• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I expect it to iterate on SFV pretty straightforwardly, if not leaning in slightly more on SF3's aesthetic by trying out more possibly stylized elements like smears in 3D.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't though.

ken.png

ken_super-1152x648.jpg

Now....his hair on the other hand...
Post a versus screen pic and get back to me.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
Hopefully not overly realistic like recent RE games and DMC5.

Street Fighter has always been stylized and anime inspired. I'm hoping they tone down the sexualization of the women though.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with it looking similar to SFV...but with a little bit more aesthetically pleasing characters, especialy their proportions. I get that they have bigger hands and feet for better visibility and more oomph, but you can still tone it a little down.
Also, there is no shame in making Ryu a little more handsome again. He doesn't need to look so cavemanish. Smash's Ryu or even Fortnite's Ryu have expressive and chiseled yet handsome faces:

ryu_00.png

transparent.png

Last edited:

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Street Fighter 6 should go in a really bold new direction. Go with an exaggerated anime style, with over the top, crazy attacks and effects. And then the entire roster should be replaced, including Ken & Ryu, with monsters. Things like werewolves and ghosts and succubi. Finally, they should changed the name from Street Fighter 6 to Darkstalkers.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Street Fighter 6 should go in a really bold new direction. Go with an exaggerated anime style, with over the top, crazy attacks and effects. And then the entire roster should be replaced, including Ken & Ryu, with monsters. Things like werewolves and ghosts and succubi. Finally, they should changed the name from Street Fighter 6 to Darkstalkers.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
BossLackey

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO

lmao. RIP Darkstalkers.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Why that's just crazy enough to work!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I expect some stylized visuals. Just hope they do better with the body proportions. SFVs characters just look off, far less than 4 but it's still apparent they still haven't nailed SF in 3D.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I want the characters to look like DMC5 models. Realistic but with enough anime style to not reach uncanny valley.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
I like how sfv looks, so I hope the just refine that. It would be nice if the game could look like the cg arcade edition intro during gameplay. Also hopefully the backgrounds are more detailed. Also considering they will definitely be selling costumes, I don't want them playing it safe with the default outfits. Hot ryu should've been the default, show that time has passed or something.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me it won't look like SFV that's for sure. I think it'll be a departure, it would be a bit idk, disappointing if they kept the same set style. I look forward to SF games to switch things up a bit and frankly I want them to shuffle the deck a bit.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
If it's RE engine I'd like it looking like Monster Hunter Rise. That game is incredibly beautiful. That on a 2D plane would be something else. If it's UE I'd like them keeping it similar to sfv with better models.

I'm mad hype for SFVI

I'm sure RE engine is really scalable but referencing MHR as what it should look like is kind of odd since it's only on the switch atm. Also SFVI doesnt need anymore clipping issues.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for it to have an anime aesthetic that evokes Alpha and SF3 without going full Guilty Gear but unfortunately, we'll probably get something closer to Mortal Kombat on the RE Engine. I'd settle for the style used in some parts of the SFV CG trailers.

Last edited:

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
Back to pixel art style and gorgeous hand drawn animations.

Of course it will never happen, but I would love it :(

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm okay with something similar to SFV but with more polish. Especially in the hair and geometry clipping departments.

The AE intro cinematic would be a good place to start, as has been suggested.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Anime is cool and all but they should try their hand at a realistic style in the RE:Engine. Final Fight Streetwise wasnt that bad
There's a lot of visual fidelity difference from SFIV to SFV obviously, but style-wise they're too similar to me. time to switch it up

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Anime is cool and all but they should try their hand at a realistic style in the RE:Engine. Final Fight Streetwise wasnt that bad
There's a lot of visual fidelity difference from SFIV to SFV obviously, but style-wise they're too similar to me. time to switch it up
I'd say they can do that with their myriad of other games that have adopted a realistic art style. You'll most likely get your wish though.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
SFV but better.

The last thing I want is to see it ape another franchise's style. Yes, GG Strive looks gorgeous. No, not every fighting game needs to look like that. Let franchises have their own face.

Last edited:

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
I'd like it to look more 'alive' and have much better input latency.

Amazing outfit/cloth physics and weather variations all having an effect on each other. And look completely different to V. Please

And be multiformat so more people can play it

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
Project Darkstalkers should be the project name for jokes.

Mar 11, 2021
Wow, I never knew SFV was a PlayStation exclusive. That is wild!

As someone who wants to get into Street Fighter, I hope that whatever it looks like, it has a good and consistent art style. Looking from the outside, Street Fighter V looks weird.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Use the portraits of Super Street Fighter II as the basis for the art style. It's what I wanted for every Street Fighter sequel. Or baring that, just a high res version of Third Strike.

ThirdROB

Oct 27, 2017

I think you're on to something here...