00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm still waiting for a WW2 sandbox in Warsaw made by CDPR. I wanted a Witcher game when I was a kid, then I got it. Now's the time for another wish coming true. Probably in 2030.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Always loved this game, it was so much fun! Unfortunately OP we will never get a sequel..

Oct 27, 2017
This thread hurts. Just thinkimg about the sequels for the series. A cold war Berlin game would have been great.

Fuck EA, what a bunch of dicks.

MikeBluesky

Nov 27, 2017
I'm still waiting for a WW2 sandbox in Warsaw made by CDPR. I wanted a Witcher game when I was a kid, then I got it. Now's the time for another wish coming true. Probably in 2030.

Holy shit that would be awesome, so many stories to be explored.

But back to The Saboteur - awesome game, but I've lost hope for a sequel long time ago. Maybe reboot from a different studio? But that wouldn't be the same :(

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
So, where is the Pandemic talent? Did they formed a new studio or were swalled by EA?

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
a game that didn't sell well at all, and doesn't have any name power; but you want a studio to spend millions making a single player game (which don't sell well at all nowadays) without any way for a potential return; we'll get right on that boss, just for you

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I love this game but its is definitely not on par with MGSV.

That said, this game was suuuuuuper underrated and one of my favs last gen. A perfect swan song for Pandemic, May they Rest In Peace.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
It was a super underrated game, that I had a ton of fun with back when it came out. Not sure how well it holds up these days, but I've still got my copy lying around if it ever becomes backwards compatible.

The mgs5 comment is a real head scratcher though...

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this game but its is definitely not on par with MGSV.

That said, this game was suuuuuuper underrated and one of my favs last gen. A perfect swan song for Pandemic, May they Rest In Peace.
yeah it's always a weird law in the gaming community that in order to show one's enjoyment for one product one must destroy another product by comparison

It's childish and silly. I guess it's just a holdover from the time when console wars meant competing games in the same genre differed across platforms so one felt the need to justify a purchase of one v the other, but still a rather embarrassing blight on the industry that shows the community still has a ways to go to grow up a bit.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It was an awesome game that had plenty of room for improvement. We need more WWII open world games, not just FPSs.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Uh yeah, about that... OP

200.gif

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I liked The Saboteur but the first Mercenaries game is still the best thing Pandemic did. The faction system, the destructible environments, vehicle/weapon/bomb drops, the ability to disguise in enemy vehicles was all so so good.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The license must be stored somewhere in an office, somewhere in the world.

Yeah, they should get someone else to make a Pandemic classic, it worked well with Star Wars: Battlefront.

Bottom line, Pandemic is dead and so are their level of quality of games because EA doesn't' know how to replicate it.

HerrSchiller

Apr 26, 2018
Still mad that EA closed down Pandemic 2 years after the acquisition. But what can you expect from EA. I really liked most Pandemic games like the Star Wars Battlefront games, Mercenaries 1 & 2, The Saboteur and even Lord of the Rings Conquest. Their Tech was also pretty great. The Zero Engine looked great for it's time and the Odin engine as well, unfortunately the Odin engine only came to use in The Saboteur...

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing Mercs 1 on Xbox One (it's a bit crashy, but fun) and reminiscing about this exact game. In an alternative universe, Mercs 3 and Saboteur 2 exist.

We must get Saboteur on backwards compat at some point, surely?

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Every now and then, when I put Christmas decorations out, I remember the game since I played it heavily while helping my family set said decorations.

Nov 8, 2017
I gave my nephew my PS3 for Christmas so I played The Saboteur again while I still could. It was still as much fun as I had remembered. Open world Nazi destruction is a good recipe for an enjoyable game.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Dude... never. It bombed, Pandemic is dead, and EA has no interest in single-player development, and if they did, they have way more lucrative licenses to apply to it than The Saboteur.