• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
As someone who has also asked this question, I'm surprised there really aren't many games that fill this gap.

I don't know about OP but I'd love a proper AAA game based on The Expanse. I don't get the complaints that it's more action focused because there's a hell of a lot of sitting in meetings, recruiting/convincing people to join you, or going on daring treks around the solar system.

Starfield could really be the next game to fill the gap that Mass Effect has left.

Jan 18, 2021
Horizon. Both sci fi and its set similar to that star trek where go to a planet that has destroyed buildings, water, past civilization mixed with high tech stuff

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
While not something I would traditionally consider Star Trekish, but Starlink: The Battle for Atlas had some decent space exploration that gave me some Star Trek vibes.

I also second Xenoblade X. It all takes place on one planet, but the exploration and relationship building with the various alien species you meet is just wonderful.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Outer Wilds gave me really strong Star Trek vibes. One of those episodes where they're trying to unravel the mystery behind an ancient alien race or unexplained spatial anomaly. That game would have made for a wicked two-part TNG episode.