PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What we do before the shadows is some good stuff, glad it got shared here because I didn't realize it was a thing. Harvey just did another one with Mark Hamill

and the one with Natasia was hilarious!

Shame they don't get the attention they deserve.

Harvey seems like such a nice guy. It seems like the Youtube algorithm isn't doing his show any favors because I watch all of the BTS episodes and it never feels like any of them even crack 1000 views. I didn't think that was even possible.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That was a weak episode for me. Nick Kroll was good, the hat stuff was good, and Nandor's reactions like the, "Chop his hands off, don't embarrass him!" But the Colin Robinson stuff was meh, and the Elvis joke went flat.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Harvey seems like such a nice guy. It seems like the Youtube algorithm isn't doing his show any favors because I watch all of the BTS episodes and it never feels like any of them even crack 1000 views. I didn't think that was even possible.

You'd think Mark Hamill tweeting about the show to his millions of followers would get it going, but his tweet got considerably more attention that the BTS episode itself... I don't know enough about the YT algorithm to know what harvey's show's doing wrong, but it really doesn't feel right to me. You'd think there'd be a bit more interest at this point, I'm sure there's more people in the fanbase who would be interested if they knew of its existence

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked that. Nadja just being so mad at everyone about the hat is always good for comedy, and the final bit with Colin Robinson was a nice payoff.

Nov 1, 2017
What if Nandor has known this whole time and that's why he never turned him so that he can slowly take over the Staten Island?

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I feel like Guillermo's story will eventually lead to him finally being offered a chance to become a vampire (out of fear that he'll otherwise continue killing them). And I'm sure someone else has already suggested this, but I would love to see his namesake, Guillermo Del Toro, appear as his vampire-hunting grandfather or uncle or something.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Complete conjecture but I think once this hit Hulu right before season two hit the show started to get the attention it deserved. Glad to see season three on the way!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Didn't think this week was as funny as last week, but enjoyed seeing Nick Kroll again.

Also the stuff with Nandor/Guillermo was great.

Nice to see the Season 3 renewal come early.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Elvis joke was the lamest one they have done. It is just so basic. Still an awesome episode. The tension between Nandor and Guillermo is really ratcheting up.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
The Nandor and Guillermo storyline this week was great, and I totally didn't see the twist with Celeste coming. The Nadja and Laszlo stuff was a bit weak I thought, outside of the opening and when Laszlo heard "Come on Eileen." I liked the mid credits scene too, since it threw me for a loop. I only just discovered that some (all?) of the episodes have something during the middle of the credits though, so I may need to go back and check every episode to see what I missed.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So did that mean Nandor turned him into a vampire, or he already was one? I didn't get it :/

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
So did that mean Nandor turned him into a vampire, or he already was one? I didn't get it :/
I think the idea it that Nando turned him, kind ina way to show Guillermo he really means to fufill his promise. But then he earesed the guy mind and left him behind because he was still annoyed by him lol

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Guillermo's reactions were priceless. The music was hilarious, especially the R-rated old-timey rhymes. Human music group LOL. Guillermo and Nandor's breakup and makeup was great.

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I can see that way too. I think it was more for us the viewers
Yep, I don't think Guillermo knew. Nandor probably turned him into a vampire to shut him up and ensure he doesn't repeat coming back to the house due to Luminosity. As they drive away Nandor says something along the lines of 'alright book it Guillermo....keep your eyes on the road' aka don't look back and see something you're not supposed to.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I really liked the story progress here. The music joke ran out of legs. I saw the Celeste reveal coming but it was still funny. Interesting end scene, suggesting Nandor keeps his word but it may be a very long time.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
From Panera Bread you came and to Panera Bread you shall return!

That was definitely the line of the night. Also Benji telling Guillermo he used to beat off in the same pillow and sheets that Guillermo used.

Seeing the actress who played Celeste just reminded me of Russian Doll and her saying "Birthday baby" repeatedly.