Banned
Aug 20, 2018

giphy.gif

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
51C75EYPWAL._SY445_.jpg

This would have been in early 2003. Me and my brother played the multiplayer to death. Good times.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I have never rented anything else than an appartment. I don't even do that anymore.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
It might've been F-Zero on SNES actually.
I was never really into renting games, and I was quite young when it was at least somewhat popular over here. I haven't seen any rental stores over here in a decade or two, though I hear some libraries now offer games.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Depends on the rules. Last time I rentrd a game from a physical location was Fallout 3 from Hollywood Video in 2008. Then I ran a videogame store for ten years and just took stuff I wanted to play.

Otherwise I won a year of Gamefly and the last game I got before it expired was Halo Wars 2.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Super Mario Odyssey will be here this week from GameFly and I can't wait to finally play it.

Marauder

Nov 1, 2017
Tales of Vesperia for Nintendo Switch. I regularly use Boomerang Rentals here in the UK, great service.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I don't know which game, but it would have been for PS1. Had a modchip in the PS1 and a CD burner in the computer. Ended up with a whole spindle of games.

That was the last time I engaged in piracy on a current console. Now I like paying for games, it supports a hobby I really enjoy.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I think it was king of fighters 96 on neogeo... not sure though, it was so long ago. Maybe kizuna encounter.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I have rented exactly zero games in my nearly 40 years on this planet.
Videogame rental was not a thing around these parts.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Redbox still rents games -- I am surprised that so few people have rented in the last decade. It's great for fighting games, or titles with relatively short singleplayer campaigns.

r16ydnm6qwp01.jpg

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
I think it was an armored core game for 360. I reached it online through Blockbuster. I got it and forgot about it. And then Blockbuster closed. I think I still have the disc someplace.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro. Took it back then bought it on pc. Game rentals are the best. Going to rent Judgement this weekend to see if I dig it

DeadeyeNull

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 26, 2018
Phantom hourglass, then my blockbuster closed. First Zelda I ever played, and now the only ones I haven't played are the Oracle games and more fringe spin-offs.

TAYREL713

Oct 30, 2017
Resident Evil2 RE-Make, liked it so much I brought the game. Wait, it was Rage 2, last game I rented was Rage 2. People, Red Box and Family Video are still a thing, rent til your lil hearts content.

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kirby Superstar Ultra! Kinda wish I held onto it, considering Blockbuster's ultimate fate..... is that considered stealing?

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime on the GameCube. I had the game, but i went on vacations on another city and a friend had a GameCube but hadn't played the game. I had to show him one of the greatest game ever made.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Last time I did that was probably back in the og Xbox era. For some reason I'm remembering Enclave. They probably didn't have anything else and I must have been really bored to rent that. Probably why it was the last time.

My game renting peak was in the snes era though. Very little money. Extremely expensive games. Must've rented Super Probotector a good ten times or so.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember. It was something from Blockbuster for the Gamecube, or maybe even the N64 ,15+ years ago. I doubt it was the last game I ever rented, but the last game I actually remember renting was Superman 64 with a friend. It's hard to forget such profound disappointment.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a very good question!

I think it was DMC: Devil May Cry on PS3, I didn't want to buy it so I rented it to try it out. It's all already so far away.