• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Park was already set in a theme park, wasn't that a Secret World spin off or something?

But yeah, snow would be awesome. Could use footprints to your advantage, there'd be plenty of opportunity to have frozen zombies come to life as such for some jump scares, the cold could add some more survival to the game.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
An office cmplex in a high rise building like Nakatomi. Imagine each foor is filled with zombies and monsters. There's also the risk of using either the elevator or the stairs. Elevator is faster and skips some floors but requires you to get a key from an unexplored section of the office. This key gets upgraded in gaining access to restricted floors. The stairs get you where you want to be but you have to go through each floor of stairs with each set of threats.

Yeah - having worked a night shift job in an office, dark empty offices are fucking creepy.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
A proper hotel with The Shining in mind.

While i know the Spencer mansion had some influences with it, we need more stuff like this.

images

Besides that, doing more sea related stuff would be amazing, a big submarine perhaps or even an underwater base.

Or fuck it, just do a Japanese setting already, and bring Junji Ito along, please.

images

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I know a university has already been done but give a college the feel RE2make had and it would be a great RE game.

Nov 4, 2017
A movie studio? Adds a lot of opportunity for scenery changes and cheesy gotchas. Also auter directors and arrogant stars provide pretext for obnoxious, nonsensical puzzles.

"Ugh... We need water, but all the bottled water was taken and locked away by Taylor Swift. And. Part of her rider included a giant safe that can only be unlocked with these three gems hidden throughout Lot B. She's literally the worst."

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
You could go the route of the novel "The Troop". Main character is a Boy Scouts leader, and he's taking his troop out to an island for nature discovery and things go bad.

But I do love the idea of an amusement park. Also a cruise ship could be cool.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
A National Park.

A Mall.

A Neighborhood.

A City Block.

A Business Park.

A Zoo.

A Forest.

A Ski Resort/Village.

An Apartment Complex with nearby Shopping.

A Hotel.

A Hospital.

I would like an RE focuses on one or two of these areas at most. But make them deep. Lots of interactivity.

Some of these have showed up briefly, but I mean a whole game about one of these areas. Like, they function as an entire facility.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
An Airport
A Skyscraper
An Art Gallery

Thats all I got. Realistically these would also be ideal for a "One Man Stealth Mission" too.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
A very small tropical island, with a Mr X style antagonist keeping you in constant peril.

Also, a mall, because there should be a real continuation of the incredible Dead Rising ffs.

OP
OP
RedSwirl

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
set one in the past maybe like the 50s or 60s on an umbrella research station or training facility

I think it would be more interesting if they went even further into the past, like before the advent of automatic firearms.

Abandoned quarantined town, mini open-world with zombies.

All the way into underground with secret Umbrella base beneath it (though that's not exactly new...).

Yeah that sounds like Raccoon City but with all the time that's passed in the series since the first few games.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Back to Raccoon City, which in the years since RE2 has transformed into a sort of American Chernobyl, with its own ecosystem of mutated wildlife. It would be American/Japanese STALKER.
Well they nuked Raccoon City at the end of RE 3, so I assume its just a big crater these days.

An airport would be my choice. Although it was touched upon in the first Resident Evil CG movie with Leon and Claire.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
A small town in the midwest that is in the middle of nowhere and cut off from everything else, and don't do it as an action game like RE4-6.
Reading some of the other replies I think a University and a hotel are also really good options.

A University that is far enough outside of a town to make it isolated. You'd have a full campus to explore, from dorms all the way to some weird shit as is expected from RE.
Similar things go for a hotel, have it be secluded and far away from help and have a nice variety of rooms as well as some outside areas.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
1800s New York or equivalent. You play as either the dude Leon or Chris are decended from, which is just them with a handlebar mustache.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
An abandoned private school in the English countryside from the 40's where eugenic studies were done in secret.

A big sprawling mountain hotel in winter, like the Shining, and a small village near it. Also a ski lift station and maybe a power plant.

A science station in Arctic or Greenland village near it.
Maybe you could even find an old frozen-in expedition ship form the 1800 with ties to the spencers.

A remote village in a fjord in Norway with a laboratory underwater or in the mountainside.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
An abandoned private school in the English countryside from the 40's where eugenic studies were done in secret.

A big sprawling mountain hotel in winter, like the Shining, and a small village near it. Also a ski lift station and maybe a power plant.

A science station in Arctic or Greenland village near it.
Maybe you could even find an old frozen-in expedition ship form the 1800 with ties to the spencers.

A remote village in a fjord in Norway with a laboratory underwater or in the mountainside.
I would go fucking nuts for Resident Evil to basically pull a Boys From Brazil or Dead Mountaineer's Hotel.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jungle. Make it so that you have to constantly go through dense foliage. Night and day cycles - nights are extremely difficult and you are basically fucked if you don't find a tree to spend some time and rest/replenish health.