• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
The Saboteur was a game that was ahead of its time.

A solid open world set in world war 2 with vehicles, beautiful graphics for its time (and physics), excellent story and thick characters. Stealth gameplay that makes MGS5 look like kindergarten. Man what a good game. Definitely one of the best games I have ever played.

latest

latest

When do you think we will get a The Saboteur 2? Would you be up for one?

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
Not to drive by post, but unless they turn into a GaaS fest, there's no chance. Games that did sell well, like Dead Space, have more of a chance and those aren't gonna happen. I'd love a sequel, but it's not gonna happen.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'll take BC on XBO. Or a remaster.

One of my fav games of last gen.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Well, EA killed Pandemic so... never probably. I think EA moved on from that series.

I was looking at Pandemic's Twitter yesterday, made me depressed. They were one of the greats, I'm truly crushed by their closure.

If there was ever a sequel, I'd just want more of what we got with tighter and more refined mechanics so it plays just a bit better. It didn't feel as fluid as I would've liked but I loved that game a lot. BACK COMPAT VERSION WHEN?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Don't make me cry now. One of the many great devs destroyed by EA

Even if it ever happens EA will ensure it isn't what fans of the first one want, so it's better off dead

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Never and I certainly wouldn't want it from or trust EA in 2018 to do it the justice it deserves. I know this is a totally different time period but a lot of what Saboteur did right, Watch Dogs 2 improved on. I just hope Watch Dogs 3 goes full non-lethal because it's truly at its best when it's being played with stealth in mind.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I liked Saboteur quite a bit but

?

It was a okay take on Hitman's stealth, with extremely basic AI and simple stealth mechanics
Yeah, I actually was stealthy despite the game design's insistence on me to kill people in firefights. It was a pain on the butt to be stealthy most of the time. In MGSV, it's a breeze and incredibly enjoyable.

I hope that we get another game, that actually has the courage to go full B&W. The game looked best like that. But we're never getting another game. I remember thinking EA send it to death in a December, I believe.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
on the same day we get Command & Conquer 5, Black & White 3, Ulima 11, Virtua Fighter 6

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
If I hadn't lost my save file, I would've played it to the end. A sequel would be super great. A remaster would be even better.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Since the game prety much led to Pandemic beeing shut down, I would say "never"

idclev

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Someone will need to have the balls to descend deep into EA´s catacombs and extract the IP from Pandemic´s grave.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
Remember this is when online passes existed. If you bought the game new you got to see titties, if you bought it used and didn't have the code they had a black bar across them or you could pay for the online pass to see nipples.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Never, you can thank EA for that.

No, you can thank Pandemic for that. Pandemic failed because of their own problems with shifting to the PS3/360 era between technology, team growth & ambition. EA just helped fund them & push them along as they failed from their own hubris.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
No, you can thank Pandemic for that. Pandemic failed because of their own problems with shifting to the PS3/360 era between technology, team growth & ambition. EA just helped fund them & push them along as they failed from their own hubris.

Sigh...

Yeah guess I shoud thank them for being purchased by EA and being closed down also by them not too long after.

Shoud we also thank Westword for their closure by EA?Origin?Bullfrog?

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, and I thought it was a pipe dream hoping for Skies of Arcadia 2. But that'll come long before this will by merit of the developer being shutted and EA being EA. Sega at least is the kind of publisher that plausibly could eventually go "HEY, HOW ABOUT WE DO THIS SUDDENLY!" while EA would go "oh, we released those games? Weird" to an entire generation.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
one of the few open world games I actually finished.
loved the setting, loved the black and white scheme.
still holding onto the disc, waiting for BC

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the most underrated and overlooked sandbox games ever, it was like Mercenaries but set in WW2. EA are too busy gobbling up suckers spending money on how their virtual character looks with loot boxes than to go back and make good games again.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm given to understand it didn't exactly make the big bucks. I wouldn't hold my breath.

No great loss. It was just a thoroughly unremarkable GTA me-too with a bad habit of making you drive all the way across the map multiple times in the same mission.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I heard Valve will get right on it right after they wrap up Half Life 3.

Nov 1, 2017
Pitch to EA a sequel where:

It's Open world full of people!
People can do missions together.
Mirco Transactions for better clothing
Mico Transactions for better weapons
Mico Transactions for better vehicles to get around in.
Mico Transactions for nudity in every visit when you go to the strip clubs.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
Was such a fun game, and this thread reminds me to give the game another play through. Sadly getting a sequel for it probably isn't in the cards. :(

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I replayed it last year and it is still one of the most fun open world games for all its lapses into cheese and jank.

I would love a sequel but if it's just Ghost Recon Wildlands then no. Just no.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a bad year for WWII games. The Saboteur, Wolfenstein, and Velvet Assassin all tanked in the same year.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Paid DLCs to unlock visible nipples by strippers...EA, back in the day.

The game was average at best, with art direction and Paris saving an otherwise mediocre game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I loved this game so much, 100% it on 360 and PS3, sadly we'll never get a sequel. While the game wasn't perfect there was something about it. A few years ago concept of a scrapped base surfaced and man, i wish it would've ended up in the game, would've been wacky enough to work.

right here