RE3 -- the rest of the city I guess, and a clock tower, and a hospital
CV -- an island with a prison, Antarctica
RE4 -- a village, a castle, another island military base
RE5 -- more villages, some ruins
REV1 -- a boat
REV2 -- another island with a prison
RE6 -- a university, random Eastern European locations, China
RE7 -- a bayou estate, another boat

I started thinking about it again when I saw this twitter thread from someone who had a job distributing first aid kits in a hydroelectric dam:

I used to have a job in a Hydro dam where I had to locate all the first aid kits and restock the bandaids and stuff in them, and never have I felt more like the person who scatters all the health items around for the player to find in a Silent Hill game or whatever

Last edited:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
im kinda shocked that there hasnt been a zombie game set in an empty theme park thats a rip off of disneyworld. Take the monorails between different themed parks, underground tunnels, first aid stations, restaurants, gift shops. Would be so amazing, my dream zombie game.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
im kinda shocked that there hasnt been a zombie game set in an empty theme park thats a rip off of disneyworld. Take the monorails between different themed parks, underground tunnels, first aid stations, restaurants, gift shops. Would be so amazing, my dream zombie game.

And with some creepy amusement park music.

OP
OP
RedSwirl

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017

I can't think of a whole horror game that's just been a theme park, but a theme park featured in Silent Hill 1 and 3. I think Outbreak also had a theme park or a zoo in it.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Has any RE done anything with Deep Sea? Because underwater is pretty terrifying. Somehow throw the T-Virus or whatever into that, boom. Instant nightmare fuel.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Abandoned amusement park sounds good. Those things look creepy after being left to natural elements for years

river-country-featured-new.jpg

abandoned-theme-park-nara-dreamland-japan-romain-veillon-7.jpg

0*fhohbGDsmlvoinfM.jpg

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
The Surge: A Walk in the Park DLC is exactly what you are asking for.

OP
OP
RedSwirl

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
For a long time I've been wondering if they'd ever straight-up do the jungle, rainforest, or other wilderness. Brief parts have been in the wilderness surrounding the main locations, but never anything all the way in the wilderness. I'm thinking like Metal Gear Solid 3 here.

And would it be possible to do a significant portion of a game on a plane?

Has any RE done anything with Deep Sea? Because underwater is pretty terrifying. Somehow throw the T-Virus or whatever into that, boom. Instant nightmare fuel.

SOMA did that and I agree more horror needs to start thinking about deep sea. Revelations 1 and RE7 each did a boat, but both were above water. Parts of a boat in REV1 were underwater.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm trying to think of examples puzzles and secret Umbrella labs could fit into.

A University campus, perhaps a European one. A modern gallery, a bit unoriginal but very fitting choice. A hospital, could work with someone waking up from a coma. A hiking trail?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
the whole setting from RE7 can be done much better.
Being stuck in a house with psychopaths or serial killers.
With B.O.W.s too Lol

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Abandoned amusement park sounds good. Those things look creepy after being left to natural elements for years

river-country-featured-new.jpg

abandoned-theme-park-nara-dreamland-japan-romain-veillon-7.jpg

0*fhohbGDsmlvoinfM.jpg
Fuuuuck these look cool. I've always wanted to visit an abandoned theme park myself (in the daytime, obviously). They seem like great subjects for photo ops. And yeah, having this at night would be great for a horror game.

The only game that comes to my mind oddly enough is the brief moment in Detroit Become Human where Kara & Crew finds an abandoned park to stay for the night. Tense scene, but really cool, but also not scary.

OP
OP
RedSwirl

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Back to Raccoon City, which in the years since RE2 has transformed into a sort of American Chernobyl, with its own ecosystem of mutated wildlife. It would be American/Japanese STALKER.

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
set one in the past maybe like the 50s or 60s on an umbrella research station or training facility

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Abandoned quarantined town, mini open-world with zombies.

All the way into underground with secret Umbrella base beneath it (though that's not exactly new...).

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
The more I think about it the more I want to see RE set in a single skyscraper, Die Hard style.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I want it to go dead island.

Exclusive island resort that is about to be hit by a hurricane. Doesn't have to be enormous, but emphasizes replayability as certain locations get destroyed or built up by player choice.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
An office cmplex in a high rise building like Nakatomi. Imagine each foor is filled with zombies and monsters. There's also the risk of using either the elevator or the stairs. Elevator is faster and skips some floors but requires you to get a key from an unexplored section of the office. This key gets upgraded in gaining access to restricted floors. The stairs get you where you want to be but you have to go through each floor of stairs with each set of threats.