What's your opinion on Jill's new design?

• Incredible

• Good

• It's okay

• Bad, I prefer the OG design

• Horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Super meh, but I'm super biased as RE3 was my first game with my dad.
Would rather MvC2 Jill but Original Costume is DLC so w/e

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a huge Jill fanboy and I'm very disappointed with how this turned out. Her face looks just... wrong. In all fairness, the rest of her design is very good, so maybe they'll tune out some facial details and beta and we'll end up getting something better in the end product.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
I think it looks great. RE3 is a iconic design but obviously dated so I am glade Capcom managed to give Jill the redesign she deserved as one of gamings most iconic women characters.

She looks great.

e2605602463cc9ceb4439960bb718d1c.jpg

Sorry. Wrong character.
26900372537_33b94370ed_b.jpg

No. thats not it.
Tomb-Raider-Lara-Croft-Summit-2013.jpg

Hmmmm.

You know. Starting to think there must have been a heck of a sale in the tank top and jeans shop in video game land.

Wow, a whole FOUR female characters, all of which are in games with semi-realistic settings, wearing an outfit that probably 90% of women in that age group wear in the summertime. What a fucking tragedy.

We're really approaching the approximately 9000 video game protagonists that are scowling white man with dark hair cut in a military style.

Sound the alarm! This will not stand! Four is too many! Women in my video games must be dressed totally impractically or else!

Oct 27, 2017
REmake Jill (Julia Voth) is best Jill, but this new design is pretty good too. I agree that the clothes look a bit generic, but overall they work as both practical and believable. I can take it.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. I think the hair style is a little off-ish, but overall a far more modernized design when compared to her OG design in 3.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I think it's okay but no more. The original outfit might have been a bit ridiculous for the circumstances, but I like ridiculous. Also, I would have preferred it if they'd used Julia Voth again as the face model.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
How does even wearing a skirt makes sense in the context of the game? In the lore you can get the virus by being bitten by a zombie or rat infected with the virus. Wouldn't it be logical to have pants to protect her legs especially since she knows them from the mansion in 1.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I like it! Much more grounded which suits the new direction the series have taken.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
She's a fucking cop, a special forces one and she knows shit is going down in her city and had the worst fucking time on Spencer Mansion but for some real sketchy reason people think she has to wear the least amount of clothes as possible so "she look like a survivor a real woman warrior"?

Excuse me?

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
How does even wearing a skirt makes sense in the context of the game? In the lore you can get the virus by being bitten by a zombie or rat infected with the virus. Wouldn't it be logical to have pants to protect her legs especially since she knows them from the mansion in 1.

As someone not familiar with the series, was ongoing infection a concern in the time leading up to the events of the game?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
As someone not familiar with the series, was ongoing infection a concern in the time leading up to the events of the game?
The beginning of the game takes place on September 27th, which is when Jill, er, explodes out of her apartment building. The outbreak became prevalent on the 24th (up until then, there were many reports of violence going on in the city and the hospitals were already compromised, but people still went about their daily lives). Emergency services ceased to function in the couple days after that.

The game begins in earnest on the 28th, after Jill hangs out in a warehouse with Dario for a day to wait for help, before deciding to escape the city on her own.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
The beginning of the game takes place on September 27th, which is when Jill, er, explodes out of her apartment building. The outbreak became prevalent on the 24th (up until then, there were many reports of violence going on in the city and the hospitals were already compromised, but people still went about their daily lives). Emergency services ceased to function in the couple days after that.

The game begins in earnest on the 28th, after Jill hangs out in a warehouse with Dario for a day to wait for help, before deciding to escape the city on her own.

Thanks,

So from that it would be fair to say she knew what was up and would chose attire accordingly from the sound of it.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She looks like Lara Croft, which is fine. I'm sure the game will have you unlock her classic "grown and sexy" outfit.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
oh boy I look forward to the mods on the PC version. Some disturbing ones out there for RE2 remake. Some good ones though.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1/10 - not enough anime porcelain. She looks so manly and ugly and too much like action superstar Milla Jovovich. /s

She looks fine, I actually like Jill's better than Claire's model.

