to start from scratch. liberating section of Wakanda one by one and try to take down Killmonger

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A properly done Hulk game is probably the only one that'd interest me. Smashing everything is kind of perfect for a video game.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
they can really use the time when T'challa got thrown from waterfall and Killmonger rule Wakanda as a perfect premise for Black Panther game. the whole waterfall combat kinda feel like the opening of a video game too. T'challa almost died, lose most of his power, and he had to start from scratch. liberating section of Wakanda one by one and try to take down Killmonger

I'm down.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok nvm, that would work.

Someone do that, publishers.

Oct 29, 2017
Thor, Daredevil, Ironman, Flash, and Superman come to mind. I'd also want Green Arrow where you play as Stephen Amell's version of arrow.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Considering the jump from Sunset to Spidey, I want them jump even higher and make a game about a flying superhero

so Superman or Iron Man

Oct 25, 2017
My first instinct was Daredevil but I dont know how you do that game visually unless you just completely ignore the blind thing and depict the city normally with some bonus echolocation powers or something.

Iron Man is next guess just because of his popularity and potential for videogamey gadget gameplay.

Thor GoW would be cool.

Sep 7, 2018
ywf5y0g.jpg

I actually have this issue.
That tells me nothing about him other than his appearance.

I think Black Panther would be cool, but would they have to put him in another suit because his Vibranium one makes him indestructible right? It would be cool to see Wakanda in video game form, but I also think BP handles a lot of shit outside of Wakanda right? I mean he is a king and has to deal with international issues sometimes?

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully none. these IPs don't benefit from Open World style games. they need to be focused. Spider-Man is just a giant playground that gets pretty old fast. a reskinned version for a different IP would be extremely uninspired.

sythyx

Jun 9, 2018
While playing Spider-Man, it did cross my mind that a Superman game on the same tech could be really cool.
Too bad a Superman game is pretty unlikely to happen, with both Batman v Superman & Justice League bombing.

An Avengers game, where you can switch between the heroes at any time (ala GTAV).
Isn't there an Avengers game in development? i think it was being made by Square Enix,

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017

I think Black Panther would be cool, but would they have to put him in another suit because his Vibranium one makes him indestructible right? It would be cool to see Wakanda in video game form, but I also think BP handles a lot of shit outside of Wakanda right? I mean he is a king and has to deal with international issues sometimes?
It was supposed to inspire you to google him.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm take offense to "the insomniac" treatment when clearly rocksteady and the Arkham games fathered the whole style.
Don't get me wrong I love insomniac games but a good 80% of spider man is influenced by the Arkham games.
From the towers, to the challenges to some of the villains literally plugged in and on top of that rocksteady did it better! But I digress.

As far as superheroes I'd like my all time favorite invincible in a game, I think it'd face some of the same problems as the Superman game since he has a similar power set, but I think if handled correctly by an ambitious study it could be great. I think you'd have to be willing to make each game very different and part 1 would be when he just starts out and you'd work your way up to being a top hero, I think the first plot twist would be a huge omg moment for those unfamiliar with the comics.

As you built up your rep, power etc you'd be recruited to better and better teams. It'd need very strong writing though since his power set is generic

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Plus you could be put in scenarios as Clark Kent going about his day to day life.
Yeah there are all sorts of possibilities when you throw Clark Kent into the mix.

It might be tricky to make this fun, but Superman having to keep his identity a secret could add an extra dimension to the game. Clark Kent can't just take off in plain sight.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
The Flash open-world game would be amazing. I know they're technically not superheroes, but Lobo and John Constantine also have a lot of potential as protagonists of their own AAA video game.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there are all sorts of possibilities when you throw Clark Kent into the mix.

It might be tricky to make this fun, but Superman having to keep his identity a secret could add an extra dimension to the game. Clark Kent can't just take off in plain sight.
I would set it in the 80's and have phone booths all around Metropolis for you to run in and out to instantly change.

Oct 25, 2017
Hulk Ultimate Destruction was pretty cool.

I would like to see a Doctor Strange game. Give me all of those particle effects, lighting from spells, etc... Not sure who could develop it though. Maybe Square Enix?

Black Panther would be a prime candidate following the incredible success of the movie. All it really needs is good combat and a fully realized Wakanda. Day 1.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman Beyond

I really hope Rocksteady's new game is Batman: Arkham Beyond.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Moon Knight would be rad. Rather than being just an Arkham Clone (which would still be fine), it could play up the fact he's a schizophrenic with multiple personality disorder to do some sort of Soul Reaver style world shifting depending on which personality is in the lead.

Or go for the weird west coast run where his split personalities are Wolverine, Captain America, and Spider-Man.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017

They could always just give him one of his weaker suits like from Liss' run or the original Jungle Action series. And T'Challa deals with threats everywhere, including space and other dimensions, but he primarily operates in Wakanda and the neighboring countries like Azania and Niganda. I'd imagine most people would want it to be in Wakanda, though.