• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
So last night I decided to check out Steam World Dig 2. I figured I'd just boot it up and see whether or not it was in my wheel house. Lo and behold I check my phone to look up some impressions and several hours had passed. I love it when I find a game so engrossing that time just melts away. When was the last time you tried a game and it was suddenly 3am? I'm curious what has completely captivated you guys.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually really good about this stuff, but there was something about Spore back in the day when I was in college where if I started it up then OOPS it's the next day what the hell. It's been stuck in the very bottom of my desk drawer for close to a decade for that very reason.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Mine would probably be stardew valley, be so into planting crops and fishing that I lose track of time.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's happened to me with a lot of games but recently, Persona 5. I'd never known a thing about Persona or SMT as a whole but I decided to pick it up after a friend heavily recommended it. That game fucked up my sleep schedule for a while.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Last time?That would be me playing Cold Steel 1 for the first time. Time flew by instantly :)

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Lately Shadow of War has made 3-4 hour sessions feel like nothing. "One more nemesis mission" turns into an extra hour of play freakishly easily.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing that makes me lose sense of time is playing multiplayer games with my friends. We're all hooked on PUBG and time just files by when playing that game.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
Last time this happened to me was playing gears of war 3 with my wife -- ahh fun times I tell you.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2. Just about every night. Oh hey, I will do nightfall and maybe help folks with the raid but there I am 3-4 hours later, like clockwork.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
The new South Park game. I played seven or eight hours of it on release day, and it didn't feel like that long at all.

Aside from that, whenever I play Euro Truck Simulator 2 since I always have an audiobook/music in the background.

McNeelyJ

Oct 26, 2017
So last night I decided to check out Steam World Dig 2. I figured I'd just boot it up and see whether or not it was in my wheel house. Lo and behold I check my phone to look up some impressions and several hours had passed. I love it when I find a game so engrossing that time just melts away. When was the last time you tried a game and it was suddenly 3am? I'm curious what has completely captivated you guys.
XCOM 2 - all the XCOM games get me to lose hours upon hours...

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Forza Horizon 3. I'm new to Xbox, and have been starved for a good racing game for years(Blur, Sonic All Star, Burnout). I can seriously just get lost driving around forever in FH3, listening to classical music, punk, rock, or Groove until I realize it's 3am.....then play some more :)

Oct 25, 2017
Stardew Vally on the Switch, got it on launch, few days after I got sick and stayed at home for for two weeks. Those flew away like nothing.

My day was basically: Get up, eat, Stardew, sleep, repeat.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
The evil within 2, but this year many games made me feel like the time is running away from me..

Deku

Oct 25, 2017
Stardew Valley. Just one more day. I've always got plans I never have enough time to do.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild.

It would be time to sleep before you knew it.

Especially during the first 40 or so hours when you are not overpowered. That game sucked you in.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
Elite Dangerous has been my time sink this year. I could lose days just exploring and outfitting ships if I didn't have work and a family.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 0. My first Yakuza game, and time flew by when I just wanted to play further in the story... only instead to do side missions, the real estate and cabaret club mini games, telephone dating... and an afternoon goes by without continuing the story at all!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
XCOM does that to me. Previous games this year that did that were Persona 5 and BoTW.

BoTW is especially bad about this. You go "hey, what's that over there" and then suddenly it's been 4 hours.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Totally Stardew Valley on the Switch. I already put dozens of hours into the PC version, I didn't think I'd get hooked the same way again. Turns out I did.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yesterday i started playing resident evil 4 again (for the 20th time or so) and after 3.5 hours i realized i schould go to sleep because its 2am and i have to work in the morning

Buddeh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Divinity 2 destroyed me. I could have 12-14 hour sessions completely swallowed. Not even Bloodborne made me go this crazy.
I was sick from work for 3 weeks, and I actually set my alarm to 7AM so I could get up and play as much as possible. I'm 30 years old lol.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Most recently would be Golf Story and even Picross S. The one more puzzle mentality got me really hard.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
When Lumines came out I could say "onoe more go" and play for four hours more.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I have been playing co-op and time just flies by in that game. It is insane just how ridiculously fun that game is. Part of it might be due that since I am playing co-op I am forced into going with the flow rather then trying to always get the best outcome.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Persona 5. I usually need a break after an hour or so when gaming, but with P5 I was able to play 3-4 hours straight with no problems.

Akari

Oct 25, 2017
This happens every time I start up The Binding of Isaac Rebirth for better or worse.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
The last couple for me would have to be Skyrim SE (and the original when it came out of course) and Civ 5. I just started Destiny 2 on pc a couple days ago so we'll see if that catches on.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon: Zero Dawn.

It's incredibly immersive, and that's even ignoring the fantastic graphics. Of Sony's first party efforts so far this gen, I honestly think his one is the one to beat.