I do have a problem with whatever is on Carlos's head.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone needs to make a variant of the "How to Identify Wood" image with this Jill.

Yep, that's Jill.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Short haired and not blonde. That's OK with me :D

Voth was a pipe dream anyway.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Resident Evil 3 does not take place when Jill is on duty. Jill does not don her STARS uniform because that is a reflection of her personal style. Stop erasing Jill's fashion agency.
Last Escape is the Japanese subtitle for the game... that doesn't mean she was planning it.
I know you're banned but it makes me giggle that in under an hour you went from asking that people stop erasing Jill's agency... to erasing it yourself. If she wasn't planning her escape and appropriate clothes, then where is her agency?

Stay mad.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the OG design, but the new design still looks good. It would've been better if they kept the skirt. It's too bad the "classic" costumes are a pre-order bonus. :-/

Overall, it's a solid B+. I do like that it's still recognizably "Jill" instead of looking completely different like whatever that other game was where they went with a completely different face (RE Revelations?).

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Boring, bland, forgettable and unnecessarely realistic. I don't really get why Capcom has to re-invent all their most beloved characters only to make them extremely less iconic and recognizable.

Who doesn't know who these characters are?

dcrchb0vkzaj8gjcxtfw.png

tumblr_pw2nslQ3qH1yq0tfao2_r1_500.jpg

I think outside of maybe Chris from RE7, and Trish looks kind off from her actor - Capcom has done a great job getting these actors. They've become the characters. And I'm actually hoping they have something worked out contractually so that they can work with them again without too much hassle.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
She's a fucking cop, a special forces one and she knows shit is going down in her city and had the worst fucking time on Spencer Mansion but for some real sketchy reason people think she has to wear the least amount of clothes as possible so she look like a survivor a real woman warrior"?

Excuse me?
Yeah the mental gymnastics in these threads to justify it has been hilarious to me. This is seriously entertaining and baffling at the same time.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
My opinion on Jill's design is --
giphy.gif

Like with Claire, it's a great modern updated redesign. re: Jill's OG RE3 design, it was something that was in fashion in the late 90s/2000s - to wear at a party. Not as an experienced combatant fighting zombies, good lord.

We went from this:

Jill-Valentine-resident-evil-5-40426218-1024-430.jpg

To this:

ELbroLBXUAAYqTU

Thanks, Capcom!

Thank god!

Resident Evil 3 does not take place when Jill is on duty. Jill does not don her STARS uniform because that is a reflection of her personal style. Stop erasing Jill's fashion agency.

...a fictional female character's fashion agency is certainly a new concept I haven't heard before.

She's a fucking cop, a special forces one and she knows shit is going down in her city and had the worst fucking time on Spencer Mansion but for some real sketchy reason people think she has to wear the least amount of clothes as possible so "she look like a survivor a real woman warrior"?

Excuse me?

Yep, this.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The OP still lacks good comparison pics, but this one came across my twitter.
EYvrz8T.jpg

Looking at the designs side by side, I really feel like they didn't carry forward enough of the design language from the original design to this new one. Like what actually makes these two identifiable as the same character? You've got blue and white appearing in both outfits, and that's like it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
ELbroLBXUAAYqTU

She finally looks like she actually fits the premise of the game. And Capcom has been going ham with making their characters look more human than typical video game protagonists.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She actually dresses like a human being now so I think its a great redesign.

Wait, human beings don't wear skirts or tubetops?

The OP still lacks good comparison pics, but this one came across my twitter.
EYvrz8T.jpg

Looking at the designs side by side, I really feel like they didn't carry forward enough of the design language from the original design to this new one. Like what actually makes these two identifiable as the same character? You've got blue and white appearing in both outfits, and that like it.
I think keeping the sweater would have already helped. Maybe lose the white undershirt.